tri. Part 4 Art Visual Collection Print, Along with Prior Releases Up for Order Again

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon Adventure tri. Art Visual Collection returns!

Image Thumbnail

After the release of the previous Art Visual Collection releases, Toei is updating the series with the theatrical poster for Digimon Adventure tri. part 4.

This is a large A3 size (11.7 x 16.5 inches) print of the poster done with a high end 8 color process.

It comes already in it's handmade wooden frame with backing board which increases the size to 15.5 x 20 inches.

Very expensive at 30,240 yen.

Pre-orders are open now and will close on March 20th for initial shipments in April. Pre-orders will reopen on March 21st for a second wave and close on April 20th and ship in May. This is as sales allow, as they will only be making 50.

In addition, on the reverse side, Atsuya Uki will sign each one and they will be individually numbered.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

In addition, the left over stock for the prior releases of the Art Visual Collection will go up for another round of orders, with identical details to the new part 4 print.

Toei Store links for the traincar, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

If you want to get any of these high end Digimon Adventure tri. prints, you'll need to contact an intermediary.

WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan
Japan Hero

You'll need to provide the intermediary a link to the print(s) you want if you decide to order one of these. I expect due to the extremely high cost, even the intermediaries who only expect a percentage down normally will want everything upfront.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably a dumb question, but what exactly about these posters is special enough to warrant such a huge price? They certainly look nice with the wooden frame and all, but I'm not sure it's enough to warrant an almost 300 USD investment for anyone.
Extremely high quality printing on abnormally high quality paper, added to a backing board with a handmade frame. It's effectively the highest quality version of the image you could possibly have, prepared for display.

To most of us it's just staring at a crazy price.

I tend to think of it in the context of 'what is the crazy stuff I like that there are both affordable and insane versions of.'

Like, I love the NES. Getting an NES can go anywhere from a $20 dollar clone console, to $70 or more for an original NES, to spending $200 for an AVS, to spending $450 for an NT Mini, and so forth (to say nothing of how high the price for some of the games have gone.)

If tri. really means something to someone, AND they like the posters, AND they have gobs of money...

I mean... if we all had a lot of money I'm sure there are tons of things we might get that without money now we look at and go 'what the hell?'