Theories for Tri

sarkTPK35

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the theory about yggdrasil being infected, sounds pretty spot on if you take into account the long lines of henchmen digimon. ex. the dark masters were created by apocilimon, myotismon was used by the dark masters, and so on....
there could be some one behind yggdrasil, or he could be the ultimate evil in this world.?

i guess yggdrasil was just waiting for the perfect moment to strike, planning over the years to get the digidestined in the perfect spot to get rid of them, or he just wanted to use them for his sceem. remember, throughout the tri series, dark genni kept on saying that the plan was going smoothly.

Last edited:

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For ygdrassil to be the ultimate evil it would have planned to infect meicoomon but seems originally it was trying to get it under control. Also how does it fit into other threats in the series.

I think next movie will reveal the true threat.

frankiemon827

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it is also likely that Yggdrasil was taken over like when Barbamon took over in one of the mangas. I'm hoping the true evil is millenniummon

sarkTPK35

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thats a big statement, how exactly would mileniummon be in the universe. kimeramon was destroyed by magnamon in adventure 02, and he was the only kimeramon. its unlikly mileniummon would make a showing also because there is already a super strong enemy digimon, ordinmon.

Last edited:

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thats a big statement, how exactly would mileniummon be in the universe
it could be zeedmilenniumon his reference book profile states that "when millenniumon died in a furious battle, the dark soul it possessed was reborn as zeedmillenniumon" we saw millenniumon was defeated in adventure 02 in a flashback so it could have been reborn as zeedmillenniumon

sarkTPK35

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i acctually just finished rewatching adventure, and i never saw a flashback in 02, where exactly did you see it?
but that aside, mileniummon never existed in the adventure universe, only kimeramon, he never digivolved, and when you said mileniummon was defeated in adventure 02, you most likly meant the kimeramon made by ken.

i acctually have a question, in the second movie determination, there was a prophosy about moving past the darkness to gain great power, do you think it only applyed to mimi and joe, or would it also apply to the rest?

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Millenniumon appears in Ken's dream/flashback in episode 43 of Adventure 02. Millenniumon was the villain of a series of video games where Ryo and the Chosen Children fought him. You might want to do some exploring of this site: http://syldra.net/yesterday/wonderswan/

frankiemon827

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i acctually just finished rewatching adventure, and i never saw a flashback in 02, where exactly did you see it?
but that aside, mileniummon never existed in the adventure universe, only kimeramon, he never digivolved, and when you said mileniummon was defeated in adventure 02, you most likly meant the kimeramon made by ken.

i acctually have a question, in the second movie determination, there was a prophosy about moving past the darkness to gain great power, do you think it only applyed to mimi and joe, or would it also apply to the rest?
that prophesy could easily applied to everyone tbh. I personally think that's how digivolution (especially towards Mega & above levels) works really

sarkTPK35

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
you were right about mileniummon in adv. 02, but one thing stuck in my mind, if mileniummon is a mega digimon, how did ken destroy him so easily with wormmon, a rookie? and who was the other person with ken in that flashback, before he got the dark spore in him?

this is quite intreging!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
who was the other person with ken in that flashback, before he got the dark spore in him?
it's Ryo Akiyama, the Video game protagonist mentioned by TMS. The website he linked to should clear up most things there are to know about the story of the Wonderswan games in which Ryo appears.

you were right about mileniummon in adv. 02, but one thing stuck in my mind, if mileniummon is a mega digimon, how did ken destroy him so easily with wormmon, a rookie?
If we strictly go by the logic as presented in the Video game, They could defeat Milleniummon since at this point they had assistance from a whole group of other Mega Digimon... who just happened to be off camera during the flashback or something.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure how millenniumon could be perceived as the big bad of the series it was created from machinedramon and chimeramon. Apocalymon was the primordial evil and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he create machinedramon. Even the meicoomon virus is tied to apocalymon. Also we see dark gennai sided with the dark ocean digimon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For what it's worth, Millenniumon was the one responsible for releasing Apocalymon prior to the events of Adventure. It used its power to travel back in time after presumably forming in the Dark World in 2002. And of course it created the Dark Seed, which is what was responsible for most of the trouble in 02.

Also we see dark gennai sided with the dark ocean digimon.
...No we didn't. Which Digimon are you even referring to?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyber Sleuth pretty much states that King Drasil is the exact same one in every universe and it rules the entire Digimon multiverse - though that's only one continuity stating that. I more see it that the main KD computer sends out its avatars to every universe, which is why it never seems to learn its lesson, as it sends out units and don't share memories, etc but if CS is anything to go by, it's "the same KD".

The Xros Manga also follows this, when it states that Marcus Damon shut down KD in the Xros Wars universe, which also backs this up (though this also seems to have all universes in one, since it also shows Takato and Gallantmon fusing)

KD also has the power to turn itself back on whenever it wants as stated in Data Squad so even with HS shuting it down, when it feels like it, it'll just turn itself back on be be like "im back, bitches". Let's hope this one has learned it's lesson, aye?

Also, KD is stated not to be in charge of the Digital World the Olympus are from, but I don't think anime or game staff really care about that and would just have KD rule it anyway, then be evil etc, cuz that's their thing lmao. Plus... there are Olympus running around anyway, like in Next Order where multiple members state they're part of the group, as does Merukimon in Data Squad, so in the end - anime and game wise - KD rules it anyway.

So back to what I was saying, though it was mainly in reply to the current conversation - King Drasil will probably just wake itself up at some point in the Adventure Universe to carry on where it left off. We already saw evidence of him doing just that in Re:Digitize as it just turns itself back on after being defeated by Alphamon in the X movie (X and RD are pretty much confirmed to be the same universe) due to the threat of the blue monster things from RD, so if KD feels like a big enough threat is here (Deamon+Diaboromon fusion?) it'll turn itself back on to deal with it. You can't kill King Drasil.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@tms it was controlling the dark masters and in end of tri showed a connection to daemon and diaboromon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Demon and Diablomon have nothing to do with Apocalymon, though, so I'm not sure why you bring it up. They aren't connected to the Mysterious Man at the moment either. He only implied that he might involve one of them in some future plan.

I don't think we can predict anything about the Yggdrasill in Tri by looking at other parts of the franchise. Canon is more fluid than that. They could take it in to consideration if they wanted, but they don't have to.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KD also has the power to turn itself back on whenever it wants as stated in Data Squad so even with HS shuting it down, when it feels like it, it'll just turn itself back on be be like "im back, bitches". Let's hope this one has learned it's lesson, aye?
If it was that powerful, the homeostasis probably couldn't have shut him down in the first place. After all What happened in Savers was not Yggdrasil "getting shut down", it more along the lines of Yggdrasil accepting the strength of humans and shutting down voluntarily. Since the Shutdown in tri. was not implied to have been voluntary in the same way it's comepletely possible that Homeostasis is just more powerful in that continuity and capable of keeping Yggdrasil from reactivating at all.

Also, KD is stated not to be in charge of the Digital World the Olympus are from, but I don't think anime or game staff really care about that and would just have KD rule it anyway, then be evil etc, cuz that's their thing lmao.
If you argue that they will randomly ignore parts of the Digimon lore I don't know how you can be sure about any of your other "evidence" which is just other parts of Digimon lore that could be just as arbitrarily ignored as the part you are casually dismissing here.

Plus... there are Olympus running around anyway, like in Next Order where multiple members state they're part of the group, as does Merukimon in Data Squad, so in the end - anime and game wise - KD rules it anyway.
This has nothing to do with Yggdrasil though, since there is nothing stating that those particular Olympians were not from the Digital World: Iliad, like they usually are.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure KD prob willingly shut down too and will wake up when it feels it's needed. Prob the next movie and will help the not kids who don't trust it due to the past etc. I think a redemption arc fir KD would be interesting change of pace.

And touche on the "they could just ignore past happenings".

and it'd be weird for random members of the Olympus to cross over then act on their own but I guess stuff just happens. I think in those the alternate DW just doesn't exist and the Royal Knights, OXII and KD just coexist in one

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it was explicitly said that Homeostasis was responsible for shutting Yggdrasill down. As to why Homeostasis didn't do so earlier, it probably had to do with Yggdrasill losing a lot of its power when it poured itself into Ordinemon and was defeated.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My thought on that was HS wanted to deal with KD without shutting it down but eventually decided enough was enough. I do still think it'll just wake up again one day like other KD have said it can do and I feel like it'd be a good excuse to reuse Norn

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@tms we know apocalymon and the dark masters came from the dark ocean. Also dark gennai seems to be able to call on dark ocean and past infected digimon.

I think it's clear dark gennai is connected to apocalymon it controls the dark masters and if it's the same gennai infected by piedmon even more reason apocalymon is pulling the strings.