Toei Europe shows Adventure: as 66 Episodes, and Survive for January

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some interesting information in Toei Europe's show catalog.

They are currently listing Digimon Adventure: as being 66 episodes.

If there were no modifications to the lineup due to coronavirus (or it simply being renewed at some point and the Toei Europe catalog just showing the initial order), that means we have new Digimon Adventure: episodes to look forward to through September of next year (of course, random weeks off might extend that a bit.)

In addition, in the other portion of the catalog page showing licensing related things, we 'may' have an update for Survive.

They list Survive as being planned for January 2021.

Of course, we don't know how current that information is, but it does tell us that at some point staff at Toei was told 2021, so we will see.

Digimon Survive can currently still be pre-ordered at Amazon.com on Xbox One and PS4, although the Switch version has currently vanished.: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Great news about Adventure: having a long run, and we will see what shakes out with Survive.

Thanks to a number of people for sending this in.

Attachments

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If true then that's very good news. Lots of Adventure episodes to flesh out the cast and story, whilst Survive not cancelled which I'll gladly take a January release in that case.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that's a lot of episodes. If true, seems like they have a lot of confidence in the series overall; hopefully the animation quality stays up to par.

And Survive in January would be cool... although at that point I might wait a bit anyway just for guides and such to be fleshed out. Hopefully the Switch port is still in the cards... or maybe PS5/XSX upgrades?

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the Adventure news is true, that's amazing. As for Survive, I'll wait for further confirmation than this. At least we know 2021 was discussed.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They list J One as a partner, who only started simulcasting in July, so that information has to be somewhat recent. From June maybe? Still doesn’t mean it’s all that much more accurate but it does bode well imo.

Survive is a little more iffy to me, since this is from Toei and not Bandai.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
66 almost seems like a weird number but it is more then we might have thought. So that's good anyway. And hey, maybe Survive will come out. heh

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hot dawg! That's a lot of episodes 😁

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
66 episodes...I wonder if they are doing similar things with Xros Wars i.e. divide into different "seasons"...

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
January 2021 isn't too bad since I expected around December anyway if it were 2020 still. But I'm expecting something like December 2020 Japan, January 2021 worldwide. That's what Hacker's Memory did in 2017/8.

An 66 is a random number, and is actually quite a lot, but that should be plenty of time for them to flesh out the entire cast and get all 8 of them to Mega without any rushing.

now to wonder for a long time whether Toei EU are right on these lol

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the Adventure news is true, that's amazing. As for Survive, I'll wait for further confirmation than this. At least we know 2021 was discussed.
It was probably always going to 2021. I've always believed that the 2020 date was just from Japan.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was probably always going to 2021. I've always believed that the 2020 date was just from Japan.
Bandai US and EU showed 2020 in trailers and it was a Bandai US employee who said the game would still come out in 2020 back in April

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai US and EU showed 2020 in trailers and it was a Bandai US employee who said the game would still come out in 2020 back in April
It is not, and has never been, a company reps job to tell you what is actually happening, as much as that may be annoying to us.

It is their job to say the company position, if and when they are asked to clarify a detail.

Until Bandai 'announces' a delay (if it is delayed), the company position is the game is scheduled for 2020.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is not, and has never been, a company reps job to tell you what is actually happening, as much as that may be annoying to us.

It is their job to say the company position, if and when they are asked to clarify a detail.

Until Bandai 'announces' a delay (if it is delayed), the company position is the game is scheduled for 2020.
That's what I'm saying. Bandai US and EU said it's coming 2020. The guy said he didn't think the us/eu branches would get 2021, so I said no they confirmed 2020 most recently in April. I didn't say the confirmed 2021

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
66 episodes is exciting, if accurate. I'm unsure of the Survive date. I never really expected it to be released until 2021, even when they said 2020. But January 2021 could very much be a placeholder. 2020 would be nice, but I'm okay with however long they need.

Digimon Evolution Z

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like that but I hope they show Holy War & ClavisAngemon not just for few second.

Peppermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we are going to see they exploring new evolution gimmicks, new jogress and new digichosen.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
January is a better date because Q4 has stuff like FIFA, COD, Pokemon. Basically all big hitters. Q1 is when CS, HM, and DWNO came out so consistency in release dates and avoids drowing in a sea of bigger games.

Peppermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, even that Adventure is not a hard toy driven show, it is still wanting to sell toys. So, for new toys over 60 episodes, they gotta show lot of new things in comparison to the previously version.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully no later then jan and ofcourse the earlier the better but I would love to play survive on my brand new ps5 when it does come out later this year :)