The perfect real digivice

kasia_aleksa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That we could make in the real world would:

1. Emit a strong beam of light (most important feature, could be the only feature)
2. Have a GPS that activates when other digivices are near (great bonus feature)
3. Have a USB stick that folds out (could be useful)

So....

How much would it cost to make a digivice with 1 + 3 custom made. Cause 2 would be priiiiicey....

haha

Anyone know how to build electronics with a strong beam of light? Laser? LED?

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no way to create a beam of light. The path of photons are not visible, and are only visible when the light is scattered so that it hits your eye (dust, smoke, debris in the air), or shining directly at you. It would be a flashlight. I've made Digivices with a light up component, but all it does is make the screen glow, and that's about it. As for the USB, I would suggest that if you had one made that you request it be designed like an external hard drive that you can plug in with a USB A-B cable (or similar); rather than it being a fold out.

kasia_aleksa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah sounds good about the USB.

Shame about the beam of light.

For moments like this it would be useful to even have a small beam of light.

I was thinking about photons too. Or lasers but are they dangerous now?? I remember we all used to play with them but they don't create a beam anyway, just a point.... Shame....... A laser diffracted through a crystal?

(Not a phone, has to look like original digivice i think, it's a sacred artefact after all)

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No watch, guys?

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beams of light energy could not do what is described in your photo above. In most considerations, photons have no mass. And without mass they cannot exert a force (Force = Mass x Acceleration). The energy harnessed or felt from in light/photos is done so through the transference of photos to particles with mass through the law of conservation of energy. These particles then react in a number of ways, usually involving; electrons and excited states, chemically (sunburn), physically/kinetically (temperature increase), or through radiation.

If you're interested, you'd probably be more interested in learning about holograms (confined light, with shape). Unfortunately, those too are still beyond current technology.

kasia_aleksa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beams of light energy could not do what is described in your photo above. In most considerations, photons have no mass. And without mass they cannot exert a force (Force = Mass x Acceleration). The energy harnessed or felt from in light/photos is done so through the transference of photos to particles with mass through the law of conservation of energy. These particles then react in a number of ways, usually involving; electrons and excited states, chemically (sunburn), physically/kinetically (temperature increase), or through radiation.

If you're interested, you'd probably be more interested in learning about holograms (confined light, with shape). Unfortunately, those too are still beyond current technology.
I guess you're right. Holograms are the way to go. I mean that's how they contacted Jenni in 01.... through a hologram on digivice, right? Adn that same function probably allowed for making the beam of light.

Hm

Thanks for your info!!!

No watch, guys?
Maybe yes, I love watches, but I think the digivice does not need a watch.... Because time does not exist in digital world ? Just in our world....
Time is a human construct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess you're right. Holograms are the way to go. I mean that's how they contacted Jenni in 01.... through a hologram on digivice, right? Adn that same function probably allowed for making the beam of light.
There was no character named "Jenni" in Adventure... you probably meant Gennai and no they didn't contact him through their digivices, holograms were involved the first few times but they were emitted from projectors that seem to just randomly stuck in the ground somewhere, the digivices weren't really involved.
And I'd like to point point out that the light beam scene depicted in the image you posted earlier also didn't involve the deigivices, the lights were actually emanating from the crests while the digivices didn't really do anything at that time. So the whole beam thing... most of the time the digivices started glowing the light came out (though more visible than it should have been) in a reasonable conical shape which could just be replicated by making it a strong flashlight. If I remember correctly the only scene in which the light of the digivices had a beam like quality (excluding some of the evolution sequences) would be when it created the giant energy cube in the final battle.... obviously not something you could replicate.

And well holograms... obviously still couldn't explain why the lights of the crests seemed to have mass and tension and all that holograms are still just patterns encoded on some medium.
Besides the holograms used on things like money bills and passports we don't really get the sci-fi kind of holograms because encoding a hologram on thin air turns out to be quite a.... challenge so to speak because air it moves areound a lot while also being invisible lol

Maybe yes, I love watches, but I think the digivice does not need a watch.... Because time does not exist in digital world ? Just in our world....
Time is a human construct.
I guess your theory is pretty much instantly debunked by the fact that the Digivices actually have a watch functionality in the anime.
And even we look at the possibility of what you said.... it's just not the case. In fact because of the time dilation between the worlds the digital world does not only have time just like the human world in fact it "contains" much mroe time than the human world. If time didn't exist in the digital world none of the events shown happening in the digital world could have happened because even basic things like any kind movement or even events "happening" in the general sense are actions that occur moving forward through time so without it nothing could happen period and the digimon don't seem to deal with the concept of time any different than humans do. And if we try to view things like space and time from some external or higher dimensional perspective... if the digital world or the digimon themselves would exist in this kind of state there would probably have been major communiaction issues with the human children and the events of the series would be pretty incomprehensible for the audience.

also, please stop double posting.