Toei Profile Artwork for new Kizuna Digimon

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Gabumon because he apparently turns into a motorcycle. When are we gonna get to see that???
What he turns Into a motorcycle? Is he trying to be another version of the behemoth ?(beelzemons bike)

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if these guys will appear in Adventure 2020

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I imagine we’d get art for a motorcycle mode if/when we get the Bond forms in a V-pet that comes with an art book or something. Or just in the movie itself lol.

one thing I forgot to comment on is Agumon’s tail. For one, since people don’t get the belt, it’s essentially a strap or harness for the tail-spear. Since Agumon can detach the tail and use it as a spear, Agumon kinda needs to reattach it afterwards lol.

The belt “buckle” looks the way it does probably because they wanted it to stand out. I imagine it originally was a sun or the Courage symbol or something but they probably dropped it after seeing how much extra detail that would take to draw in such a small area. Making the belt any bigger would throw off the balance of the design too, imo, but maybe there’s a different reason for why they didn’t consider that. The prominent red gem does fit pretty well with the rest of the design, there’s even one on Agumon’s chest after all.

When I first saw the commercial for the movie, I mistook the tail as a direct Grey Sword reference, which is clearly untrue after all the art we’ve gotten since then. A spear is a little unique given the sword-heavy lean of the Greymon-species, but the general idea of a bladed weapon makes sense so I still appreciate the tail for what it is. It’d be cool if it can also be used as like a whip sword.

I doubt we’ll see these forms in the 2020 series, but I hope to see it in the Digimon Card Game eventually. Or maybe everyone will get their own Bond forms in the series, who knows? Personally I expect everyone to get to Ultimate (Mega) at least, so maybe it’s possible we’ll see something beyond that too. We still have a month to go.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd prefer not. The point is these two are achieved by a longtime bond, so they appearing in the reboot would feel odd.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup. Bond titles requires extreme trust, strong faith and unbreakable bonds who stays true to their crests.

Obviously this reboot season end when the final episode reveals where the chosen children will be forced to leave their partners to return home at their same age, the bond between them are merely starting. Not enough faith but understandings and trust grew along with it. That is only youth beginning. (Unless if the ending is different that is so new...)

While Bond titles must be maintained strongly though all hard times or to be reminded of their youth memories to regain their faiths towards partners. But still it's just my impression and theory for "Bond" title evolution.

If this reboot season will introduce those Bonds again, which it means... ANOTHER NEW MOVIE if this gets ton of views SO MUCH!

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt it. Adventure 2020 is brand new canon. This is a summation of the bond of these two lifetime companions. Wouldn't make sense in Adventure 2020.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if they wanted these two to just be the new regular megas for the remake, then that's what they'd do. There would be no reason for them to be restricted by the lore of the original series for the remake.