Things That You don't Like in Xros Wars

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just like another season, there're people who love it and there're also people who hates it.

Based on this new Xros Wars season, what thing that you don't like in Xros Wars?

Mine:
Looks like almost all Digimon are "mecha". I don't like "mecha" anyway. This season looks will be too "robotic".

What about your opinion?

garfield15

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Things That You Won't Like in Xros Wars

Wouldn't this thread make more sense after episode 1 has aired?

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=garfield15 link=topic=14437.msg183672#msg183672 date=1275656998]
Wouldn't this thread make more sense after episode 1 has aired?
[/quote]

Theories as to why a person may not like it are just fine. Just because i'm not a fan of Mecha, doesn't mean i won't like the season. Still going to give it a chance.

Soluble Toast

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- It's may be too mecha. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it if almost every creature in the show has a mecha aspect.
- Natural evolution may be gone once again. I liked Frontier, but I missed the lack of Baby> Child> Adult> perfect> Ultimate in that series. I'll miss it again if it's absent in Xros Wars. Sure the series needs spiced up a bit, but I think removing the natural evolution elements isn't needed.

- The show is going to be heavily music themed.

Obviously, I'll give the show a chance. These are just aspects that are worrying me currently.

Absolute Zero

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon name wasn't creative or unoriginal. I mean c'mon Greymon, MetalGreymon, MailBirdramon, DarkKnigtmon and lastly Cutemon?

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, 02 gave us creative names like Hawkmon and Wormmon. :p The names don't bother me too much in that regard, but I am irked at using the same name over for a Digimon that looks quite different. I didn't like when they did it with Falcomon in savers, and I'm not super happy with Greymon and Starmon here. (But I'll get over it.)The mecha-ish angle of things is looking like a potential issue for me, but I want to see where things go before I really start freaking out.

Hightonview Terrace

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

As I've already stated In another thread I don't like the heavily robotic appearance of the Digimon and the unoriginal names but I'll still give it a chance because it's DIGIMON! I mean any show is better than no show at all and who knows the aspects we're worried about could be really good and play out really, really well! I'm being very optimistic here but you never know!

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's it. With almost all of the mecha stuff, it's even doesn't look like Digimon!
But still, I will give a chance for the show.
Hope any "natural" Digimon will appear.

Absolute Zero

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yep, most of people first impression on Xros Wars is "is this Digimon? it's too mecha-ish and look at the megazord!". That was happened to me too and since i don't like mecha at all, but i hope this series can be my 3 top tier Digimon series in my list (if that what happened, then maybe i'll become the oddest Digimon fans! liking all the new one that most people hate, i mean my first & second favorite is Savers and Frontier, i hope Xros Wars would be the third on my list).

nj_999r

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

hey ive not been around the forums much as a registered user but i have browsed as a guest so hi there all, umm ive noticed its a lot like Mega Zords from power rangers which is a let down for me, im still going to give it a chance but why cant it stay traditional not this new triple dna digivolving stuff.

Kitsumon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I actually like Mecha (just a fan of Gundam) but part of me is a littel skepticle on how its all going to work out in this season. But one thing that I've noticed is how this season is such a revamp on digimon, a ton of new digimon, new digivolution styles, new themes, etc... I feel that maybe they are trying to reach out to those who have heard of Digimon before, then see this and go, "Woah, this is new!" Its pretty much an outreach to those who are new. But I just hope they don't hurt us veterans of digimon.

I actually welcome the music theme, unless its crappy.
Not a big fan of giving old names to new digimon.

But over all, I cant wait till it comes out to give a better opinion

Grimulfr

Phweet!
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't think I agree with everyone's assertion that these Digimon are overly "mecha." Except for Ballistamon, who is a robot and serves as a power suit for Shoutmon (Shoutmon x2), everyone else seems to be pretty typical Digimon fare. They're a bunch of organics and cyborgs and knights and whatevers. Sure they combine, but that's not a new idea, just a new name. If there's kids riding inside the DigiXrossed digimon (also not new), then that'll be a little Megazordy, but that doesn't look to be the case so far.

The main thing I don't like about it is the recycled names, but if its a total Digimon reboot as it appears, then it isn't that big of a deal.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I have to agree with everyone who's irked by the re-use of names in the series. I mean, there are TONS of options out there, so why recycle the names? Name recognition, maybe? Reboot, maybe? Either way, I'm going to eventually be okay with it, but just like the Falcomon incident, I'm not too excited about the names.

Still, that'll change when the series starts, most likely.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

As far as the mecha inspirations go, I'm all for it.

But one thing I fear may come about from this series are the cliches. Particularly with Kiriha's description of wanting to conquer the Digital World. This sounds kinda cliche and unoriginal.

I'm hoping for some good three-dimensional characters and plots instead of the common one-dimensional ones that we sometimes get. In the case of Kiriha, I don't want a human who's evil just for the sake of being the 'evil human'. I wanna know why he's like this and why he's going for world domination.

If it's left unexplained, or if he doesn't go through some changes to see the error of his way, I won't be happy.

RKCrystalSoul

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

the mecha idea seems like a maybe for me. It sounds kinda good for DNA digivolve but the mecha idea its been done alot

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Talking about Jogressing (DNA Digivolving), if MetalGreymon is really a DigiXros from Greymon and MailBirdramon (only 2 Digimon), why they didn't Jogress it instead?

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't see anything I dislike so far.

Each season has their own theme, I guess people just aren't apt to change.

Kitsumon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=14437.msg183827#msg183827 date=1275811667]
I don't see anything I dislike so far.

Each season has their own theme, I guess people just aren't apt to change.
[/quote]

Don't say that "Ch" word here!!! :p

Haha, yeah I guess it is a little nerve racking to see change considerably when you don't know how its going to work out

Jimmy_Heero

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Can we talk about the new digivice in this thread too?