Theories for Tri

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sabreblade's right. Neither the prophecy nor Gennai says that Apocalymon was the entity the original Chosen fought, though Yamato seems to assume that it was. Here's a tentative theory for you. If Tri does involve the original Chosen Children somehow, maybe the thing that they fought (if it wasn't Apocalymon) will return as the villain.

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or perhaps the King of Digimon will be (re)introduced for the third time in Adventure tri. (ILLUMINA- oh you know the joke) as the true mastermind behind everything- he shall intoxicate us with his invincible Love Serenade once more! [/Chants "King Etemon" in the distance]

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... theories.
I bet that if the previous chosen children get brought up again it will be without regards to anything stated in the novels but some background original to tri. I also think it's unlikely that they'll be brought up at all.

Some theories regarding Meiko, sorted by what I find most probable:

Permutation A:
She's a normal girl and the "something" she is searching for has nothing to do with the Digimon incidents, or if it is she isn't aware of that fact. She befriends some of the chosen children, before they get reunited with their digimon and when they do Meiko becomes a problem because they want to keep their partners secret from her. Her voice actress notes her habit of sneezing... my guess is that's some allergy related to digimon (like kurata seemed to have in savers) so she'll sneeze whenever she meets with the chosen children while their Digimon are hiding nearby or pretend to be plush toys or something like that.
Anyway, eventually Meiko will witness a fight between Digimon which marks her as chosen (maybe at this point we could get a direct look at how exactly the mechanism for choosing additional chosen children work) and the new mammal Digimon appears before her. But because she still has no idea what Digimon are all about she just gets confused and desparate about her situation which leads to the scene of her standing under the bridge alone hugging her partner. The other scenes shown in the PV with Jou standing near the bridge and Taichi under the bridge looking very serious could be part of a scene where the chosen children track her down and try to explain the situation to her.

Permutation B:
She has something to do with either Maki and actually searches for the Digimon and the chosen children themselves. She befriends them in order to infiltrate them and figure out their role in the digimon incidents. She herself also already had her Digimon partner and in this case her tendency to sneeze is actually made up and she uses sneezing to communicate with her partner during critical moments when she is in the presence of the chosen children (why not?). The scene under the bridge is when the chosen children find out about her having a partner and try to find out about her agenda, or maybe they figured it out before but only manage to catch her under the bridge.

Permutation C:
Mixture between A and B; She doesn't have a digimon partner at the beginning and is sent by whatever organization Maki and/or Daigo are part of in order to infiltrate and monitor the chosen children. But then she becomes a chosen chiuld herself leadig to a conflict of interest for her.

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Royal Knights seem to be once again an antagonistic force to be reckoned with in the plot surrounding with in this film, with Alphamon making his move. Whatever's afoot in Tri, it may involve something that could greatly affect the Digital World that it stirred a powerful Royal Knight into activity after many years of being hidden in the shadows.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Royal Knights seem to be once again an antagonistic force to be reckoned with in the plot surrounding with in this film, with Alphamon making his move. Whatever's afoot in Tri, it may involve something that could greatly affect the Digital World that it stirred a powerful Royal Knight into activity after many years of being hidden in the shadows.
I hope this isn't meant to be a spoiler from Chapter 1 since all spoilers belong in this thread as not everyone is going to be reading about spoilers from the screenings.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope this isn't meant to be a spoiler from Chapter 1 since all spoilers belong in [URL="http://withthewill.net/threads/15377/URL] as not everyone is going to be reading about spoilers from the screenings.
I wouldn't count it as a spoiler. the fact that Alphamon will show in tri and clash with the chosen children is pretty much what everyone already knows from the trailers. I somewhat disagree with the main point of his post though as there has been no indication of Alphamon having anything to do with the royal knights as a group.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I somewhat disagree with the main point of his post though as there has been no indication of Alphamon having anything to do with the royal knights as a group.

I'm not sure if I expect the knights to show up to be honest (just because they've shown up randomly in Digimon media up until now, and I'm not sure their existence fits well with the history as we know from Adventure and 02.)

Because of it's connotation in religion 'the alpha and the omega' shows up in media quite a bit, and Japanese media loves to pick from that well even if they don't strictly go for it's religious meaning.

Simply having one of the most memorable and powerful Digimon in Adventure be 'Omegamon' and another well known powerful Digimon being 'Alphamon' may have been to much to NOT go for that theme.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
spoilers need to go to the spoilers thread in this forum. Not here in the theories thread.

And you are not staff so don't mini mod. If there is a problem, the report button is there for that.

Spoiler has been removed. The spoilers thread is there for a reason. Suspensions will start to get handed out if this continues.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that the movie is out do we need spoiler tags?

Anyways, my theory is that Meiko has cat allergies which is why she sneezes.

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ Particularly because of the fact that Hikari and Takeru also have new VAs.

Hopefully that's not going to be the case in the English dub.

Since we've previously established how Hikari is the "special" one of the team, let's split the difference and give Tailmon both Holydramon and Ophanimon for her Ultimate level, with the added ability of Slide Evolving back and forth between the two. ;)

Better yet, reclassify Gatomon as a Rookie, Angewomon as a Champion, Magnadramon as an Ultimate, and Ophanimon as a Mega.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ Particularly because of the fact that Hikari and Takeru also have new VAs.

Hopefully that's not going to be the case in the English dub.

Since we've previously established how Hikari is the "special" one of the team, let's split the difference and give Tailmon both Holydramon and Ophanimon for her Ultimate level, with the added ability of Slide Evolving back and forth between the two. ;)

Better yet, reclassify Gatomon as a Rookie, Angewomon as a Champion, Magnadramon as an Ultimate, and Ophanimon as a Mega.

I actually kind of hope Tri doesn't get dubbed. I can't imagine it going well.

And I can't tell if you're joking or not? They can't just change the levels of Tailmon, Angewomon, and Holydramon. These Digimon exist in other media, as well -- we can't just have Tri be some random exception, especially since as far as we can tell, it's set in the same continuity as the first two television shows.

It's far more simple to either consider the movie featuring Holydramon as non-canon, or just accept the fact that evolution in Digimon is rarely a fixed thing. Agumon has two Perfect forms (SkullGreymon and MetalGreymon) in Adventure/02, and Guilmon has two Ultimate forms (Megidramon and Dukemon) in Tamers. I believe it's been speculated that Holydramon's existence in place of Ophanimon might be because of Tailmon lacking her tail ring, though that shouldn't matter because Angewomon (and not Tailmon) evolved into Holydramon. It's easier to just remember that Ophanimon didn't exist at the time.

In any case, I think my reply is starting to get off-topic. Please message me if you'd like to continue this. :)

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually kind of hope Tri doesn't get dubbed. I can't imagine it going well.

Well, if the past dubs are anything to judge by... Actually, if they did dub Tri, it would probably get a lot shorter. They can't show buildings getting destroyed, after all.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't be getting of topic with stupid shit again you guys...

With tri. airing and watching it "twice" i feel like the 02 kids being trapped in the distortion world isn't too farfetch'd. Sadly can't say the same for the Daigo and Maki theory. They needed to get info from Gennai about the Digital world? Hrm, nope. There goes that theory. They would have already known about Gennai if they were a part of the original team.

With the distortion theory, I wonder if the 8 did find out about the 02 kids going missing in a portal and never seen again. It would explain Taichi's reluctance.. But why no one ever brings it up is curious. Koushirou should have definitely brought that up about the oddities in the last year.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 02 kids will play a role somewhere down the line, as it's also Adventure 02's 15th anniversary. My theory is they are trapped in the Digital World or the distortions somewhere, that's why they don't appear on the map of Earth anywhere. Why no one ever mentions them maybe the others don't know that they are missing except for that organization or the original Digidestined are to busy having there own reunion to remember them now XD.

I have a question about Taichi's goggles, are they different from the one's he gave Daisuke and Koushiro upgraded them, or did Koushiro create those special goggles for Taichi's himself?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saikai has a lot of elements that reminds me of a storyline from Digimon Collectors:
–A soulless "creator"(Demiurge-Yggdrasill).
–A blackened egg.
–A kind of "virus" which creates anomalies in the RW/DW.
–A request is sent to Chosen Children/Tamers when something's going wrong.
–Huckmon and Alphamon (and presumably the RK) make an appearance.
–The importance of the sky and the landscape in general in the various scenes.
–The distortion that occurs in the sky when the infected Digimon from tri. and Ogudomon appear is very similar.

My theory is that both stories have some connection or that Yggdrasill/SGDL are behind the infection somehow.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's far more simple to either consider the movie featuring Holydramon as non-canon, or just accept the fact that evolution in Digimon is rarely a fixed thing. Agumon has two Perfect forms (SkullGreymon and MetalGreymon) in Adventure/02, and Guilmon has two Ultimate forms (Megidramon and Dukemon) in Tamers. I believe it's been speculated that Holydramon's existence in place of Ophanimon might be because of Tailmon lacking her tail ring, though that shouldn't matter because Angewomon (and not Tailmon) evolved into Holydramon. It's easier to just remember that Ophanimon didn't exist at the time.
Cutting this off at the source.

Adventure Tailmon has evolved to Ofanimon in two games (Adventure PSP and Battle Spirit 1.5), both times with Tail Ring. She has also evolved to Holydramon six times (once in anime, then in Rumble Arena, All-Star Rumble, 15th Digivice, Digimon World Digital Card Battle, and Brave Tamer). Only in the anime did she not have her Tail Ring. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that the Tail Ring has anything to do with who she evolves into.

Ritdracmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
–Huckmon and Alphamon (and presumably the RK) make an appearance.
So would this universe's RK have a different Magnamon? Because if it is the Miracle Digimental form of someone's partner and the one we saw that trashed the Digimon Kaiser's base...

Seeing the poster for Part 2 Ketsui/Determination/Decision(as most are pointing it out to be) I think that Joe and Mimi will be the first two to be back in the changed Digital World, and of all places they will be fighting someone very familiar. In the midst of said fighting they get Gomaon's and Palmon's Ultimate/Mega forms.