Theories for Tri

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why? We got BanchouLilimon about less than a year ago.:(
Rosemon was used in both the CD Drama and the Adventure PSP game, and as much as I adore BanchouLili for being a BAMF, she doesn't quite fit Mimi all that well. Trust me, I'm not really into the idea that we're going to officially have three partner Rosemon in this franchise, but she is the most likely evolution to be picked for Palmon unless Bandai decided to fart out a new Digimon just to be used as Mimi's Palmon's Ultimate in tri. (which I would prefer- c'mon Bandai gimme a Lili/Rose/Lotus-esque Sakuramon or something)
Three?

I can't really speak for the Vikemon / Plesiomon deal, but I think given Ophanimon's popularity as the end of the Gatomon line, if we end up seeing her mega, it would be Ophanimon, especially to match Seraphimon.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since we've previously established how Hikari is the "special" one of the team, let's split the difference and give Tailmon both Holydramon and Ophanimon for her Ultimate level, with the added ability of Slide Evolving back and forth between the two. ;)

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rosemon was used in both the CD Drama and the Adventure PSP game, and as much as I adore BanchouLili for being a BAMF, she doesn't quite fit Mimi all that well. Trust me, I'm not really into the idea that we're going to officially have three partner Rosemon in this franchise, but she is the most likely evolution to be picked for Palmon unless Bandai decided to fart out a new Digimon just to be used as Mimi's Palmon's Ultimate in tri. (which I would prefer- c'mon Bandai gimme a Lili/Rose/Lotus-esque Sakuramon or something)
Three?

I can't really speak for the Vikemon / Plesiomon deal, but I think given Ophanimon's popularity as the end of the Gatomon line, if we end up seeing her mega, it would be Ophanimon, especially to match Seraphimon.
Yup, Mimi's Rose would be the third official partner Rosemon. Mari's Rosemon was the first, then there's Yoshino's, so Mimi's would be the third one. It's kinda silly, I mean the only Digimon we have more partner Digimons of is Agumon (if/when not including Digimon of the same subspecies, if we did then we've have to take every single Greymon into considderation and yup, the Grey-subspecies would probably win).

As for Tailmon's Ultimate, eh, there is a possibility Toei would stick to Holydramon since she's been shown already. In a god awful movie that made no sense and shouldn't be considdered canon at all but, it's a part of Toei's animation canon. I love Ofanimon and want Ofani to be Tailmon's Ultimate (not to completement Seraphimon mind you, just because it would fit Hikari a lot better, just like how Marin Angemon would fit Takeru but I ain't getting my hopes up), but I think it's more likely Toei will stick to what they've had before rather than changing it to match the PSP game. Not that I'd mind >w> #TeamOfanimon

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As a silly side note, because I noticed that Taichi in the trailers is not wearing goggles yet, that Daigo could have somehow given them to him. But that's just a throw-away thought to why we haven't them yet in the trailer, yet most promo material still shows them.
Didn't Taichi give his goggles to Daisuke?
Yeah, he did. But now that we know 02 is relevant, does it really make sense for Daisuke to give him back the goggles or Taichi asked for them back? They represent the bond between them. I don't think the writers would go that far to switch that and then have Daisuke receive them again. Since Daisuke's son is seen wearing them. So it's probable that Daisuke still holds the goggles close.

Plus some people have theorized that they are not the same goggles as Daisuke's/Taichi's old ones that Taichi currently has.
Taichi's new goggles seem to have a different strap and nose bridge. Black Lenses instead of blue, and no indent in the lens. The Digimon character design notes for Taichi always pointed that specific design out about the indent.

I thought maybe since Daigo is a potential previous protagonist, that he had goggles, but gave them to Taichi. But really I feel that'd be repetitive and probably not the case. I really don't get why Taichi would have his old goggles back. There better be one hell of a moving scene of Daisuke lending them, or Taichi needs some goggles in the moment for whatever reason and Daigo lends him his.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did July 2000 not count?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Of course not. That movie sux. lol" I'm sure most people will shrug that off as non-canon. I think it could go either way with Holydramon/Ofanimon.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Three?

Yup, Mimi's Rose would be the third official partner Rosemon. Mari's Rosemon was the first, then there's Yoshino's, so Mimi's would be the third one. It's kinda silly, I mean the only Digimon we have more partner Digimons of is Agumon (if/when not including Digimon of the same subspecies, if we did then we've have to take every single Greymon into considderation and yup, the Grey-subspecies would probably win).
I had no idea about Mari, but if we're including things like V-Tamer, shouldn't we also include Brave Tamer? Which would make Mimi's Rosemon the second Rosemon, as opposed to the third.

Did July 2000 not count?
I was specifically referring to in tri., but if you want to get technical July 2000 counts about as much as the Adventure PSP game does because of the fact that the tri. team and Toei can do whatever it is in regards to this that they choose to, and that's without going into the idea that the holy ring changes her ultimate form or that she has two different, slide-evolutiony ultimate forms, and Holydramon is the one that was required in that moment. There's also the fact that Ophanimon is extremely popular, and I mean, that could very well sway favor.

Also, Ophanimon would be easier to animate.

We will see, though.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Three?

I had no idea about Mari, but if we're including things like V-Tamer, shouldn't we also include Brave Tamer? Which would make Mimi's Rosemon the second Rosemon, as opposed to the third.
Technically speaking Mimi was the fourth, as that Rosemon was "unlocked" by Ryo, not by Mimi, making Ryo the potentially second owner of a Rosemon (and the first male one). And potentially in the sense that he can choose to not save Mimi, so no Rosemon there. And we don't really know if that Palmon's was the one of our Mimi or the one of a Mimi of another timeline created by Zeed meddling with the past (timey wimey stuff).

And, contributing to the spirit of this topic, my theory: Another crossover, in the last ova :v

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was specifically referring to in tri., but if you want to get technical July 2000 counts about as much as the Adventure PSP game does because of the fact that the tri. team and Toei can do whatever it is in regards to this that they choose to, and that's without going into the idea that the holy ring changes her ultimate form or that she has two different, slide-evolutiony ultimate forms, and Holydramon is the one that was required in that moment. There's also the fact that Ophanimon is extremely popular, and I mean, that could very well sway favor.

We will see, though.
What about making Orphanimon evolved from Angewomon while Holydramon evolved from Nefertimon?

Swampy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I honestly think they're gonna use Ophanimon over Holydramon. They seem to prefer humanoids over animals for the final forms and as hope-endlessly says they're way easier to animate too. Ophanimon looks great too though, so it's fine with me! Holydramon is just one of my favourites and if she was in Tri she may get some nice merchandise too. <3

As for Vikemon and Plesiomon.. It's probably gonna be Vikemon they choose. Plesiomon is gorgeous but Vikemon in that line seems to be used more often(at least from what I've seen?) and looks way more like Zudomon than Plesiomon does. Plus yeah, Plesiomon looks like a REAL pain to animate. I CAN DREAM THOUGH.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus yeah, Plesiomon looks like a REAL pain to animate. I CAN DREAM THOUGH.
They did animate Plesiomon in Hunter, though.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We will see, though.
I'm not disputing that Ofanimon counts as a form of Tailmon. I'm just pointing out that the "if we end up seeing her Ultimate" is a weird thing to say, as we already have. Twice.

Technically speaking Mimi was the fourth, as that Rosemon was "unlocked" by Ryo, not by Mimi, making Ryo the potentially second owner of a Rosemon (and the first male one). And potentially in the sense that he can choose to not save Mimi, so no Rosemon there. And we don't really know if that Palmon's was the one of our Mimi or the one of a Mimi of another timeline created by Zeed meddling with the past (timey wimey stuff).
Is it not the same Rosemon, though? I might be mixing stuff up, but I thought Ryo was borrowing Mimi's Palmon there.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We will see, though.
What about making Orphanimon evolved from Angewomon while Holydramon evolved from Nefertimon?
That would be a neat twist, but perhaps a bit... odd.

We will see, though.
I'm not disputing that Ofanimon counts as a form of Tailmon. I'm just pointing out that the "if we end up seeing her Ultimate" is a weird thing to say, as we already have. Twice.
It was my phrasing, and I apologize for it. I specifically meant in Tri.

Is it not the same Rosemon, though? I might be mixing stuff up, but I thought Ryo was borrowing Mimi's Palmon there.
It's pretty much guaranteed that Ryo was borrowing the Adventure (and 02? I know he uses them at some point but IDK about Brave Tamer) kids' digimon.

Last edited:

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Potentially choosing. As he can choose between Palmon, Patamon or Tailmon (as is explained in-game that ENIAC could only have one portal open at a given time). If you don't choose Mimi, or the others for that matter, its implied they are left to be killed by Zeed minions. That's why it's also potentially that this specific Mimi is from an alternate timeline and not our Adventure's Mimi (that game also states the existence of alternate timelines of a given world: the Anode and Cathode timelines are an example of this).

The only companion Digimon you borrow in that game without choosing from many anime character Digimon is Guilmon.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll summarize my theories here, and discuss a new one in the end. And for time-related issues, I'll only answer to other posts tomorrow.

-Daigo and Maki are members of the original Chosen, respectively the leader and lone wolf, and are partnered to Huanglongmon (Daigo) and Qinglongmon (Maki). Daigo's name starts with "Da", which is similar to "Ta", and he wears a star shirt like Taichi and Tagiru. Nishijima also contains the kanji for "island", while File Island is said to be the center of the four points guarded by the Four Holy Beasts in the novels. Maki was revealed at the same time as Daigo, and her name can be interpreted as coming from "wood" (ki), the Azure Dragon's element, while "maki" is also Japanese for "firewood". She also has the same face as Yamato.

-The Child forms of the Four Holy Beasts will be revealed at some point.

-The DNA cat's name might be Felixmon or Helixmon, or the same things without an "x", because it has a double helix motif, and Felixmon is a generic cat name. However, I'm thinking of giving up this theory because I noticed it might be a three-tailed fox. Thinking avout it, I only thought it was a cat because I found it similar to Tailmon. In fact, my first thought seeing it was something like "What, another cat like Tailmon? Don't tell me this is another Chosen with a holy Digimon".

-The mysterious girl might be connected to the virus in some way because her Digimon has a double helix motif. Double helix = DNA, virus = RNA.

-Alphamon may be connected to Huanglongmon because it wields the Ouryuken, which the null canon associates to Ouryumon, who is connected to Huanglongmon.

-Alphamon may be connected to the reason the series is titled tri., as it has a triangle on its head.

Now my new theory.
Onkeikun mentioned on Twitter the possibility of the mysterious girl being Daigo's sister because of the same hair color and similar eye color. While I noticed the similarity, I ignored it because I thought they could just be using more realistical hair colors. However, this kinda changes some stuff. First of all, she wold be an original Chosen. If Daigo is the Taichi of the original Chosen, then this girl is their Hikari, and since the blurb about she wearing a "different uniform than Sora" seems to imply she's the same age as her, it also restricts how far ago the original kids can have gone to the Digital World. If we assume 1995, then she would be 7, almost the same age as Takeru and Hikari in their first journey.

Second. The original Chosen fought Apocalymon. When I noticed her Digimon's DNA motif I thought "Well, they're bringing a Digimon that has a double helix theme, like Apocalymon, to the Adventure universe. Would be funny if its Ultimate was named Genesimon and was Apocalymon's opposite. Yeah, this totally goes to my wish list." and I posted in the tri. hopes thread. But now, with the possibility of she having fought Apocalymon, I'm suddenly starting to think this is actually possible. So, we have two opposites fighting like how we had Angemon and Devimon.

Third. The original Chosen were six? I was under the impression Daigo's name could be a reference to the number of original Chosen, because if you change the last kanji in his name you get "great five", but if they are six that theory doesn't make. But if you remove the dakuten in "Daigo" (だいご) you get "Taiko" (たいこ, 太古), which is Japanese for "ancient times", the same word used to describe the time the original Chosen were summoned. So, for now, I'll nickname the mysterious girl "Taiko".
But then, if the original Chosen were five, suing the Four Holy Beasts and Huanglongmon, how could you git a sixth one? We already used all the Four Symbols. The FHB are too busy with their godly roles to go to the RW, and that thing obviously isn't Huanglongmon, that would be Daigo's Partner.
I looked at the Digimon Mystery File and the balancing ritual. We have Agumon as the Yellow Dragon, Gabumon as the Azure Dragon, Piyomon as the Vermillion Bird, Tentomon as the Black Tortoise, and Gomamon as the White Tiger. But then, there was a part of the ritual I previously ignored Patamon. If the girl is the young sibling character, it makes sense to compare her to Takeru. So I googled "デジモン 四聖獣 パタモン" and found this. The guy mentions five roles, but also suggests Patamon might be the Qilin because it's the only other holy beast left. How could I forget that? Some sources put Qilin instead of the Yellow Dragon as the center. I had already read that on Japanese Wikipedia, but I never paid much attention to it before.

So, if they are siblings, it makes sense they both represent the Center. So, Taiko's Partner will evolve into a Qilin. But why would a fox evolve into a Qilin? All I could think was "Savers did it", but if I used only that argument, you guys would laugh at me more than you already usually do. So i googled "fox qilin" and found nothing useful. Then I tried to google "狐 麒麟" and before I finished typing I got "麒麟山 狐" (Mt. Kirin + fox) suggested to me, so I went with that. The first link I found was about the Fox Wedding Parade (see some pictures) that happens in the cities near Mt. Kirin. Apparently, int he Sengoku period there were foxes in the region, and it seems there are claims of kitsunebi sightings at Mt. Kirin.
So there it is. That is your connection. I would go as far as theorize that this was the logic used for Kudamon → Tyilinmon.

So, Taiko's Digimon will become a Qilin. What would it be named? They already used Tyilinmon. While they could make a new design and reuse the name, like they did to other Digimon before, the DNA theme makes me think they'll make it Apocalymon's Angemon, so "Genesimon" is my bet. In Japanese culture, the Qilin is the most powerful of all beings, so making it a god and associating it with universal creation wouldn't be too dificult. Pokémon did it.

Now, on appearance. The new Digimon has three tails, and FHB and H have 12 DigiCores. If we assume it is a Child, it could be adding three double helixes for every Evolution. So:
Child: Three-tailed forx.
Adult: Six-tailed fox.
Perfect: Nine-tailed fox.
Ultimate: A Qilin with twelve doouble helixes, each one having a DigiCore on its end. These double helixes could be anything: Tails, wings, a twelve appendages in a clock-like position. I don't want to try to make a specific guess other than "It'll be 12 double helixes, each with a DigiCore on it".

Also, it would be a bit weird for Apocalymon's Angemon expy to be a beast. So, I would guess it could be a centaur, so it shares Apocalymon's "humanoid torso on top of something" design theme. They could still call it a holy beast if they give it a beast-like face like they did with Sleipmon. And it wouldn't be too weird to have a centaur Qilin: Modern depictions of Qilins give it an unicorn design. So, unicorn <- horse -> centaur.

So, we have a Digimon based on an animal associated with a mountain named after the creature that often replaces the Yellow Dragon as the center, and sharing a desing theme with Apocalymon, partnered to a girl that may be the sister of the guy possibly partnered with the Yellow Dragon. I know Marc said sequels usually ignore novel adaptations, but this, combined with the fact that the Digimoji game from the official had "Homeostasis", a term used only in the novels and mentioned in the Animation Chronicle when it mentions the novels, as one of its words, makes me think they might actually be taking the novels into account.

By the way, I noticed that in the trailers, Taichi is almost never wearing his goggles, except for the sky scene, which might be the opening, the scene where he puts the goggles, and when he passes through Yamato in the first trailer and the camera pans to the sky, which I guess might be also part of the opening. So, I think maybe he only gets his new goggles, which someone said might be from Daigo, near the end of the movie. So, maybe it's like 02's first episode.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will be no addressing of dangling plot threads from previous seasons.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Um, didn't the original Chosen seal Apocalymon behind the Wall of Fire...?

Or am I misremembering.