Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay, the new trailer for Digimon Adventure tri. part 3, along with a bunch more tri. 3 info.

It's over at FBR since Toei region locked it if the embed doesn't work.

It's a good looking trailer.

We get to see lots of stuff I think people are looking forward to...

Update- Translation courtesy of onkei.

TAICHI: “If we wait…”
TAICHI: “If we wait to do something ‘someday,’ we’ll end up grown adults before we even know it.”

DIGIMON ADVENTURE TRI, Chapter 3, “Confession”

PATAMON: “Hey, Takeru. I’m infected, right?”
SORA: “We and our Digimon partners are special. We’re always connected to each other. That’s what I believe.”
NISHIJIMA: “Why did you keep it a secret even from me?! Am I that unreliable to you?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s better off for some things to be kept secret.”
KOUSHIRO: “The infection could be spreading while we’re wasting time like this! This is no time to be caught up in trivial things!”
MIMI: “Trivial?! WHAT?!”
YAMATO: “Are we all going to change? Is it all just going to end up being nothing but a fond memory?”
TAKERU: “I don’t care about whose fault it is, or who’s to blame. I care about what we should do from here. And what we should do is…”
MEI: “Mei-chan! I’m right here! Here! Can you hear me?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s probably the Reboot.”
SORA: “Reboot?”
ATLURKABUTERIMON: “I won’t let you through! I will never let you through!”
JOU: “Friends up against each other… How is this possible?”
TENTOMON: “Koushiro-han… Goodbye!”
KOUSHIRO: “Tentomon!”

And we also have the cover. (Update- Replaced the cover with an identical resolution, but much cleaner copy.)

Image Thumbnail

And some information about the release.

As with prior tri. disks, DVD is 7,000 yen and Blu-ray is 8,000 yen.

A liner notes booklet will be included once again also.

On disk extras are listed as clean OP and ED for part 3, and a commercial collection for part 2.

First printing will include the slip-cover/digipak combo like part 1 and 2. It will also include an additional booklet. Printings after the first will not have the extra booklet, and will be in normal DVD and Blu-ray cases.

The Amazon Exclusive version will once again be the first printing plus a B2 sized cloth poster (about 20 x 27 inches.)

Pre-Order Links for tri. part 3 (Normal editions are CDJapan affiliate links, Amazon Editions are not.)

tri. Part 3 DVD
tri. Part 3 DVD Amazon Exclusive version
tri. Part 3 BD
tri. Part 3 BD Amazon Exclusive version

The Toei store has also announced (for those in Japan) that if you order from them, they will enter you in a lottery to win the tri. part 3 poster (B2 size) with the 9 actors who play the kids in tri.

Update- Product layout images are available. Tracked down high res for the Blu-ray. DVD is low-res and courtesy of our friend WTK.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

And back to the trailer for some of what we see for people who can't stream where they are, and for me to make some minor comments.

Hackmon appears to do... something, anything.

We get to see MetalGreymon do some battling (against... a pink/purple Birdramon? Infected maybe?)

Tentomon evolves.

Angewomon finally shows up!

Koushiro and Mimi have an argument.

The kids going to the digital world.

It appears 3 may be the part of tri. where everything kids into a higher gear.

And Mimi has short shorts.

To make things easy, let's pop all the different tri. 3 conversation from other threads here.
Some prior threads:
New tri. Part 3 Commercial
First tri. part 3 Preview Screenings on August 19th
tri. part 3 Story Summary Released

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And for the record, since I don't know if everyone sees the same thumbnail from a Dailymotion embed.

I did not choose that screencap before it plays.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something of note, Atlur Kabuterimon (or Herakle Kabuterimon, as it may be) at one point says「行かせへん」 "I absolutely won't allow (someone) to go" (note: 「へん」 is Kansai-ben, and a verb-negating suffix).

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was in the commercial before, wasn't it?

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was in the commercial before, wasn't it?
Not sure which one you're talking about, the only one I've seen apart from the one in the top post, is a 30-second preview, and he doesn't say that in it.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's me, or the infection is just a "2" in the binary code? lol, that would be hilarious.
We saw 2 in code in non-infected characters in part 1.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah something happens to Patamon. Yamato and Hikari are comforting Takeru in the two trailers. Meiko does not go with them to the Digital World it seems.

Angewomon is back.

I still maintain my theory that Patamon will not evolve to mega in this movie. Same with Gatomon in the 4th movie. They'll evolve probably together in movie 5 or 6.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah something happens to Patamon. Yamato and Hikari are comforting Takeru in the two trailers.
We already knew something happens to Patamon... in fact, it's the first thing we knew about part 3. They could literally be consoling him because Patamon is infected.

I still maintain my theory that Patamon will not evolve to mega in this movie.
Half the fandom has been saying this since the poster showed Patamon.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah something happens to Patamon. Yamato and Hikari are comforting Takeru in the two trailers.
We already knew something happens to Patamon... in fact, it's the first thing we knew about part 3. They could literally be consoling him because Patamon is infected.
Here's the thing though. I'm pretty sure this movie is going to end with them arriving in the Digital World. Angemon is in the sequence in the battle along with what looks like Angewomon and Herculeskabuterimon. Metalgreymon seems to be in another location fighting Birdramon?

So I think the comforting is after everything that has happened and it will bring us to the conclusion where they have to go to the Digital World.

I'm so excited for Tri to be back and what a perfect time to release the trailer. I love it.

H

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Himekawa mentioning "Reboot" adds another intrigue to Tri's still enigmatic plot.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Found a translation on my Tumblr. Link to Great Blaster.

TAICHI: “If we wait…”
TAICHI: “If we wait to do something ‘someday,’ we’ll end up grown adults before we even know it.”
DIGIMON ADVENTURE TRI, Chapter 3, “Confession”
PATAMON: “Hey, Takeru. I’m infected, right?”
SORA: “We and our Digimon partners are special. We’re always connected to each other. That’s what I believe.”
NISHIJIMA: “Why did you keep it a secret even from me?! Am I that unreliable to you?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s better off for some things to be kept secret.”
KOUSHIRO: “The infection could be spreading while we’re wasting time like this! This is no time to be caught up in trivial things!”
MIMI: “Trivial?! WHAT?!”
YAMATO: “Are we all going to change? Is it all just going to end up being nothing but a fond memory?”
TAKERU: “I don’t care about whose fault it is, or who’s to blame. I care about what we should do from here. And what we should do is…”
MEI: “Mei-chan! I’m right here! Here! Can you hear me?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s probably the Reboot.”
SORA: “Reboot?”
ATLURKABUTERIMON: “I won’t let you through! I will never let you through!”
JOU: “Friends up against each other… How is this possible?”
TENTOMON: “Koushiro-han… Goodbye!”
KOUSHIRO: “Tentomon!”

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Found a translation on my Tumblr. Link to Great Blaster.
Ha, you posted that almost to the second I was adding it to the main post. Went off to grab a drink before posting that I had made an update.

Onkei is always on the ball.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my... MetalGreymon? Angewomon? Digital World? This is going to be great. Finally, the things are starting to move.

But it's going to be full of emotion, isn't it?

Oh, and that's a nice thumbnail for the video...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my... MetalGreymon? Angewomon? Digital World? This is going to be great. Finally, the things are starting to move.

But it's going to be full of emotion, isn't it?

Oh, and that's a nice thumbnail for the video...

When I put the video on Dailymotion to embed it I had already written the short shorts joke.

I sighed when I saw the thumbnail, because that ruined the joke... Dailymotion chose it on it's own.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another promissing PV, it is great to see that we are apparently getting to see the plot moving forward into the digital world. Thanks for all the info, and of course the video upload.

Shikou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess the speculation of Patamon being infected are true then. Im most looking forward to seeing the Digital World in the new art style.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has anyone else noticed that MetalGreymon is fighting against Birdramon and Togemon which seem to be infected? I wonder if they are the ones we know or not.

Edit: Birdramon was mentioned in the OP. Togemon can also be seen around 01:12. That's interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.