Titan of Dust Preview (& New Dim Card Case 1st Look) from MonMon Memo

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vulturemon is one of those designs that looks neat the first second you see it but then with every following second it just falls further and further apart.
You can see a neat concept shining through that was kind of weirdly compromised more and more until everything ended up as a design that cares about appealing to edgy 13 year olds and not much else.
I think the same. A new digimon is always a big welcome but this design is, just, different.

Edit: I start to love it.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well look at that, Vulturemon already got some fans in the internet already. Anti-Garudamon Yeah pretty much.

Vulture birds doesn't kill but wait for the predators to finish their meats then dig in.
Having Repear traits added to it made it extremely irony.

I think Vulture birds are misunderstood just like hyenas but I can understand its attribute is Virus.

I hope Vulturemon is silent assassin sniper who actually have huge patience to snipe unlike the most Virus types itching to fight or cause chaos and wreck. If that is my personal viewpoint/headcanon...

Still, having cactus pad is really very concerning. It can expose your snipe hiding spot...

I just get confused why some people argue about Vulturemon's sniper rifle being mess when there is clearly MagnaKidmon, Mummymon and even Gundramon? lol Every time a new digimon comes with gun weaponry, there will be surely some arguments to put in the details eh?

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vulturemon is rad af

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vulture birds doesn't kill but wait for the predators to finish their meats then dig in.
Having Repear traits added to it made it extremely irony.
You have it backwards. The grim reaper is not the cause of death. The reaper is death itself. You don't die because you see the reaper. You see the reaper because you're dying.

The point isn't that vultures are the cause of death itself, but that they're an omen that accompanies death. If you see vultures circling in the sky, there's likely a corpse or a dying-creature at that location. It's the same logic as how crows and ravens are associated with death.

Still, having cactus pad is really very concerning. It can expose your snipe hiding spot...
Hence why it's a desert sniper, because actual cactuses exist.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The babies... I don't dislike their design per se, but it's their existence that gets me off. With PenZ I thought they were finally going back to what made Digimon shine and be different from any other monster franchise: the potential. Sunarizamon is a good example of this: you can see quite clearly it could evolve in Golemon, but also in Tortamon and so on.
I also liked how there were few babies, very different from each other (even in the same line), that could evolve in many ways. Look at Poyomon > Tokomon > Patamon > Bakemon. It makes sense because Patamon resembles Tokomon, but Bakemon resembles Poyomon. It's like a dormant trait re-emerged in evolution.
Creating so many babies very specific for certain Digimon just consolidates single evo lines, making Digimon a Pokémon rip-off with too many redundant stages.

To me, Gotsumon was really ok evolving from Mochimon; it's a hardening process: Bubbmon (a slime) gets a little more solid in Mochimon (but still quite elastic) and then gets even more solid (as a rock!) as Gotsumon.
To be fair, it's more that Pabumon and Motimon don't fit with ToD's desert setting.

It's also worth remembering that the classic Infant stages were tied to two child stages each in the original Digital Monster v-pet (Botamon > Koromon > Agumon/Betamon, Punimon > Tsunomon > Gabumon/Elecmon, Poyomon > Tokomon > Patamon/Kunemon, Yuramon > Tanemon > Biyomon/Palmon and Zurumon > Pagumon > Gazimon/Gizamon) which these two are in line with as they tie into not just Gotsumon but more importantly SunaLizamon AKA the child stage they're actually being marketed for.

Last edited:

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those people who thinks that the green shoulder ruins the camo theme:
He is a large distance killer, hiding in the sand of desert, imagine that you can see his green shoulder no matter the long distance, you will probably think its just a cactus, and, in any case, if you distrust and decide to attack that distant cactus, it doesnt matter, because its a shield, and, you were probably already dead, remember that the guy is waiting for you, i dont think that you would notice that green thing at the distance before he was aiming you.
So, im sorry, but the "green shoulder pad is ruining the camo motif" argument have 0 logic.

My problem with vulturemon is that i want a new ultimate in titan of dust now, i cant imagine one only good already existent digimon that fit the desert theme and would work with him. He is probably going to evolve into pharaohmon and other ultimate level, yes, but i would love to have a new one. Always wanted to have a hyena digimon, a reaper vulture evolving into a reaper hyena, it could work pretty well.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those people who thinks that the green shoulder ruins the camo theme:
He is a large distance killer, hiding in the sand of desert, imagine that you can see his green shoulder no matter the long distance, you will probably think its just a cactus, and, in any case, if you distrust and decide to attack that distant cactus, it doesnt matter, because its a shield, and, you were probably already dead, remember that the guy is waiting for you, i dont think that you would notice that green thing at the distance before he was aiming you.
So, im sorry, but the "green shoulder pad is ruining the camo motif" argument have 0 logic.

My problem with vulturemon is that i want a new ultimate in titan of dust now, i cant imagine one only good already existent digimon that fit the desert theme and would work with him. He is probably going to evolve into pharaohmon and other ultimate level, yes, but i would love to have a new one. Always wanted to have a hyena digimon, a reaper vulture evolving into a reaper hyena, it could work pretty well.
Hmm, I never thought of a hyena digimon, but now that you mention it, I can't it being anything other than an Adult level like other canid Digimon such as Garurumon and Fangmon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, pretty sure it'll mostly be a Gotsumon thing going forward. It shares the Ore type with Gotsumon and Meteormon. the only other Digimon to have that that type is Gogmamon.

so Goro(Akechi)mon, Gotsumon, Meteormon, and Gogmamon are the only Ore type Digimon. Seems outright "we made this guy for Gotsumon" to me. Debuts with Sunalizarmon sure, but Baluchimon debuted with Guilmon.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baboongamon might not be guaranteed, as he's not the missing Virus-attribute in the row of champion-level digimon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, pretty sure it'll mostly be a Gotsumon thing going forward. It shares the Ore type with Gotsumon and Meteormon. the only other Digimon to have that that type is Gogmamon.

so Goro(Akechi)mon, Gotsumon, Meteormon, and Gogmamon are the only Ore type Digimon. Seems outright "we made this guy for Gotsumon" to me. Debuts with Sunalizarmon sure, but Baluchimon debuted with Guilmon.
The thing is that even the Infant Digimon created specifically for certain Child Digimon get used for more the ones they were made for.

Hell, AquaKai's complaint can arguably be applied to Nyokimon and Yokomon since these two were created specifically to replace Yuramon and Tanemon as Biyomon's Infant stages.

And Baluchimon was more Virus Busters being mishandled since Tapirmon could've and arguably should've been the Vaccine Child stage instead of Agumon 2006.

Guilmon I can somewhat forgive on the grounds of there not being many Virus attribute Digimon in Virus Busters and Shoutmon was presumably to tie into the XW Level update since the VB report was a month after the aforementioned update but there was no reason to include Agumon 2006's line specifically Tapirmon not only would've made more sense but was arguably more deserving.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would wager the cactus patch is just there to imply can evolve from the cactus in the pet.

If it was just a little more feminine or less of a cyborg it would be perfect for that fusion that Mimi/Palmon and Sora/Piyomon wanted for Birdramon and Togemon.

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would wager the cactus patch is just there to imply can evolve from the cactus in the pet.

If it was just a little more feminine or less of a cyborg it would be perfect for that fusion that Mimi/Palmon and Sora/Piyomon wanted for Birdramon and Togemon.
Garudamon has a pretty masculine design and is treated as female 90% of the time so it still could works as their fusion anyway

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus Sylphs, Harpies, and Valkyries are meant to be female, yet are the evolution of Yolei's male Hawkmon

Also that one time World Data Squad had a male Lilithmon

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vulturemon even seems like it'd be a subspecies of Garudamon.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The thing is that even the Infant Digimon created specifically for certain Child Digimon get used for more the ones they were made for.

Hell, AquaKai's complaint can arguably be applied to Nyokimon and Yokomon since these two were created specifically to replace Yuramon and Tanemon as Biyomon's Infant stages.

And Baluchimon was more Virus Busters being mishandled since Tapirmon could've and arguably should've been the Vaccine Child stage instead of Agumon 2006.

Guilmon I can somewhat forgive on the grounds of there not being many Virus attribute Digimon in Virus Busters and Shoutmon was presumably to tie into the XW Level update since the VB report was a month after the aforementioned update but there was no reason to include Agumon 2006's line specifically Tapirmon not only would've made more sense but was arguably more deserving.

Plus Sylphs, Harpies, and Valkyries are meant to be female, yet are the evolution of the male Hawkmon

Wait, male Lilithmon? I don't remember that. I played that game all the way through and wasn't Lilithmon made from a young girl who felt neglected by her parents? And then was available as an evolution for that same girl's partner Renamon? Was that Renamon a dude? It has been over a decade since I played it though....

But in general, the debate over "male" or "female" digimon is kind of pointless. Since they don't sexually reproduce (except in Xros wars) they don't have genitals, so they don't have biological sex. Usually I use the terms "masculine" for Digimon like Angemon and "feminine" for Digimon like Angewomon. But then you have Digimon like LordKnightmon, who are effeminate and identify as male, yet there's that one that merged with a female human in CS/HM. Then there's the U.S. censoring him into actually being female in both that and Frontier. Back to CS/HM Alphamon too, despite being consistently depicted as both masculine and male presenting, is disguised as a human woman and her car.

Agreed about Bakumon. I mean, I know it's supposed to be the "heroes" field, but they really didn't have to turn it into "Dragon's roar"
As you said, they should have put Bakumon as the vaccine Child, maybe put Tylinmon as a bridge between Baluchimon and Goddramon. And the entire Guilmon line was just unnecessary since it was in the Pen 20th as the main focus of the VB 20th line.

Last edited:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vulturemon appears to be a reference to Aquilamon's profile where Aquilamon is called the "Great Eagle of the Desert" similar to Vulturemon's "Reaper of Dust" and it's mentioned that "Although there are many Bird-species Digimon with brutal personalities, Aquilamon respects decorum, and unconditionally abides by the orders given by the master it has pledged allegiance to" which is a complete 180º from Vulturemon's personality who only cares about himself.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It occurs to me that we're almost certainly not getting Sand Yanmamon in the desert device, because it'd also be added to the Reference Book.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Plus Sylphs, Harpies, and Valkyries are meant to be female, yet are the evolution of the male Hawkmon

Wait, male Lilithmon? I don't remember that. I played that game all the way through and wasn't Lilithmon made from a young girl who felt neglected by her parents? And then was available as an evolution for that same girl's partner Renamon? Was that Renamon a dude? It has been over a decade since I played it though....

But in general, the debate over "male" or "female" digimon is kind of pointless. Since they don't sexually reproduce (except in Xros wars) they don't have genitals, so they don't have biological sex. Usually I use the terms "masculine" for Digimon like Angemon and "feminine" for Digimon like Angewomon. But then you have Digimon like LordKnightmon, who are effeminate and identify as male, yet there's that one that merged with a female human in CS/HM. Then there's the U.S. censoring him into actually being female in both that and Frontier. Back to CS/HM Alphamon too, despite being consistently depicted as both masculine and male presenting, is disguised as a human woman and her car.

yes, the renamon had a male VA in japan

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

yes, the renamon had a male VA in japan
Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I played the english one and, iirc, they gave him a female VA, probably to reference the Tamers dub.
That ads another layer of complexity since we now also have a male voiced Sakuyamon.