MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster7tortamon_august13_2021.jpg
booster7mametyramon_august13_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 7 New Adventure. This time it's Tortamon and Mametyramon.

Tortamon features him doing his special attack, Shell Phalanx. Mametyramon shows off the tiny tyrant, while also showing off a few other Tyranomon-type variations behind him.

Previous Previews of Booster 7:

Booster 7 Next Adventure will be out on August 27th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards!

We've also gotten early details for Booster Set 7 New Adventure!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 16,810

Pleasehearmyopinion

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These two might actually be my favourite card arts in the entire game. They're Dynamic and action packed and I love the shading and the general art style. Makes me want to build a deck around them just because they look so cool.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Mametyramon-card, with Extyrannomon and MetalTyrannomon hiding in the canopy is amazing.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish some of the more out there related species with weird names would be included for keyword effects.

Like, it'd be nice for Mametyramon to have text that says "This Digimon can be treated as having both the names [Tyranomon] and [Mamemon]." given that it's literally a hybrid of those two types so cards like Taiga should still support it.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how the other dinos are hiding from the notoriously territorial MameTyramon. Not even MetalTyrannomon wants to spend its energy on fighting it

MameTyramon
[When Attacking] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. You may digivolve this Digimon into 1 green Lv. 6 Digimon card among them without paying its memory cost. Place the remaining cards at the bottom of your deck in any order.

Tortomon
Inherit: [When Attacking] You may reveal 1 green Digimon card from your hand and place it at the top of your deck to give this Digimon +3000 DP for the turn.

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An odd pair of Digimon to reveal together, but then again their effects are clearly meant to synergise with each other.

I do agree with the notion that it is sad that Mametyramon doesn't count as support for the Tyranomon line. :(

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol ExTy and MetalTy looks afraid of MameTy xD
Gotta make sure Tortomon washes its hands after battle haha

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the combo potential of a torto putting nidhogg on top of the deck as a fully stacked mametyra is attacking

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Ex-Tyranomon and even MetalTyranomon are afraid of MameTyramon? I'm surprised MetalTyranomon can climb well...
Poor MetalTyranomon, he got some nasty claw marks on his skin.

robiu013

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excellent artwork on that Mametyramon.

Guess the inclusion of it and it's effect imply the existence of a green DinoRexmon card.

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Mametyramon is essentially a cheaper Jagamon. That art is both funny and amazing

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny art. I notice MameTyramon’s X-Antibody isn’t listed. I wonder whether this is Bandai being forgetful or implies that whether a natural carrier has the antibody or not is conditional. I suppose it could also be for mechanical reasons (they want effects to target only certain X Digimon). Speaking of which, have we even had any effects that reference the X-Antibody? I thought there was just like one card at the moment that even has it.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny art. I notice MameTyramon’s X-Antibody isn’t listed. I wonder whether this is Bandai being forgetful or implies that whether a natural carrier has the antibody or not is conditional. I suppose it could also be for mechanical reasons (they want effects to target only certain X Digimon). Speaking of which, have we even had any effects that reference the X-Antibody? I thought there was just like one card at the moment that even has it.
This wouldn't be the first time, ClavisAngemon also lacks the "X-Antibody" trait as of yet. Only the Dorumon line and Omegamon X have the trait at the moment.

As for effects that target X-Antibody specifically. Currently only the Dorumon line and the Tamer Kota Doumoto are among those we have at the moment.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This wouldn't be the first time, ClavisAngemon also lacks the "X-Antibody" trait as of yet. Only the Dorumon line and Omegamon X have the trait at the moment.

As for effects that target X-Antibody specifically. Currently only the Dorumon line and the Tamer Kota Doumoto are among those we have at the moment.
I bet the only carriers they remember are Dorumon and Ryudamon (and possibly not even the latter) since the starter decks launched Dracumon without it

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is extremely likely that outside of Digimon that are explicitly X digimon and things like Dorumon who have a heavy basis in the X digimon lore, they won't give anything the "X Antibody" trait. Mametyramon was introduced as a carrier, but it's not in its profile and hasn't really been referenced since then.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I Imagine It'll be something like ReArise where different Mametyramon/ClavisAngemon cards could have it or not, just depends on the run
They could also, for instance, print new Mugendramon/Piedmon/Pinochimon/MetalSeadramon cards with "Dark Masters" listed, but havent so far

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cards of the same Digimon can have different traits. Just the fact that there are multiple colors for the same Digimon is one example of that.

The old TCG also had a fair amount of inconsistencies. The older Omegamon cards in the TCG weren't labelled as a Royal Knight (Granted, the group didn't exist back then). Also, some Digimon received random attributes that didn't align with any previous media.

Though on the subject of the categorical traits like Attributes and Types, the newer Card Game is more consistent since they seem to just stick with what's recorded in the DRB (which is weird, since the DRB does in fact have an "X-Antibody" tag, and it's properly applied on natural carriers, even the newest Gaioumon mode).

Edit: Just double-checked, the DRB does not classify ClavisAngemon as an "X-Antibody", but it does classify MameTyramon as one. MetalPiranimon, GigaSeadramon, GrandisKuwagamon, UltimateBrachimon, etc. are all classified as X-Antibodies too. Only ClavisAngemon isn't one. I'm not sure if it's a mistake or they officially don't consider it a natural carrier.

Edit 2: Dracumon's line aren't tagged as X-Antibodies either. The Funbeemon line are still X-Antibodies though (of course, Dorumon lines and Ryudamon line are too).

Edit 3: I think I figured out the criteria they're using. Only the natural carriers that debuted on the Pendulum X V-Pets (where the entire roster were explicitly X-Antibody-carriers) are tagged as proper carriers.

Dracumon's line debuted in the Accel V-Pet, which had a mix of both regular and X-Antibody Digimon, but I don't think the concept of natural carriers was introduced back then yet. Scratch that, Accel came after Pendulum X. But I don't think the line was meant to be natural carriers anyways, since there were no other natural carriers that debuted in the Accel.
Meanwhile, ClavisAngemon debuted in World X video game.

There is an exception to this criteria though. MedievalDukemon seems to be the only one that debuted in the Pendulum X, but isn't tagged as a carrier in the DRB.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cards of the same Digimon can have different traits. Just the fact that there are multiple colors for the same Digimon is one example of that.

The old TCG also had a fair amount of inconsistencies. The older Omegamon cards in the TCG weren't labelled as a Royal Knight (Granted, the group didn't exist back then). Also, some Digimon received random attributes that didn't align with any previous media.

Though on the subject of the categorical traits like Attributes and Types, the newer Card Game is more consistent since they seem to just stick with what's recorded in the DRB (which is weird, since the DRB does in fact have an "X-Antibody" tag, and it's properly applied on natural carriers, even the newest Gaioumon mode).

Edit: Just double-checked, the DRB does not classify ClavisAngemon as an "X-Antibody", but it does classify MameTyramon as one. MetalPiranimon, GigaSeadramon, GrandisKuwagamon, UltimateBrachimon, etc. are all classified as X-Antibodies too. Only ClavisAngemon isn't one. I'm not sure if it's a mistake or they officially don't consider it a natural carrier.

Edit 2: Dracumon's line aren't tagged as X-Antibodies either. The Funbeemon line are still X-Antibodies though (of course, Dorumon lines and Ryudamon line are too).

Edit 3: I think I figured out the criteria they're using. Only the natural carriers that debuted on the Pendulum X V-Pets (where the entire roster were explicitly X-Antibody-carriers) are tagged as proper carriers.
Dracumon's line debuted in the Accel V-Pet, which had a mix of both regular and X-Antibody Digimon, but I don't think the concept of natural carriers was introduced back then yet. Meanwhile, ClavisAngemon debuted in World X video game.
There is an exception to this criteria though. MedievalDukemon seems to be the only one that debuted in the Pendulum X, but isn't tagged as a carrier in the DRB.
Seems like it could be genuine oversight.

The Accel actually came out after the X Pendulum saga, though so as long as you include Doru/Ryuda/Funbee as carriers, Dracumon should count, too. So probably just a mistake given that they came out after the original X saga but before X Digital Monster.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Dracumon's line debuted in the Accel V-Pet, which had a mix of both regular and X-Antibody Digimon, but I don't think the concept of natural carriers was introduced back then yet. Meanwhile, ClavisAngemon debuted in World X video game.
Seems like it could be genuine oversight.

The Accel actually came out after the X Pendulum saga, though so as long as you include Doru/Ryuda/Funbee as carriers, Dracumon should count, too. So probably just a mistake given that they came out after the original X saga but before X Digital Monster.
Yeah, I realized that myself and addressed that in an edit. I think that given the Accel's complete lack of any other natural carriers, Dracumon's line wasn't intended to be natural carriers in the first place (despite their apparent relation to Death-X-Evolution).