Theory about 2020’s direction for the kids

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My current suspicion is this:

The writers don’t want to retell the same stories about each kid: Koushiro’s adoption, Sora’s slight gender dysphoria, Taichi’s hero complex etc.

But they’re established characters so they don’t want to tell conflicting stories about the kids either, anything that would conflict with the 01 characterizations.

Their solution is to not tell any stories about the kid’s family lives or personal histories and just make the series a long action sequence that could potentially almost be “missing episodes” from 01 with just enough new exposition to not confuse total newcomers.

The only exceptions to this so far has been the Yamato/Takeru divorce story, which is kinda unavoidable and Joe’s backstory which is largely thus far a joke/running gag instead of a character arc.

I really don’t want to be right about this, but I’m afraid that I am.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they are taking a new different approach for this Adventure reboot. The original one had bit less adventure more character developments and their relationships as well as raising issues like divorce. This one I'm finding a bit like V-Tamers with adventures and lots of different digimon with a big bad boss to find and fight over time.

Personally I'm fine with this new approach and one thing I would really like to see improvement from original series is the world-building since we never got much clarity with original Adventure regarding Homeostasis/Yggdrasil/dark ocean etc

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they are taking a new different approach for this Adventure reboot. The original one had bit less adventure more character developments and their relationships as well as raising issues like divorce. This one I'm finding a bit like V-Tamers with adventures and lots of different digimon with a big bad boss to find and fight over time.

Personally I'm fine with this new approach and one thing I would really like to see improvement from original series is the world-building since we never got much clarity with original Adventure regarding Homeostasis/Yggdrasil/dark ocean etc
The thing about V tamer is that even though Taichi didn’t develop much, Zeromaru did, he went from a big dumb doglike idiot into a true hero. In this series, nobody is really changing.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The thing about V tamer is that even though Taichi didn’t develop much, Zeromaru did, he went from a big dumb doglike idiot into a true hero. In this series, nobody is really changing.
Don't forget there are 66 episodes for this series and we aren't even at half point yet. It could be similar to Appmon where the first half literally nothing happened and second half changed pretty much everything...

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Admittedly we got a lot less interpersonal/intrapersonal drama here compared to the original so far. But, I'm guessing they're keeping it for their Ultimate level exposition, so yes it might come in the second half part.