tri. Part 4 Interviews Part 4- Ikeda, Takeuchi, Hanae, Sakamoto, & Ishihara

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The interviews are almost done, this is the last of the main cast, plus a bonus interview.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is Junya Ikeda (Jou) and Junko Takeuchi (Gomamon.)

Posting these a bit earlier for fun since these are likely the last batch.

As expected, the questions are identical to those asked to prior actors.

Note- The interviews may reveal spoilers. Please be forewarned if you choose to read and want to avoid spoilers.

Junya Ikeda
Q: Please tell us what you felt after reading the script for 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"', as well as how you felt during recording, or if there were any scenes that left a deep impression on you.
A: I got the impression that as each part continues stacking atop the previous, the story gets deeper and pierces even further down. The mysteries continue to multiply, and we get immersed even further in the story which grows heavier with each part. Even during recording, as everyone in the cast and the staff gathered together, there was this sense of 'completeness' at the venue where everyone's thoughts felt like one.

Q: Are there any parts of 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"' that you especially feel is a must-watch or highly recommended part? (It doesn't matter even if it's a scene you did not take part in)
A: As usual, I thought the evolution scenes were great and really well done, they really make you fired up. And another scene that's not too far off, but... I can't say too much about it right now, but after [the children] defeat a certain enemy, when all of them were able to reunite, Jou's confidence-filled line then felt really on point. (laughs) I thought it was really Jou-esque of him, especially how no one tried to say otherwise [about his confidence].

Q: Please leave a message for the Digimon fans looking forward to Part 4.
A: Part 4 illustrates the bonds between the characters from an angle not previously seen before. I was really moved by how no matter their conflicts, no matter how they got separated, no matter how they were forgotten, everybody's thoughts stood unchanged. I feel that this film will definitely reach out to the hearts of Digimon fans. Please look forward to it.

Junko Takeuchi
Q: Please tell us what you felt after reading the script for 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"', as well as how you felt during recording, or if there were any scenes that left a deep impression on you.
A: I thought it was a painful ordeal for the children, seeing the Digimon in a rebooted state. In comparison, the Digimon mostly seemed pretty carefree. It was in a way, amusing to watch that difference in attitude, though you do feel for the children.

Q: Are there any parts of 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"' that you especially feel is a must-watch or highly recommended part? (It doesn't matter even if it's a scene you did not take part in)
A: While Agumon's constant positivity left an impression on me, Sora and Piyomon's story arc really pierced my heart most.
What does it take for people to open their hearts, to accept others, and to believe others?
It was a film that really made me feel once again how wonderful unfaltering love, despite the hardships, really is.

A: Although the relationship between the children and Digimon got reset, their bonds did not fade at all! They're going to keep on building stronger, hotter, greater bonds, as they take on the battles that await! Continue supporting them!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Next up we have Natsuki Hanae (Taichi) and Chika Sakamoto (Agumon.)

Natsuki Hanae
A: The atmosphere at the recording studio grows better with each part, and I thought that this time, we were able to let go of any reservations we had more than usual. Chika-san changed her hairdo as well, and I thought it looked great!

A: This part is a story focused on Sora and Piyomon after all, so naturally the scenes between them left the deepest impression on me. Piyomon loved Sora so much, but after the reboot....ehhh!? I thought it was a shocking turn of events, and it'd probably feel that way especially for long-time fans. There's also the scene where we get to hear Taichi and Yamato's feelings towards Sora, and it was so hard to hold my tears back during that heated scene.

A: I'm not sure if I've been saying the same thing each time, but this part does get even more heated and interesting than before. I have no way of expressing that in a short message like this, so do make your way down to the theaters and enjoy the show on the big screen!

Chika Sakamoto
A: I thought the meeting between the baby Digimon and the children was precious. Even within the studio, after all the years we've been through, we Digimon were wondering in anticipation if 'we're really going back to [the beginning]?'.

A: Sora and Piyomon are the stars this time round, and their exchange gets a bit complicated like how it goes between girls sometimes, which is something intriguing. There's also the part where Taichi and Yamato worry about Sora, only to be played by her [the word used is played/manipulated, but she appears to mean something more akin to Sora pushing them to act in a specific way.] How should I say, boys can be cute sometimes...
The children grow stronger and more resolute as well.

A: I'd be glad if this part could invoke memories of the same kind of anticipation and excitement you felt as you first saw the Digital World ❤

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And last up is a bonus one with Kaori Ishihara (Bakumon.)

Kaori Ishihara
A: I've liked Digimon for a long time, so I was feeling really nervous during the recording.
However, I was able to talk about Digimon with the rest of the cast, adding to the harmonious atmosphere, which made my experience that much more enjoyable.

A: Personally, I liked the scene where Taichi and Yamato, who don't quite understand Sora's feelings, try to talk to the depressed Sora.
They had a similar scene in the past as well, so it made me happy to see that they haven't really changed, even after becoming highschoolers.

A: This part makes you feel the sadness of loss, as well as the happiness arising from mutual compromise. And of course, some shocking revelations as well!!
Do check it out in the theaters.

Update- They did toss up some last minute ones, those will go up when possible..

Big thanks to garm for the translations.

The interviews with Mimori Suzuko and Atori Shigematsu can be found here.

The interviews with Yoshimasa Hosoya, Mayumi Yamaguchi, Mutsumi Tamura, Takahiro Sakurai, Miho Arakawam and Yukiko Morishita can be found here.

The interviews with Hitomi Yoshida, Kinoko Yamada, Junya Enoki, Miwa Matsumoto, M.A.O., & Yuka Tokumitsu can be found here.