Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have finalized details for the Digimon Adventure tri. card set and information for people who want to pre-order.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As previously known, this set is announced to cover Digimon Adventure tri. parts 1 thru 4, which makes some of the preview details interesting (and if we take them at their word, means that a few of the preview images might be spoilers or previews.) Will be mixing in details we already knew to make this post comprehensive.

First up, a preview of various cards...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There will be 60 cards total: 29 Digimon cards and 31 option cards. They specify that the Digimon cards will be 'Popular' Digimon.

20 cards will be holographic.

The popular vote cards are Leomon vs Ogremon and the Mysterious Man.

Last chance to possibly avoid spoilers for part 4...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They highlight how long time Digimon artist and designer Kenji Watanabe did the art for WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Meicrackmon.

They also preview the art for the other Ultimate level Digimon, who were drawn by an all-star line-up of previous Digimon artists to be announced later (and if we take them literally, we aren't currently aware of one of these showing up through part 4.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The set also comes with a nice binder to hold the cards (and the binder reiterates that we perhaps should expect more than one card set for tri.)

It also mentions that there are enough cards in the tri. set to make 2 decks, so you can play with a friend.

It expects this will be a good set for both card game players and collectors.

Image Thumbnail

Pre-orders have just now opened up at the Premium Bandai store. The full set costs 6,480 yen.

Pre-orders will close on January 23 at 11pm (Japan time.) Orders are currently scheduled to ship in March.

Here is a few more preview images from the Premium Bandai store.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Image Thumbnail

Update- Some alternate images from the Carddass site which has updated with the various details.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get this card set sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan
Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded throughout the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full store front and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Previous discussion of the Digimon Adventure tri. card set can be found in these threads.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holydramon and Meicrackmon look cool. I can't wait to see Holydramon in action. I do wonder if she would actually appear in movie 4. The advertisements say so. But then what would happen in movie 6 and 5...?

I do wonder that for Meicrackmon as well. Will she truly be in movie four?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holydramon, huh. And in part 4, maybe? Very interesting. There's also a number of interesting things about the cards themselves. The partner Digimon are given their own group (Partner), and can support each other. Agumon has the "Hungry" keyword, of course. Of the Option cards whose names are in katakana, I see "Innocent Smile" (the Patamon card) and "Dancing Time!!" (Mimi and Meiko). Hopefully we'll get the rest translated soon. One other thing I notice is that all of the non-Child Digimon have appearance requirements rather than actual evolution requirements. That's neat and all (Leomon apparently requires Maicoomon to get into play), but it would be nice to see some normal evolution as well.

I do wonder that for Meicrackmon as well. Will she truly be in movie four?
Well, it's movies 1-4, and she already showed up in "Confession."

Azoth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suppose this will put an end to question of what mega Tailmon was going to get.

I was ok with either one between Holydramon and Ophanimon, but I'm little let down since I was expecting to see who toei was going to use in 5th poster and not been revealed this way.

Well one mystery less in Tri.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Tailmon will go for Ofanimon since she got Holy ring back... Oh well.

Is that MeiCrackmon? She looks so buffed.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I was trying to figure out what it was saying about Meicoomon on the "Sudden Mutation" card. (I can see the "Meicoomon" symbols at the end of the text in the bottom-right of the picture, but my phone sees the rest as garbage, and I don't know enough to actually read it by eye.)

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
War Greymon looks amazing, his support power adds 550 to Metal Garurumon. Likely Metal Garurumon will do the same for him. Love Kenji Watanabe's artwork. New Alphamon and Omegamon cards too, can't wait for this set.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait I just realized, Alphamon card is BLUE framed instead of red.

And I now noticed there are mini kitty minions around MeiCrackmon. What's up with all mini monsters lately? BelleStarrmon, BantyoMamemon, BantyoStingmon, BantyoGolemon, and now this buffed MeiCrackmon.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My friend, an Alphamon fan just pointed this out to me. The (Red Frame) cards really did seem to be a product of the Chronicle era and likely won't be used in the future. A non-X Antibody variant. I figured it wouldn't evolve from the experimental prototype "DORU-series" Digimon either as the older cards did.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Option cards are from left to right:
Yagami Taichi (obviously)
Omoide wa Ude no Naka (Memories held in my Arms)
Innocent Smile
Dancing Tiiiime!
Totsuzen no Hen'i (Sudden Mutation)
Kyuukyoku no Gekitotsu (Clash of Ultimates / Ultimate Clash)

Oh, and the two selected cards:
Nazo no Otoko (Mysterious Man)
Omae ga Koutekishu!! (You are a Worthy Opponent!!)

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw man the Kenji Watanabe art looks so good. I love that we got to see the lineart too. I would have never thought he was a collector of ball jointed dolls either, lol.

Anyone else notice that Meicrackmon has flying furball creatures?

My friend, an Alphamon fan just pointed this out to me. The (Red Frame) cards really did seem to be a product of the Chronicle era and likely won't be used in the future. A non-X Antibody variant. I figured it wouldn't evolve from the experimental prototype "DORU-series" Digimon either as the older cards did.

It probably just doesn't make sense to have Alphamon as an X Antibody Digimon in the Digimon Adventure universe, or the card set.

gok

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so Holydramon will appears along with other Ultimate Digimons in part 4 is confirmed or just a theory? (sorry about my English ^^)

Scorpiomilo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
really happy that we are getting magnadramon as gotamons mega maybe that mean hurricane touchdown is cannon ??? lol

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so Holydramon will appears along with other Ultimate Digimons in part 4 is confirmed or just a theory? (sorry about my English ^^)

It's confirmed when we see Holydramon in tri.

This could always be a tease, even if they say it's only through part 4, a few cards could be teasers.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

These cards are supposed to cover up from Part 1 to Part 4, so this could be a hint that Holydramon could appears in Part 4.

However, this is not confirmed. There are other reasons why Holydramon could appear on the cards (maybe they wanted to show the 8 mega evolutions).

gok

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's confirmed when we see Holydramon in tri.

This could always be a tease, even if they say it's only through part 4, a few cards could be teasers.

These cards are supposed to cover up from Part 1 to Part 4, so this could be a hint that Holydramon could appears in Part 4.

However, this is not confirmed. There are other reasons why Holydramon could appear on the cards (maybe they wanted to show the 8 mega evolutions).
oh, I'm okay if she appears in part 4 or later parts
but because Seraphimon appears in part 4 is unexpected so... who knows ^^
I'm just kinda hope that the Ultimate like Rosemon, Vikemon, HarakleKabuterimon could appear more often than just the final battle
p/s: sorry if my comment is off-topic

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Totsuzen no Hen'i (Sudden Mutation) could confirm then that this form is indeed a corrupted version of Meikuumon instead of any kind of traditionally evolved form? If this is true, then I would expect that she has another "natural" evolution line a part from Meikuumon -> Meikuumon (Mutated) -> Meicrackmon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that solves that one. A small surprise but hey, whatever they want. It works. Fun to see new cards.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, the Chosen's Digimon seem to belong to a new group previously not seen before called "Partner" バートナー and Taichi's Agumon has the ability "Hungry. That fits him perfectly. I also noticed neither Alphamon or Omegamon belong to the group "Royal Knights". This like the blue frame border is a first for Alphamon.

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone wont evolve into Ophanimon ;P

War Greymon artwork is amazing and the new cards looks a bit out of place are screenshots from anime soo looks weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.