The Thoughts and Lifestyles of a Wildermon

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought I'd post this up here if I find something of general interest in my life to bore/regale/notify you with. Sad news for the first topic, but it's vital I tell you this before it's too late.

It could be a possibillity that my parents are getting a divorce. I'm comfortable with THAT, but Dad says we'll have to sell the house and get a new one. However, if somehow I can't bring my computer and Internet along.... and depending when they split up, this year might be the last you'll ever see of me.

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks, Vamde! I could do with all the support necessary during this time.

Update from me: I talked to Dad about what I said to you all last night, and he reassured me that no matter where we go, we'll always have an Internet connection provided there's a telephone line in the new house. He also doesn't know if the divorce procedure IS a dead cert, but he is thinking about it. So, I'm staying! But I'll keep you posted about the divorce as it happens.

EDIT 29th August 2010: Latest news about the divorce: it's a false alarm. Mum said to me that if both she and Dad decide to get a divorce, they will talk to me and my sister about it. But I'll be here talking to you all about it when it happens!

Kame

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, marriage and love is a treasure. Do your best for your fathers and their relationship (in the measure of your possibilities), and be strong in those hard times, as they are not over yet.

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you, Kame.

Anyways, just to let you all of you know, my parents are STILL thinking of getting a divorce. Another row happened just. Now, after what they did to me in the past, I'm happy that they're divorcing. But what really gets me is that they keep silent for a few days without actually doing ANYTHING about the divorce. If only they'd acted as much as they argued. That is all. Apart from that, I'm mostly fine.

EDIT: Well, last night seemed to be a one off, but who knows when it'll pop up again?

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: Well, last night seemed to be a one off, but who knows when it'll pop up again?

Answer: Three months, to be exact. The Final End has come. My parents are divorcing. We gotta move house, first off. My Dad says I can take my stuff with me, so this isn't goodbye. I will still be translating, but in a new locale of "The Digital World" of this forum.

Like all Digimon, we gotta Evolve sometime.

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad news. We're nearly out of money and can't pay the taxes. Unless Dad gets some cheques by the end of this month, June might be the last month you'll ever see me, as I'll be in poverty...

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's official. No Plan Bs, no reconciliations. My parents ARE getting a divorce. Just thought you'd like to know. :(

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Wildermon link=topic=14959.msg215990#msg215990 date=1314212144]
Well, it's official. No Plan Bs, no reconciliations. My parents ARE getting a divorce. Just thought you'd like to know. :(
[/quote]
I don't know if this will help at all, but from what I've heard, once the option of divorce gets brought up seriously, any attempts at reconciliations will just make the two even less amicable to each other. That certainly jives with my experience: my parents split and got back together several times while I was growing up, and now they can't even talk to each other without going through their lawyers.

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=14959.msg215992#msg215992 date=1314213004]
I don't know if this will help at all, but from what I've heard, once the option of divorce gets brought up seriously, any attempts at reconciliations will just make the two even less amicable to each other. That certainly jives with my experience: my parents split and got back together several times while I was growing up, and now they can't even talk to each other without going through their lawyers.
[/quote]

I was suscpicious at first, but they kept promising me they would stop shouting at each other. I foolishly bought it, then a week later they started again and now this ... you're right. Personally, I don't want to live with either of them anymore. I feel so angry and depressed, I'd rather want to live in a care home. (I have Asperger's, BTW) Nevertheless, I just hope they go through with this and not keep bluffing. I'm getting so confused with their chopping and changing...