The With the Will Podcast, Episode 3- Fourth tri.'s the Charm

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode of the podcast is nearly all Digimon Adventure tri. since Part 4 came out!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We go over Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 in detail, our thoughts on it, and go over what little we know of Part 5 so far.

Show notes, downloads, and the RSS feed can be found at http://podcast.withthewill.net/post/3/

We also go over a bunch of Digimon Adventure tri. news and tri. questions you guys have for us!

This episode was recorded on February 27, 2017.

Questions for future episodes can be sent to podcast@withthewill.net.

We can be found on iTunes, Google Play, and most podcasting apps (feel free to suggest one if you don't see us there.)

Just below is a Youtube embed for those who like to listen to podcasts via Youtube:

Thanks

We appreciate you guys listening and your feedback. Let us know what you think about the newest episode.

Our intro and outtro song is 'Version Up', sung by Umi Tenjin in character as Koushiro from Digimon Adventure.

The site, logo, custom art, and HTML5 player was made by lost.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MMmhmm. I see even you two are fanboying over super hero jou.

I'll just be over here respecting that Meiko grew in this movie.

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki. She's just about the first person to have done something bad and not been under control of some Digital World darkness thing. She did it out of selfishness and desperation to see her partner again. She had known what she was doing, still worried about the kids and the consequence. But did it anyway. It's refreshing to have an antagonist like that.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki. She's just about the first person to have done something bad and not been under control of some Digital World darkness thing. She did it out of selfishness and desperation to see her partner again. She had known what she was doing, still worried about the kids and the consequence. But did it anyway. It's refreshing to have an antagonist like that.
They did talk about Maki. But to be fair, while her actions have been significant to the plot she didn't really appear much in this movie.

MMmhmm. I see even you two are fanboying over super hero jou.
Well, why not? It was pretty amazing to see him channeling his inner Gokai Silver.

But yeah, Meiko had a lot of growth in this chapter and that was great to see.

--

Also, not gonna bother with the hatemail but Sora is best girl. Fight me :p

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And why the hatemail?
That was just my response to the podcast gag of "send your hatemail to..." :p
I should probably explain that gag someday... because I'm not sure even Victor is sure what I'm doing.

The more someone knows me and what I like the more likely they are to understand the gag though.

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki.
I'll admit, I don't recall 'how' much we talked about Maki in it. In my head I remember us talking about her. But there is very little of her in tri. Part 4, so it's quite possible just in having the discussion in a relatively natural manner that we might have skipped over some detail.

If you (or anyone) do want us to follow up or clarify something we've talked about on the podcast, you are welcome to PM me questions, or email them to podcast@withthewill.net and we will answer/comment on them on the show.

Of course, I'll also try and respond to stuff here when possible and appropriate.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know this was a thing! I'll give it a listen... you'll probably get a sub from me. :)

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally love that they finally put to rest all the theories on the Original Chosen. And they did it so deftly. Maki and Daigo as reflections of Taichi and the others and what they -could- grow up to be is a great concept. And the fact that they tie these two characters to a plot seed that's been there since 1999 is just a master stroke.

Also, just confirming that, in Japanese theatres, they didn't play the Butterfly opening.

I can't remember for certain, but I thought there was a moment in 02 where Koushirou was drinking Oolong Tea while they were at his house, but it wasn't nearly as exaggerated as it was in Our War Game or Tri.

The rest of the review... Marc is pretty much spot-on and I was saying a lot of the same things myself. Tri part 4 is great, but its flaws are pretty obvious.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the food subject: I think the thing about Japanese food being mainly fish may be a misconception. I've been to Tokyo and Osaka, and honestly I didn't see a lot of seafood or sushi places. But then I wasn't specifically looking for them. There's actually a good variety, but if you're not a fan of rice then you're basically stuffed :p

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not that there's only fish, it's just that chicken, beef, and pork are relatively more expensive than fish, and relatively more expensive than buying them in other countries.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the food subject: I think the thing about Japanese food being mainly fish may be a misconception. I've been to Tokyo and Osaka, and honestly I didn't see a lot of seafood or sushi places. But then I wasn't specifically looking for them. There's actually a good variety, but if you're not a fan of rice then you're basically stuffed :p
When I mentioned Hammond running around being unable to eat in Japan, it was (generically) because 'everything' was fish, or at least the fact that because Hammond couldn't parse enough of the language (even with an electronic translator device) that he couldn't be SURE something wasn't fish.