tri. Part 1 Ticket Contests, Writing and Art, Plus Pamphlet Scan, Update- Winners!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to Eleven Arts we have some Digimon Adventure tri. tickets to give away!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Due to the movie being nearly two weeks away, we are going to do this light and breezy and make it fun and easy for everyone.

There will be two contests, each with a ticket to Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 as the main prize. There may also be mini-posters made available to other people who entered.

Contest 1 will be- Draw whatever you want from Digimon Adventure tri. as long as it has to do with part 1. It could be a character posing, characters fighting, anything you want, as long as it features characters from tri. part 1.

Contest 2 will be- Write up what character/actor you are most looking forward to seeing or hearing in the dub of Digimon Adventure tri. part 1... and WHY you are looking forward to that character/actor. You can make it as short or as long as you want, but effort and/or details could count.

Both contests will be judged by me. You can post your entry in this thread, PM me using our internal PM system, tweet your entry to the WithTheWill Twitter account(be careful doing the writing contest on Twitter... gotta have a really short writing entry on Twitter), or email me your entry to godofchaos@gmail.com (put WtW Contest in the subject for email entries.)

I won't be judging on any particular detail, just do your best. If it catches my attention you might have an advantage, but I'll be pouring over each and every entry for both contests.

Due to the extreme time crunch the contest is open right now, and will close midnight (Pacific) on September 5th (next Monday.)

You don't have to send any personal information with your entry. If you win Eleven Arts will need your legal name, zip code, and email address to send you the ticket. If posters are given away your address may be needed to mail you the poster.

Your entry may be shared on WtW and social media sites by us or by Eleven Arts.

These contests are only open to people who live in the USA.

We have a thread with all the details on the upcoming theatrical release of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 right here.

Thanks to our friend Dev for scanning the pamphlet/postcard that we shared above and for Eleven Arts for approving us using a digitized version of it, despite the text mistake on it...

Update- Contest is over and I've gone through the entries for the winners.

We got more entries than I expected (giving away tickets so late with only a week to enter I honestly expected practically no entries.)

First up, the winner for the art contest.

I quite liked the art entries we got. We got both drawn, and even a couple CGI entries.

Image Thumbnail

I wafted on this one a lot, but Zekkaina doing a take on the Taichi/Agumon image with Meiko and Meicoomon just worked very well, especially with the version she sent in as her entry actually put the art in the poster version of that artwork.

And now for the writing contest...

For the writing contest I've read and re-read the entries. Most entries focused on Taichi or Mimi. Most of the reasons written were generally nice personal things, but one entry wrote an actual short essay...

The character that I’m most excited about seeing again in the dub of Digimon Adventure Tri: Reunion… is none other than the princess of sincerity, Mimi Tachikawa! Since being introduced to her in 1999, Mimi remains as my one of my favorite fictional characters ever created, and there is a lot of reasons why I have that opinion.

First of all, I found her damn hilarious. Nine year old laughed me at her reactions to the Digital World, and the way that the other kids at times seemed to be annoyed at her. But I also found her really realistic, and felt like that some of her reactions would be how I would act if I was separated from my family and sent to a crazy world full of monsters. Why some of the kids like Tai or Sora seemed to cope well with the life and death situations, Mimi was there to appropriately either have a freak out or want to rest some where, so she was pretty much my spirit animal even if I was not a fan of the color pink.

But then, something magical happened. Character development. Watching Mimi, my favorite character, grow throughout that season was amazing to watch. She started out spoiled, but eventually through her companionship with Palmon and her journey through the Digital World, she turned into a true sweetheart. She showed compassion even to former enemies like Ogremon, and tried to help them, which I loved because I believe in second chances and helping people whenever they need help.

She was also extremely outspoken, which I admired at that age because I was the shy kid in school who rarely talked to anyone. So while I was still shy after watching the show, she did teach me that it was okay to let loose and be honest because that’s the right thing to do! Also, she was not afraid to step up as a lead. At the end of the season, she led a whole army of Digimon into battle against Piedmon! Now that was a badass moment, and it came from Mimi Tachikawa!

Unfortuntely, season two came in and while she was a highlight for me when she appeared, she did not appear as much as I would have liked since she moved to New York. But thankfully, Digimon Adventure Tri now exists and she will be back to make a bigger mark on the Digimon franchise once again! I’m so excited to hear Philece Sampler bring her back to life again, and I’m counting down the days until I can see this movie, and more importantly Mimi Tachikawa back on an English screen once again!

Hopefully with all the reasons I stated here, you can understand why this random dude from Pennslyvania finds Mimi to be one of the best characters from animation! :-D

Steven won because of the level of detail he put in. It was nice to see such a detailed entry, even with quite a few shorter ones that had nice stories and bits in them, his simply stood out.

Thanks to everyone who entered for both contests, all of the entries for both were really nice to see.

I'll be posting other entries later either here or on twitter.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since it was brought up.

For the art contest you are welcome to just draw a portrait or a face. You don't have to draw full body action posts, etc.

You can draw anything as long as it's related to tri. part 1.

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can a person submit both a fanart and writing entry or do we have to choose one contest to enter?

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. :)

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When will the results be in?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Winners have been updated in the newspost and will be contacted shortly.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me just say, those were amazing, especially with only one week of effort to put them in.

and even a couple CGI entries
<_<
>_>
<_<
>_>

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I said in the update, I plan to post more entries later.

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail

... I wafted on this one a lot, but Zekkaina doing a take on the Taichi/Agumon image with Meiko and Meicoomon just worked very well, especially with the version she sent in as her entry actually put the art in the poster version of that artwork.

And now for the writing contest...
.Steven won because of the level of detail he put in. It was nice to see such a detailed entry, even with quite a few shorter ones that had nice stories and bits in them, his simply stood out.

Thanks to everyone who entered for both contests, all of the entries for both were really nice to see.

I'll be posting other entries later either here or on twitter.
Ahh! Thank you so much!!! I've entered art contests for various fandoms over the years, but never gotten selected. This is such an encouragement ^_^ -- really looking forward to seeing the film on the big screen! I don't recall Meiko and Meicoomon's reunion being shown onscreen and thinking about how much they probably missed each other, like Tai and Agumon, made me think of recreating that poster/teaser image. :)

Also, congrats Steven! Mimi is a great character and I'm so happy that they got her original VA to come back (and Mimi has such awesome moments in the Tri films so far).

Would be nice to see the other art entries. I'm sure they were neat.
Might as well post my two...
=O AmEv7Fam, that is amazing work!!! I'm totally floored. May I ask what type of software or program you use to make your art? I especially love how Meicoomon turned out --so adorable. Wonderful job!

I look forward to seeing everyone else's works. :)

Last edited:

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually just using Blender.

I kinda "cheated" by using the Linkz models that are available on this site (Thanks, Theingo!), but getting the bones found and positioned was tricky.

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh cool! I didn't know such an open source program existed! I was going to school for art but it was traditional-based (my one regret, I'd love to learn more digital stuff). Maybe if the learning curve's not too bad, I'll try out Blender. :)

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Take it a piece at a time. It does take a bit to get used to the interface, but practice, practice, practice.

I personally changed the select mouse button to be left click, which I sometimes wonder why it was the right button to begin with, but that's a discussion for another time.

Figuring out how to get to pose mode was a bit tricky at first, but once you know how, it's easy to get to it: select an object's bone.

Back on topic...

Still, the touches with what you did with Mei and Meimei was pure clever.

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the tips, AmEv7Fam!

LOL, I was hoping people would think it was clever. My other idea was to draw them in "Adventure" style, like how Meiko and Meicoomon might look in the first season of Digimon, but I couldn't think of anything and then I stumbled across someone else's fanart that pretty much did that, so I stayed with my first plan. I definitely want to redraw it later though ... you can kind of tell that I didn't have a lot of time to work on it. =)

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That art is awesome!! Congrats!!

Just want to say that I'm ecstatic to have won the writing contest! Eleven Arts was really quick in giving me my ticket, and the person who talked with me was friendly. Thanks for having this contest!

Since I am going for free now, I'm going to use the ticket I originally bought to try and get a friend to go with me now. I don't want to refund it because I want to support Digimon. :p Wish me luck!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just to point out, I do still plan to post more entries.

I just decided with all the news and movie hype this week, to wait until the weekend, so the entries could stand on their own without fighting against all the stuff happening.

And I'm glad the winners both got their tickets with no delay (this was my primary concern doing contests so close to the film coming out, to say nothing of the people who chose not to enter because they already had tickets.)

If tri. 2 is in theaters also, I hope we can do this again, but schedule it to give you guys more time on entries and to not have it end so close to the screening date.

Contests for part 2 should be all Mimi- Write about Mimi, draw Mimi, cosplay Mimi, SING Mimi!

Whether that is a joke or not... I don't know.