Toei Holding Kizuna Watch Party Livestream with Guests, Commentary, & Prizes on October 3rd

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Toei has announced what we presume is the 'surprise' around the release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna that they had teased awhile back.

A watch party livestream of the movie!

It will be on Saturday October 3rd at 5pm Pacific, a few days after the digital release of the film in the US.

The event will be hosted by Justin Rojas. Rojas moderated the panel before the TCL Theater screening of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 and I believe was in charge of the after party at the same premiere screening.

Also at the event will be:
Robbie Daymond- Daymond is Joe in Kizuna, reprising the role from tri., along with also taking over the role of Armadillomon.
Erika Harlacher- Harlacher plays Menoa in Kizuna.

The livestream will consist of:
A pre-movie discussion.
The host and cast members commenting on the film while watching it.
A post-movie discussion.
Throughout the livestream there will be prize giveaways.

It 'appears' they plan to have the movie in a small window during the stream, as it's mentioned that those who have purchased the film digitally can watch the movie 'full size' while the stream is happening.

The livestream will be on Digimon Official Facebook and Toei US Youtube.

The US Blu-ray and DVD release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is currently scheduled for October 6th and is up for pre-order at Amazon: (affiliate link)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

The movie can also still be ordered from Japan. CDJapan links are affiliate links:
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray Deluxe Version (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD (CDJapan)

Attachments

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a really cool way to air the movie, though I assume some would prefer to watch the movie without live commentary.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I get the chance to watch it beforehand, I'll definitely tune in! I wouldn't want this to be my first experience with the movie, but it does sound like a fun thing to do.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This really doesn't interest me that much. Robbie Daymond never really impressed me as Jou, so I would have rather had Joshua Seth and Harlacher doing this.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Small and with commentary? ...Darn. But at least I found this out before taking the time out to watch. ...Maybe later then. Oh well.