Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With a bunch of new information thought it was time for a new thread to have solid details down, and to list things a bit cleaner than in the prior thread, since a lot of the updates were done as things showed up.

Image Thumbnail

Digimon Adventure tri. is being distributed to theaters by Eleven Arts, a small distribution company.

On September 15th Fathom will have screenings of Digimon Adventure tri. part 1 in theaters. According to Fathom's website tickets will go up July 29th (Toei and Eleven Arts have been saying July 22nd), and the single screening at each theater will be at 7pm.

This will be a one night event in roughly 300 theaters.

In October there will be a 'normal' theatrical release, although how wide this will be hasn't been specified outside of mentions of 'major' cities.

In a new interview with Eleven Arts CEO certain bits are clarified.

As expect the Fathom screenings WILL have some sort of bonus content. He declined to say what they are yet, but suggests they will be telling us soon.

The dub is being done in the tone and style of the Japanese version.

There will be new music for the English release.

They are declining to say anything about the cast other than 'some' of the original cast will be returning (more on this later.)

They are in talks to see how/if they can do the other parts of tri. in theaters.

Thanks to various info we know certain cast members are returning.

The dub is being recorded at Studiopolis, the studio that has recorded all of the Digimon dubs since movie 4.

The dub director is currently unknown, his first or last name is 'Ryan', and he is also acting as the audio engineer (this may be Ryan Johnston, but we don't know.)

Jeff Nimoy has confirmed he is returning as Tentomon.
Laura Summer confirmed she was returning as Patamon, but this information was later removed. Summer had been replaced in movie 4's dub by Bridget Hoffman, who played Patamon in Frontier.
Joshua Seth has teased if he will/won't return as Tai, but as of roughly a week ago did confirm he was in talks. At least one potential fake cast list showed Joshua Seth as Tai, another showed Jason Spisak, who played Tai in movie 4.
Mona Marshall is back as Izzy, as confirmed by Jeff Nimoy.
Colleen O'Shaughnessy is back as Sora, as confirmed by Jeff Nimoy, and later Colleen herself in multiple Twitter posts.
Johnny Yong Bosch is playing TK according to Jeff Nimoy. There is some 'mild' question based on potentially fake cast lists if he may be playing Matt.
Doug Erholtz, who played TK in 02, is playing 'someone', we do not currently know who. One of the potentially fake cast lists shows him as playing TK.
Lara Jill Miller has made a post on Twitter that seem to suggest she isn't aware of anything happening.
Michael Reisz has done the same.
Todd Haberkorn has mentioned in an interview he just recorded for Digimon, which is certainly tri. We do not know who he is playing (two potentially fake cast lists say he is playing Joe.)

Based on comments made by the director to Jeff Nimoy, we should expect that 'most' of the kids are getting new actors, and most of the Digimon actors are returning.

One of the two potentially fake cast lists have floated out to IMDB. Some of these are right, but after speaking to a few people in private, some of them are for sure wrong. They are only listed above as related to those actors/characters listed above.

Toei at AX was showing off one of the part 1 PVs with a new song that appeared to have been themed after the old Digimon dub.

Much of Jeff Nimoy's original posts on the matter are gone after the cast was contacted and asked to not talk about it (apparently no NDAs were involved?) He has since made a new post on his anime tumblr suggesting the cast has gotten the go ahead to talk about it. Thus far only him and Colleen seem to be talking about it to any degree publicly (they may have gotten the go ahead since their roles are 'out of the bag' as it were.)

Updated will be posted as new information shows up.

Update- Eleven Arts updated their Facebook with some cast details.

Izzy … MONA MARSHALL
Tentomon … JEFF NIMOY
Kabuterimon … JEFF NIMOY
Meiko … CRISTINA VEE
Meicoomon … KATE HIGGINS

The new details here are Cristina Vee as Meiko and Kate Higgins as Meicoomon, great to get cast confirmation on 2 of the new characters so soon.

Christina Vee is new to Digimon and is probably best known as Rei/Mars in the Sailor Moon redub and Mio in K-on.

Kate Higgins was Miki in Digimon Data Squad, but is probably best known as Sakura in Naruto and many other roles that are to numerous to list.

Eleven Arts also mentions they plan to have weekly updates for Digimon on their Facebook.

This also seems to toss out both 'leaked' cast lists, and also appears to confirm that Meiko and Meicoomon will be keeping their Japanese names for the dub.

Thanks to multiple people for tossing this at us, but I believe the first was our friend Jessicat from boku.

Update- Eleven Arts has put up their page for Digimon Adventure tri. Part/Chapter 1.

They include a basic plot description that ends with some character quotes, and the cast members they've officially given so far.

A few small errors they need to fix.

But also, an utterly MASSIVE super clean version of the poster image of the kids and Digimon on the train car.

Not embedding it because it's a few megs in size, but I recommend you nab it for yourself.

Backed it up off site...

http://u.cubeupload.com/marcfbr/digimonadventuretrip.jpg

This is the cleanest and best version of this image we have seen I believe.

Thanks to AmEv for pointing out the page to us.

Also, at this point both Fathom and Eleven Arts appear to be on the same page with ticket info coming on July 29th.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe I caught everything for now...

No doubt more updates coming soon...

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe I caught everything for now...
Excellent work. This certainly makes it easier to spread word of all the latest (as of this typing) tri. dub news in the fullest and most concise manner. Kudos.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fingers crossed "CHANGE INTO POWER" plays during the Omegamon/Alphamon fight.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fingers crossed "CHANGE INTO POWER" plays during the Omegamon/Alphamon fight.
Haha, I was thinking more "I'm Going Digital".
Using "Let's Kick it Up" would be a great throwback to that song's use in the dub movie.

Aw, who're we kidding? They probably won't be using the Saban songs what with Saban not being involved in this dub.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the updates Marc, withthewill would be nothing with you and I agree the other thread was getting a little bit messy with all the news and all lol , so thanks a bunch for organizing it all into a new one.

I have a feeling the music will be on par with the Japanese version, since it's for theatres I'm expecting it to have a theatrical orchestraial score maybe be with a mix of digital instruments like synthesizers. The other dubs that Studiopolis produced had good music, and those were for TV. I wasn't a fan of the theme song remake, but glad they are keeping the tone and style of the original Japanese version, instead of choosing to make a cheesy tongue in cheek dub for the sake of nostalgia purposes.

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other than the vocal themes, they may just use the Japanese music.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other than the vocal themes, they may just use the Japanese music.
The context of the statement given in the linked interview in the news post certainly gives the 'feeling' that the intent is they are changing the whole soundtrack, even if it isn't said 'word for word'.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not mad about this I mean I'm happy they keeping dub more closer to Japanese dub as most anime now translate the Japanese dub script and only change few thing to fit mout flaps for English dub. Music change I think is more for casual who liked dlseason one two when they were younger and loved the music in it so having score similar to that is a good I think.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deep down...

I hope it's bought and re-versioned music from some other kids show.

It will continue the long tradition of Japanese and American Digimon music being reversions of composers' prior work.

OK, not really 'deep down'... but it would be amusing if that continued.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope they were able to get permission to use some of the the original movie's soundtrack. Is the Maverick Recording Company still around? Speaking of the movie soundtrack, though, how come 5 of the 17 tracks were hidden?

WiiU0706

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know it says they will be using all new english music, deep down i was just hoping Saban would be lenient in offering them to use some of their old songs like people on here listed before, it sucks those awesome song won't be able to reach a new generation.

I love how Colleen so ecstatic and passionate about being Sora again on her twitter.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope they were able to get permission to use some of the the original movie's soundtrack. Is the Maverick Recording Company still around? Speaking of the movie soundtrack, though, how come 5 of the 17 tracks were hidden?
Maverick did the CD release, they did not own the music.

It wasn't uncommon to have unlisted tracks on CDs at the time. Off the top of my head... I want to vaguely say I remember them being songs from the show that weren't in the film? So they may have thought of it as a 'bonus'. I may be misremembering that though.

deep down i was just hoping Saban would be lenient in offering them to use some of their old songs like people on here listed before, it sucks those awesome song won't be able to reach a new generation.

It feels like sometimes when people say 'Saban' they are thinking about 'Saban the man' rather than 'Saban the corporation'.

These types of decisions to license usage of music likely would never see his desk.

Not to mention Saban Capital Group no longer owns the Saban Music catalog.

It was bought around 2010 by Bug Music. A year or so later BMG bought them.

BMG currently lists the Digimon music catalog in their online catalog database in 49 different entries.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
just reminder if you caught the you tube episode of did you know anime Digimon Joshua Seth did the VO of that as tai and here the thing his voiced sound like tai back in the day.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deep down...

I hope it's bought and re-versioned music from some other kids show.

It will continue the long tradition of Japanese and American Digimon music being reversions of composers' prior work.

OK, not really 'deep down'... but it would be amusing if that continued.
That's news to me. I knew about most of the music from the Adventure and Zero Two dubs (and maybe Tamers's dub?) being recycled wholesale from Masked Rider and Spider-Man, but what were the scores of the other dubs from? And the original scores?

It wasn't uncommon to have unlisted tracks on CDs at the time. Off the top of my head... I want to vaguely say I remember them being songs from the show that weren't in the film? So they may have thought of it as a 'bonus'. I may be misremembering that though.
The five "bonus" tracks were all in the movie. "Digimon Theme" played during the first half of the Greymon vs. Parrotmon fight before Greymon got knocked unconscious and awoken by the whistle, "Change Into Power" played during the second-half of the end credits after "Kids In America" played in the first half, "Let's Kick It Up" very memorably played during the Omnimon vs. Diaboromon Copies battle, "Going Digital" played during the second half of the Greymon vs. Parrotmon battle after Greymon is awoken by the whistle, and "Strange" played during the Terriermon vs. Endigomon battle in New York.

Every song on the soundtrack (minus two non-Digimon songs) was played in the movie. The two that weren't were "Nowhere Near" by Summercamp and "Spill" by Showoff.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw, who're we kidding? They probably won't be using the Saban songs what with Saban not being involved in this dub.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It would be a great flourish if they could do new versions of the songs to mirror Wada Kouji / Ayumi Miyzaki / AiM's work for tri., but the rights and permissions issue is pretty outstanding.

Anyway, thanks again to Marc for consolidating a lot of the discussion from the last thread into a new OP.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maverick did the CD release, they did not own the music.

Shame the hidden tracks aren't on iTunes, at least not in my region, I can't speak for other stores. And unfortunately I feel the chances of them putting them up are slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.