MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a small update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Toei USA page for Digimon has been updated to show Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna as being 94 minutes.

It has a tag showing it's still in production, as that time is likely a goal/estimate and the final release might be slightly different (as many of the things listed are), but it does give us a rough estimate beyond guessing.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21, 2020 in Japan, with a release in the US in Spring 2020 announced.

Thanks to a few different people for sending this in.

Update- One of the people who sent it in sent another message mentioning they got it from Wikimon.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That length makes sense, let's hope it has much less filler than some of the Tri films since it's just the one film.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will this go up to Crunchyroll on the day it comes out like the Adenture tri. movies did?

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they will jump straight into the action o,o?

Plus I hope digivolution scenes don't take a chunk of the time again... lol

digicro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it is shorter then third (101 min.) and sixth (97 min.) tri. movies.In a way this is like seventh tri. movie.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Eh. OK. That seems about long enough. Let's just hope they get everything done in the movie then.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always hope for longer but I guess the 90 minute mark seems relatively standard for Japanese animated films?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am glad the movie is 90 minutes long. I am going to watch it.

Another thing I see on the site that is posted is that they have place X-Evolution on the list, under specials. I wonder if they are going to bring it to the west finally.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always hope for longer but I guess the 90 minute mark seems relatively standard for Japanese animated films?
I think it's pretty standard for animated movies in general. You don't see many that are two hours or longer.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
K-ON. But that's different. Also a lot of Toku movies are around then. Though often times there's two movies put together.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for a three-hour epic.
It was never going to be that long. Most anime films are around the 90-100 minute mark - even a major release like Your Name was 106 minutes. There's no reason to assume Kizuna would have been any different.
I was joking. I knew it wasn't going to be that long. Would be nice though.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
since this movie is directed and written by people who knew and love digimon I'm optimistic that it would go well and the fact that before tri most digimon movies were around 20-50 minutes and were able to cover all the basics of a movie. Also I'm guessing one of the reasons that Last Evolution will be this long is to fill in all the holes left by tri

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
since this movie is directed and written by people who knew and love digimon I'm optimistic that it would go well and the fact that before tri most digimon movies were around 20-50 minutes and were able to cover all the basics of a movie. Also I'm guessing one of the reasons that Last Evolution will be this long is to fill in all the holes left by tri
I really doubt Last Evolution will complement the events in Tri. The story of Tri is enough self-contained. Tri has a kind of open ending with Dark Gennai, but that aspect can be ignored as Dagomon in 02.

The reason why Last Evolution will be this long is because this is the standard for a film. The digimon movies before Tri were shorter because they were not conventional films.

PS: In itself, Tri films weren't conventional films either, but these were a different kind from previous digimon movies.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I were to play devil's advocate here... couldn't we have said the same thing about tri?