Theories for Tri

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We will see no new evolutions.
Only we know that we are going to see the other chosen's Ultimate forms because of concept art.

My most popular theory seems to be that Glasses Girl was there during the Hikarigaoka incident.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We will see no new Digimon.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weeellll~ Since you asked~

Daigo is the one that's my main one now since my previous "alternative Universe" one was debunked. Didn't think my silly thought could actually be legit. Or at least it shows some.

I think the fans for a long time have made multiple theories for the original 5 for that series. Always looking at the newest Digimon series and saying, "could this be pre-adventure?!" People felt Frontier could be it, same with Xros Wars. Both fell too many or too few of kids to make the cut. It would have been a nice thought to see the series progress to a certain point to reveal that the series we were watching was in fact pre-Adventure. But perhaps that'd been too complicated of a process. To keep things making sense, how it'd fit into what we know of Adventure and Zero Two.

But seeing those characters already grown up may not be such a farfetch'd idea. We would see snippets here and there of who they were and what they did. But not the whole story and to not mess up with what's already been.

So, this silly little thought appeared in my head mainly because someone said he had the "da" particle in his name. In Japanese as well, it is the same ta/da Kanji as seen in most of the leaders' names. This includes Masaru! *glare* Plus Daigo's age could very well be 22. Which is only a few years older than Taichi in the series. He could very well be a teachers' aid. In College, working in the field with students. Plus he dresses ridiculously. That can't exactly be used as evidence, but he very much gives off the illusion he's a laid back person. Kind of what we've seen in a lot of our protagonists.

In the latest trailer, we see he's a double agent working with Maki(supposedly). He appears to be in the same room, if not lighting, as her. His line about leaving the rest to the Chosen Children very much leaves the impression not only does he know about the Digimon, but he plays a big part with them. Not like Yamaki or Satsuma's organizations that either deleted or returned the Digimon back home. But aided the kids in some way to victory from behind the scenes. Daigo could have very well been looking after the kids all this time and now is Taichi's teacher. Where he is closet in time of need.

I also have a theory that tri. staff is still using the snippet of info that the original 5's Digimon grew to be the Gods of the Digital World. That may be why Daigo was forced to work behind the scenes. Because his Digimon can't leave his position to come to the real world.

As a silly side note, because I noticed that Taichi in the trailers is not wearing goggles yet, that Daigo could have somehow given them to him. But that's just a throw-away thought to why we haven't them yet in the trailer, yet most promo material still shows them.

-------------------------------------
Now, about Hashiko, our glasses wearing little one.
I'm not sure about her, but Marc insisted someone would make a long, crazy theory about her.

SO HERE I GO:

She is Taichi's child from the future to stop Yamato and Sora from getting married so that Taichi can marry Sora like he always wanted.
The v-jump already made it a point that her uniform was different from Sora's. So Sora just be of some importance to her character. Thus making this theory that much more plausible.

Also, shipping goes to the shipping thread. *glares at anyone that dares to add to this.* IT WAS A JOKE. A. JOKE.

In all honesty, I thought she was Daigo's sister because they have very similar hair color and same eye color. This was before we knew of Daigo. But as someone pointed out, can't have Digimon without sibling drama. *shrugs* This may actually be accurate in a way.

I don't know if she will be the owner of Alphamon, but her fox like Digimon is certainly cute and I hope we get to know about them soon.
Already debunked, my friend. We saw in a magazine scan a long, long time ago of possible Hououmon evolution sequence and Rosemon in the CD drama.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will be a flashback scene that:

1) Is an art shift back to traditional Adventure-style/Nakatsuru character designs
2) The original voice actors come back for the kids

The one hangup with this though is Zero Two. It's gonna be weird if the Zero Two kids show and sound exactly the same while Taichi and the others are different.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ Particularly because of the fact that Hikari and Takeru also have new VAs.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As a silly side note, because I noticed that Taichi in the trailers is not wearing goggles yet, that Daigo could have somehow given them to him. But that's just a throw-away thought to why we haven't them yet in the trailer, yet most promo material still shows them.
Didn't Taichi give his goggles to Daisuke?

Swampy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have a feeling all the chosen kids Digimon's mega forms are gonna combine together into one big badass or at least we're gonna see more combining with the mega forms in general like Rosemon + Hououmon.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon + MetalGarurumon + Hououmon + Rosemon + HerculesKabuterimon + Plesiomon + Seraphimon + Holydramon Warp Jogress tooooooo:

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode!

...huh. Maybe we need to tilt our fingers a little higher when we do the pose?

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because I am desperate garbage:

• one of the PVs show a clock on Taichi’s table showing that the time is six seconds past 6 o’clock;; the Undead King was revived at 06:06:06 pm;; tri. is going to have six movies
  • one of the interviews point out in the story section that something significant is happening to the sky;; giant DigiEggs have appeared in the sky (Hosoda’s material);; the Human World-sky started showing the Digital World after the distortions between the worlds got too strong
  • the previous PVs mention “infected Digimon” and suggest these Digimon are rampaging uncontrolably;; Digimon are known to be easy to control with items such as Black Gears, the Dark Network, Evil Rings and Spirals;; perhaps even Dark Seeds and brainwashing methods;; sometimes it isn’t immidiately clear a person is being controlled by one of these things
  • the interviews also mention that mysterious events have been happening in Odaiba until the Scumon hits the fan and the story begins;; weird weather phenomena (aka invisible distortion Digimon doing all sorts of stuf) taking place all around the Human World due to Apocalymon’s distortions at the very begining of Adventure

I'm not saying it's the Dark Masters but... Piemon could still be alive so... [[//AGGRESSIVELY CHANTS "DARK MASTERS"]]

My desperate joking aside (/sniffle), Rosemon being in the CD drama doesn't really mean she'll show up in tri. (although yeah, if we get to see Palmon's Ultimate, it has to be Rosemon), the CD Dramas were their own thing after all. And yeah, there are photos of potential evolution sequence storyboards (wake me up when this prediction turns out to be true), but some ideas can and do end up getting scrapped, so although it's unlikely (because Bandai wants money and this is literally the best way to advertise these Digimon that everyone has been dying to see for the past 16 years), who knows, "the originally planned" Ultimate Evolutions of the other Chosen Digimon could get scrapped.

Other predictions/theories... Toei is cheap so I semi-expect to see beautifully reanimated evolution sequences. In wonderful HD. With good CGI. Yes.

Trilby1992

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Already debunked, my friend. We saw in a magazine scan a long, long time ago of possible Hououmon evolution sequence and Rosemon in the CD drama.
Technically speaking, those are no new evolutions.
I don't know what Hououmon evolution is but I'd like to clarify that I meant evolution methods. I've complettely forgot about all the scans we had in the past year. Shows how much of a fan I am. :p

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why? We got BanchouLilimon about less than a year ago.:(
Rosemon was used in both the CD Drama and the Adventure PSP game, and as much as I adore BanchouLili for being a BAMF, she doesn't quite fit Mimi all that well. Trust me, I'm not really into the idea that we're going to officially have three partner Rosemon in this franchise, but she is the most likely evolution to be picked for Palmon unless Bandai decided to fart out a new Digimon just to be used as Mimi's Palmon's Ultimate in tri. (which I would prefer- c'mon Bandai gimme a Lili/Rose/Lotus-esque Sakuramon or something)

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yet people still expect HeraclesKabuterimon for AtlurKabuterimon despite in All-Star Rumble Tentomon evolves to TyrantKabuterimon instead.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one of the PVs show a clock on Taichi’s table showing that the time is six seconds past 6 o’clock;; the Undead King was revived at 06:06:06 pm;; tri. is going to have six movies
Six is two threes...Half Life 2 Episode 3 and Half Life 3 confirmed!

But seriously, I agree that they should do some more CGI evolution sequences, not just the WG/MGmon rehashes we got in Adventure PSP.

Swampy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon + MetalGarurumon + Hououmon + Rosemon + HerculesKabuterimon + Plesiomon + Seraphimon + Holydramon Warp Jogress tooooooo:

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode!

...huh. Maybe we need to tilt our fingers a little higher when we do the pose?
Haha. XD

Psst love how you mention Holydramon and Plesiomon instead of Ophanimon and Vikemon *hopes*