Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought a slightly cleaned up thread might be good with the new info.

Image Thumbnail

Digimon Adventure tri. part 1 will be coming to the UK on Blu-ray and DVD on December 19th via Manga UK.

Update- Manga UK has responded to people asking about the audio setup of the disks that subtitles and the Japanese audio will be included. This is in addition to the English dub. Thanks to wildwing64.

The Blu-ray will cost £24.99 and the DVD will be £19.99.

The Blu-ray will be labeled as a Collector's Edition and will include a slip-cover, the insert/sleeve will be reversible, it will include a booklet, and it will also include art cards.

Further information will hopefully be showing up soon.

Also, the image above is the cover from the Japanese release, we don't know what the UK release will look like at the moment.

Amazon UK pages for Pre-Orders (not affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 BD
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD

Also, since a lot of UKers have waited a long time for proper releases, Seasons 1 and 2 are also up for pre-order for £39.99 each.

Season 1 will be released on October 3rd, Season 2 on November 14th.

Amazon UK pages for Pre-Orders (not affiliate links)
Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)

As Crazy_Tai points out, both Season sets list "Original Japanese opening" as special features.

Update- Early cover art for the UK sets are identical to the USA sets (minus various bits at the bottom left.)

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Prior UK tri. thread is here.

Prior UK Season 1/2 DVD thread is here.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Such good news for the UK is likewise good news for the Western World in general. Congrats to the UK Digimon fans.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just Pre-Ordered all 3 of them :) For the seasons Amazon has put Special Features: Original Japanese opening which is great :)

TokuJoe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pre-ordered me the Tri blu-ray. I'm just wondering if the season boxsets will be the same as the American Flatiron Film sets.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pre-ordered me the Tri blu-ray. I'm just wondering if the season boxsets will be the same as the American Flatiron Film sets.

They're listed as PAL with an extra the US sets don't have.

So the actual episodes may be the same masters, but they are new disks.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just Pre-Ordered all 3 of them :) For the seasons Amazon has put Special Features: Original Japanese opening which is great :)
I didn't see that there before. Good catch!

Anyway, I've preordered mine. Got the Adventure Season 1 set, and because I'm nuts I got both versions of Tri. I'll wait until payday Odaiba Day to preorder 02.

I've inquired about the original version of Tri on Manga's Facebook page, I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

EDIT: Japanese audio confirmed! So for once, we have options for original and dubbed.

Last edited:

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome :cool: Even more reason for me to get it

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've inquired about the original version of Tri on Manga's Facebook page, I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

EDIT: Japanese audio confirmed! So for once, we have options for original and dubbed.
The first official dual-audio Digimon anime release in the Western World. This truly is a momentous occasion.

Guess that also confirms that the tri. dub will be uncut with no time-altering visual edits made to the story portion of the animation (the OP and ED could still be altered, but that wouldn't affect the dialogue audio tracks).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news after confirming from Manga UK about the audio/subtitle situation.

Jessicat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know if the blu-ray is region locked? The DVD shows that it's PAL/Region 2, unsure about the BR though.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know if the blu-ray is region locked? The DVD shows that it's PAL/Region 2, unsure about the BR though.

They've officially announced very little thus far so we honestly don't know, and much of the solicitation info isn't available yet.

I suspect the BD is being made for every English speaking country and we will get some updates on that sooner rather than later. If so, no region lock.

If you wanna jump on it, I recommend just making sure you pre-order from a place that accepts cancellation, that way if the region ends up being locked, or we get our own BD announced, you can cancel without issues.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay here's something that's only come to me just now. If the UK is getting Tri in December on home release, what does that mean for the American one? Will it be handled the same way Tri was in Japan, as in 3 weeks or so in cinemas then released on BD/DVD about a month later, or will they treat it like any other film and keep it in theatres for a couple months then release it later?

TokuJoe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They're listed as PAL with an extra the US sets don't have.

So the actual episodes may be the same masters, but they are new disks.
One little extra is pretty cool, thought they would have just reprinted on to Region 2 disks.

Still tempted to import the US season 1 and 2 just so they match my Tamers and Frontier sets.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay here's something that's only come to me just now. If the UK is getting Tri in December on home release, what does that mean for the American one? Will it be handled the same way Tri was in Japan, as in 3 weeks or so in cinemas then released on BD/DVD about a month later, or will they treat it like any other film and keep it in theatres for a couple months then release it later?
For home video, we wait and see. Otakon is a few weeks ago, an announcement there would be logical.

Digimon is not getting a full theatrical run.

Eleven Arts and Toei can make it SOUND like they are, but you notice they are being very careful not to say the words 'wide release' or any other such thing. They mention 'traditional.' Fathom is not a traditional release, because it is effectively 'beamed' into the theater rather than the modern standard of being stored in theater on a drive.

This will be one showing, on one night. If it's a grand success, maybe a second showing.

Later they will do a 'traditional' release, likely in only a handful of theaters in an extremely limited fashion, just so they can say they had one.

Much of the fandom seems unfamiliar with Fathom (with a few people actively getting angry with me when I try and explain that this is not a full on theatrical release like most movies), I will do some sort of writeup when I do a new 'all in one' theatrical post tomorrow.

Very often Fathom releases act as de-facto advertising for a soon to be released disk, but not always.

Still tempted to import the US season 1 and 2 just so they match my Tamers and Frontier sets.
There may be other extras, we don't know. It's all they are listing for now.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
News post has been updated with preliminary coverart for seasons 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.