The "Lost" Digimon

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mainly because if I didnt have some sort of cut-off for variants, the list would be overwhelmed by them. I decided 2015 because then it would include Digimon World Next 0rder which included a few variants some of which still arent in the reference book. There's also no clear answer as to whether certain variants count as their own digimon or not. Honestly its pretty arbitrary that the fan wikis include recolours which only appeared once in a card as their own digimon but then dont do the same for the Digimon World 3 recolours or that Black Terriermon which appeared once as a toy.
Because Hyper Coliseum actually give its recolors distinct attributes whereas the DW3's recolors are purely palette swaps.

I'd still argue against Hyper Colosseum's Data Stingmon being a "black" variant.
It debuted alongside other Black variants, at least one of which was added to the Encyclopedia, therefore it counts.

I've just checked Stingmon (Black) on Wikimon it only appeared in Starter Ver 8 of the cards, which did include a few black variants: Garurumon and Galgomon. But neither debuted in that starter pack. Is there another who debuted there that was added to the encyclopedia that I've missed?

I have had a look at that card but honestly can't see that Hyokomon that is supposedly in it.

hes osbcurbed by the rainbow but you can see him here

Image Thumbnail
Thank you. Honestly still can't see him, its too obscured to work out whether it is Hyokomon or not.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've just checked Stingmon (Black) on Wikimon it only appeared in Starter Ver 8 of the cards, which did include a few black variants: Garurumon and Galgomon. But neither debuted in that starter pack. Is there another who debuted there that was added to the encyclopedia that I've missed?
ExVeemon (Black) though I’m also including Imperialdramon DM (Black) and Imperialdramon FM (Black) from Ultimate Battle Deck 3.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of those only Imperialdramon Dragon Mode Black is in the reference book. And according to Wikimon he didnt debut in Ultimate Battle Deck 3 but an earlier booster pack (booster 7). And it was a cleaned up version of the art from the booster that was used in the reference book.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of those only Imperialdramon Dragon Mode Black is in the reference book. And according to Wikimon he didnt debut in Ultimate Battle Deck 3 but an earlier booster pack (booster 7). And it was a cleaned up version of the art from the booster that was used in the reference book.
That still cements my overall point: Hyper Coliseum’s recolors are higher on the canonicity ladder than the nameless palette swapped fodder from DW3.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really though, some of Hyper Colosseum's recolors don't seem like they particularly well-implemented in the first place. I mean, the only cards to feature the black V-dramon and black Imperialdramon Fighter Mode don't even use 2D artwork. Though, there's nothing saying that they can't just get into the Reference Book with their pre-existing counterparts' profile art being newly recolored (something they've done with the orange Growmon/MegaloGrowmon, which used different art when they debuted in Hyper Colosseum, as well as the gold Guardromon). Would be a shame if the black Imperialdramon Fighter Mode were to somehow never see the light of day again, especially when it's actually referred to within the black Dragon Mode's profile.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mainly because if I didnt have some sort of cut-off for variants, the list would be overwhelmed by them. I decided 2015 because then it would include Digimon World Next 0rder which included a few variants some of which still arent in the reference book. There's also no clear answer as to whether certain variants count as their own digimon or not. Honestly its pretty arbitrary that the fan wikis include recolours which only appeared once in a card as their own digimon but then dont do the same for the Digimon World 3 recolours or that Black Terriermon which appeared once as a toy.
Hm, I get the intent, still an arbitrary decision since it really does not exclude the possibility of them being added to the reference book. But if you want to single out variants it might be better to just remove all of them.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well its nice to see Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Black being used in the reference book. I was too restrictive in my exclusion of recolours lol

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why do I always think that the reason why they never officially finalized Zombiemon is because of Andromon is already kinda a zombie just resurrected as a cyborg? Or they couldn't of some sort of "redesign" for it, since that happens with winning Digimon from contests.

I imagine it as a non-mechanical Andromon with traits almost resembling that of Lord Raptor from the Darkstalker series.
Here's to hoping that Ghost Game will finally make its debut and proves me wrong that specific Digimon wasn't holding the other one back from appearing.
It makes me wonder if one of the reasons why Zombiemon can't be even used at all, might have to be its design not to look uh... "Gorey"?
As I've noticed Oboromon has some exposed flesh and bone going on (look closely on that horse leg sticking out) that doesn't mean it would stop them from adding that digimon?

Though I'm still sticking to my theory that they don't wanna use it at all cause' of Andromon, I'll wait and wish til the day I'm finally disproven of such thing.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the issue is gore, then redesign it.
Forgot to mention in my post that it was someone from outside the forums that said "I've always wondered how would they make a zombie fit digimon without, well, just looking like a zombie" might be referring to trying to design it without gore-like elements going on.

Though, I have another theory that they might as well forgotten about that Digimon who is one of the winning designs contest existed and is left in the dark for how many years it went through.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Forgot to mention in my post that it was someone from outside the forums that said "I've always wondered how would they make a zombie fit digimon without, well, just looking like a zombie" might be referring to trying to design it without gore-like elements going on.

Though, I have another theory that they might as well forgotten about that Digimon who is one of the winning designs contest existed and is left in the dark for how many years it went through.
I always assumed that Zombiemon would look like a little Mummymon without the bandages - essentially a really emaciated elf with a bad skin condition and probably ragged clothes.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pretty much this. While it is unfortunate that Zombiemon is seemingly forgotten, the same can also be said about PunchNarabimon, HolyDigitamamon, Earthdramon,Technodramon, and some others. Not sure what makes Zombiemon all that special in the grand scheme of things, I guess maybe aside from the fan assumption that it could be a pre-evolution of Mummymon (but frankly, I'd be more interested in Earthdramon potentially completing a set with Airdramon and Seadramon).

Last edited:

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
we already have an idea what a Zombiemon would be like thanks to the Dex versions of Dorugamon and its evolutions

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The people that did Ben 10 did an "sort of" unofficial zombie alien. It didn't look too bad so it should be able to get done. Called it BrainDrain. Not sure if this helps but it might show that it could be done.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, there were also contests for Digimon names. Zombiemon, PunchNarabimon, and BesoBombmon were among those. Kind of lame, but that's Bandai for you.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, there were also contests for Digimon names. Zombiemon, PunchNarabimon, and BesoBombmon were among those. Kind of lame, but that's Bandai for you.
So it was only from a naming contest alongside those two? Aww... Well at least that explains it why it never got used.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given the preview for GG Ep 37, that would be the prefect time for Zombiemon to make it's debut. But, Unfortunately, that's not happening.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After looking at MasterOfTartarus' take on MarineAngemon Blast Mode, did anyone within this thread talked about Blast Modes from Accel also being lost digimon?