Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon Adventure website has updated it's look for tri. part 4.

Image Thumbnail

We also get our best look yet at the tri. part 4 poster art.

Really great looking art, each time we get a cleaner version of it just looks better.

In addition, we also have 3 screenshots from tri. part 4.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

And finally, we have a short synopsis for part 4.

Update- Thanks to shin we have an actual translation!

Meicoomon’s rampage and the reboot which followed--

Leaving behind Meiko, anguishing, Taichi and the others set off for the Digital World.
There they reunited with their partner Digimon who lost their memories of everything up until now.

And yet their bonds must begin anew and the Chosen Children hold out a hand to their affected Digimon.

Nevertheless, even though Piyomon is the only one to evolve to their Child level, she reveals how wary she still is…
“It’s like I said before, I don’t know about this past you’re speaking of!!”
As someone whom she once held in high regard and sympathized with before, now a stranger, Piyomon instead harbors suspicion for Sora’s gestures of kindness.

Finding her feelings hurt, Taichi and Yamato can’t find the words to help Sora.
What will they do in the Digital World going forward?--

Before they can discuss this with each other, Meicoomon appears...and then disappears. Somehow, it has retained it’s old memories as it wanders in tears while searching for Meiko--
Seeing the creature, the children’s decision to travel to the Digital World in order to save Meicoomon becomes clearer. But then, the figure of a man once subdued by the Dark Masters appears before them.

Around the same time in the Real World, Nishijima receives notice that Himekawa has disappeared.
Investigating, he gets to the bottom of Himekawa’s actions up until now and finds out about a certain goal that was hidden from him.
A connection to a past incident which decided the fate of two people...

And now, the adventure evolves once more--

Update- Here is another translation/interpretation of the text from our good friend onkei.

Meikuumon goes berserk, and the Reboot occurs. Leaving behind a devastated Meiko, Taichi and the gang head to the Digital World.
Although they reunite with their Digimon partners, their Digimon's memories have been completely wiped out. Nevertheless, the children attempt to reconnect their bonds with them again, and the Digimon answer receptively.
However, even after evolving to Child level, Piyomon is the only one to still show wariness...
"I told you, I don't know anything about this past that you're talking about!"
Sora's kindness and sympathy towards others over her own feelings cause Piyomon to feel distrust for her instead.
While a hurt Sora is left standing in shock, Taichi and Yamato are unable to find the right words for her.
As the group discussed what must be done for the Digital World from here on, Meikuumon suddenly appears before them and disappears. For reasons unknown, she still has her memories and is wandering in search of Meiko with tears in her eyes--
Seeing that, the children reaffirm that they must travel the Digital World to save Meikuumon. However, "that" man who followed the Dark Masters appears before them.
Meanwhile, in the real world, Nishikawa receives a report that Himekawa has gone missing.
As he investigates, he discovers that there is a hidden agenda behind all of Himekawa's actions up to now.
It was linked to a past event that determined the two's fate...

Edit- Here is the cleaned up machine translation I had put up earlier. Leaving it here for context and for my own amusement since it has actually been stolen and passed around as a proper translation.

I'm just posting a machine translation that I've cleaned up a little bit until our translators get back to me (expect my version to be more than a bit wrong.)

Meicoomon's run away, and a reboot happened.
Left anguished Taichi and his friends headed for the digital world.

Reunited with their partner Digimon who have lost all their memories thus far.
Nevertheless, the Digimon respond to the children as they begin to build bonds again.
However, Piyomon reveals waryness even if it evolves during the growing season ...

"I said I do not know those old things!"

It was rather distrusting to the kindness of Sora to consider other people before herself.
Taichi and Yamato can not find the words to help Sora.

What should we do in the digital world -
Suddenly Meicoomon appeared and disappeared before all the people who were talking. Somehow with the original memories, look for the buddies and wander with tears wandering.
Looking at the figure, the children settle their determination to travel the digital world to save Meicoomon. But before that, that man who followed the Dark Masters appeared.

At that time Nishijima of the real world had been informed that Himekawa had disappeared.
Investigating, he finds out that a certain purpose was hidden behind Himekawa's past actions.
It led to past events that determined the destiny of their two...
Now adventure will evolve again.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man I can't wait to get a proper translation. There's some good stuff in there, like mention of the Dark Masters.

I never thought Piyomon could look so angry.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy shit thanks for the translation

I have more questions now than I had before I read this blurb

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see that old trolley car again. Ah, memories....

"Man who followed the Dark Masters"? That Dark Gennai? Also I guess with the mention of Ma no Yama no Shitennou Dark Masters, seems it may not be a totally different Mugendramon whom they'll encounter after all.

Last edited:

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the update!
This part is a little strange
man who followed the Dark Masters appeared
Also..
Investigating, he finds out that a certain purpose was hidden behind Himekawa's past actions.
It led to past events that determined the destiny of their two...

Can' wait to find out more about her

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome. I was wondering when we'd get to see the synopsis. Nice to see that Daigo might be getting a bigger role than he's had thus far.

Let the speculation begin!

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh well, I guess this will be another long-pull story after all since there's still very minimal explanations about what the hell is going on

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a proper translation from shin.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, it's much clearer now.

Ironic, back then during Adventure, Sora was quite hesitant or wary of a "mushy" Piyomon not long after the two first met. Now seems the shoe is in the other foot, or rather, Digital Bird feet. And lo, it is painful for the poor Bearer of Love.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Taichi, still being choked lol. Anyway, I really hope the Digimon get their memories back. I don't want the relationships built so far just forgotten.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are some interesting things here but I wonder if someone will take some time to explain how the reboot ended up actually working. I'm not surprised about Piyomon being suspicious, I guess anyone would be but what I find actually intriguing is simply: If Pyocomon can evolve despite still being suspicious how much more extreme must the mind set of the other Digimon be if they don't manage to evolve?
I was hoping for at least some tiny reference to Bakumon but I guess like Mugendramon it'll only appear in the second half (my biggest hope regarding him would still be that the reboot screwed with some of the partner digimon's evolutions and it's actually Tokomon failing to evolve to Patamon or something. It just being some new character who randomly cures their memories wouldn't feel satisfying.)
And their still not actually namedropping Gennai... so that's still suspicious. And just like in last summary's word choice "Hikari's voice" (where it turned out to actually not Hikari talking but rather the homeostasis through Hikari), I think the decision to talk about the figure of that character introduces further ambiguity since while only the character can be himself, his "figure" could be used or shared by other characters.
And it's backstory time for Maki... looking forward to that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not surprised about Piyomon being suspicious, I guess anyone would be but what I find actually intriguing is simply: If Pyocomon can evolve despite still being suspicious how much more extreme must the mind set of the other Digimon be if they don't manage to evolve?

I think you are forgetting how minimal the bonds were the first time everyone evolved to Child form. Plot wise it seems to be important that Piyomon is having this reaction, not necessarily a statement on how the others are.

She could be suspicious of Sora, but still attempt to defend her when 'something' happens, causing her evolution. And if no one else is around at the time, the other Digimon could easily just not be involved in what caused it.

Without context it's hard to say for sure. Especially since they've used the lack of context and word games to give us info, without telling us much, since tri. began.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's interesting how Loss will be a role swap. Instead of Sora being the one trying to help everyone, Taichi and Yamato have to take it upon themselves to figure out how to help one of their own.

Someone being annoyed/irritated at Sora's willingness to be helpful was something I hoped for. Seeing as how I had to deal with with that myself. I had a feeling the same would be for Sora. Having to realize not everyone wants your help.

I'm going to be upset if we are just going to see more upset Meiko. I had hoped there would be some form of action taken on her part. But it seems that won't be the case and she'll be out of the picture for this movie. ._.

It seems this movie will finally reveal if my silly little thought will ring true! Are Daigo and/or Maki Chosen?! We may soon find out!

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally we get a story summary :D
The story sounds interesting but there is again no sign about the 02 kids 😑

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"A connection to a past incident which decided the fate of two people"
Wait, wouldn't that add to a total of four, like in the four original chosen whose partners became Azulongmon, Ebonwumon, Zhuqiaomon and Baihumon according to the novels?
Don't tell me that crackpot theory on reddit will actually come true.
PS: Anyone else reminded of the situation with the Biyomon from Savers with the memory losing and trying to become friends again?

Last edited:

gok

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Piyomon is the only one to evolve to their Child level? Hmm, I thought we'd see more actions from other Digimons too, but, this movie is about Sora and Piyomon so... nevermind :p
And I kinda feel bad for Meicoomon, poor her. Hope she'll reunite with Meiko soon :(

Rorimor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone know when the english dub of the first Tri movie comes out on DVD/Bluray?

C-MC

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally we get a story summary :D
The story sounds interesting but there is again no sign about the 02 kids 
yeah it's pretty stupid that they're ignoring it but you know that you should take story summaries with a grain of salt that they don't show everything they plan to in this movie just a small piece... just like when they revealed that the Kaiser is
Evil Gennai in disguise
so I wouldn't worry much about that

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I swear to fucking god if I was right with the "Dark Masters coming back" speculation I did before Reunion even came out I am going to fucking explode holy fuck

I can't believe I might've actually called this happening. I can't believe I might've actually been right all this time. Holy fuck, h o w

I mean yes there's still a good chance I might be wrong but holy hell are we dangerously close to me being right

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After that preview text, Part 4 cannot come fast enough for me...just think we are half way there! I am actually looking forward to how Nishijima reacts to Himekawa's crap lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.