Trading Rules

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to get this up before it becomes a problem.

Because devices such as Action Replay allow people to get any pokemon in any random encounter, this creates a large influx of "non-legit" captures.

Therefore, if you plan on listing rare pokemon, please be explicit on their status.

Ie. If you have a Mew that by chance was captured on Route 203, which is not normally possible without hacking, please mention it.

If you happen to have legit captures of rares (caught in the correct locations at the correct levels), you may want to mention that too.

Definatly mention if it's an event pokemon (Ie, Pokemon with OTs such as MYSTRY [Mew], WISHMKR [Jirachi] or 10 ANIV [Journey Across America Pokemon]).

Since GTS cloning creates an identical pokemon, you do not need to list if it's cloned or not (and to be quite frank, it's assumed that you're smart enough to be trading your cloned pokemon rather than one offing it).

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a tip for people who are openning pokemon trading stores, no DP pokemon is considered "rare" except the one off Legendaries. Everything else can be bred, and you shouldn't expect anything except an equally hard to obtain pokemon, this list roughly is made up of pokemon like Riolu/Lucario, Spiritomb, Combee (Female), all DP starters, etc.

You can, in general put up a female whatever (see above list) and get any Sinnoh dex pokemon back for it in under 24 hours on GTS. The simple matter is, that once someone gets it, breeding it isn't hard, and thus you can just flood the place with them, making them not rare. And a lot of people are breeding these types of pokemon on GTS. Plus it's possible to complete the Sinnoh dex just through battling all the in game trainners, and the E4, so if you've beat the game as it were, you can GTS for these pokemon.

While the same is generally true for pokemon that are not available in DP, or are ultra rare/pokeradar type pokemon, you can only GTS for pokemon you've seen, so it makes it somewhat harder to get National Dex stuff, and thus make them somewhat more valuable.

I'm not going to limit what you ask for (hey, it's a free world). It's merely a suggestion so that your topic doesn't get completely ignored by everyone for having what comes down as looking like completely unreasonable trade situations.

Starters for starters is generally a good suggestion, starters for breedable rares, breedable rares for starters, breedable rares for breedable rares, these types of trades are ussually things people will go for.

Legendaries for legendaries. Lets face it, no one will trade anything that can be bred for a legendary pokemon. If you want a legendary, be ready to fork over another legendary. Alternativly, I have seen people on other trading forums go for the following types of deals, whether people on WTW go for them remains to be seen. These include:
Legendaries for Shines
Legendaries for Event Pokemon

Some people are also willing to trade legendaries and hard to get pokemon for pokemon that have good IVs and/or have been EV trained. This will generally happen that the person who wants the IV/EV trainned pokemon(s) make the topic offering Legendaries rather than the other way around though.

And the last thing is, breeding good and usefull egg moves onto pokemon will generally make them more desirable than the competition.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Effective now, you can get Legit Nintendo Giveaway Darkrai. I'm going to assume that at least some people who got one know how to clone, so I expect the number of legit releases to start increasing substancially.

You may consider official giveaway Darkrai to be extremely rare and valuable at this time.

Arceus and Shaymin remain unavailable.

No in game events have been activated yet, therefore the only way to get in game versions of these pokemon are to A) Cheat, or B) Obtain a first run JP DP cart and exploit the E4 glitch. These are (much easier) to obtain and not nearly as valuable, especially with all the hacking going on.

Anubimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=jpwong link=topic=3586.msg59058#msg59058 date=1184554404]
Effective now, you can get Legit Nintendo Giveaway Darkrai. I'm going to assume that at least some people who got one know how to clone, so I expect the number of legit releases to start increasing substancially.

You may consider official giveaway Darkrai to be extremely rare and valuable at this time.
[/quote]
Is movie Darkrai actually GTS-able now? Last I heard it wasn't, and if it can't be GTS'd then it can't be cloned...

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Anubimon link=topic=3586.msg59113#msg59113 date=1184598876]
[quote author=jpwong link=topic=3586.msg59058#msg59058 date=1184554404]

[/quote]
Is movie Darkrai actually GTS-able now? Last I heard it wasn't, and if it can't be GTS'd then it can't be cloned...
[/quote]

Well, dunno, I had heard you could put those things up on GTS, it's just that no one can search for them. I've also heard that the US and Japanese GTS servers are different and just comunicate with each other and that Nintendo can tweak the individual servers to lift GTS bans in one area, but not another.

But then, I don't have a japanese game to try with, and I don't have any restricted pokemon to use, I can't really check it.