The "Lost" Digimon

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon supremacy is real and needs to come to an end. X3GM and X3SD should have never been released with those names. By the way, why isn't anyone asking about the pterasaur digimon? Out of all the different lost digimon from Xros wars mentioned I only care about those with homogeneous or original designs. A frankenstein amalgamation of parts can stay forgotten for all I care. But Panbachimon! This digimon needs recognition and more appearances! What gives?
Panbachimon might the one Digimon Bandai legit doesn’t have the rights to given it was created in collaboration with a talk show.
Hmm… what talk show created PanBachimon, anyway?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon supremacy is real and needs to come to an end. X3GM and X3SD should have never been released with those names. By the way, why isn't anyone asking about the pterasaur digimon? Out of all the different lost digimon from Xros wars mentioned I only care about those with homogeneous or original designs. A frankenstein amalgamation of parts can stay forgotten for all I care. But Panbachimon! This digimon needs recognition and more appearances! What gives?
Panbachimon might the one Digimon Bandai legit doesn’t have the rights to given it was created in collaboration with a talk show.
Hmm… what talk show created PanBachimon, anyway?
“アニメ制作潜入ツアー”

the voice actress was the host and had PanBanchimon drawn to her specifications. It’s unclear what the rights situation for her is.

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most often the Digimon who gets forgotten are those who appear only in one media such as comics and videogames. Although they are not Digimons I would not mind seeing the eaters in other media. Yes, even that one with the questionable design

eatereve.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love if Eaters got represented in the Digimon Card Game in a similar manner to the D-Reaper.
An "EX" set themed around Digimon games in general would make me super excited

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bet Eaters will have Anti-Tamer effects to stop their combos.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those really are crazy looking creatures. ...Put them in with the D-Reapers and they might work.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this sorta came to mind with the recent Digimon Profile on Legend-Arms. Seeing as their whole gimmick is having a weapon form, could there be a potentially suitable Digimon to wield said weapons? And if not, could you see their weapon forms ever appearing in the Reference Book? I mean, I doubt the Dorulu Cannon or the Jet Sparrow would've been included at all if Shoutmon wasn't there to equip them (and I previously suggested Grani and Behemoth getting paired with Dukemon and Beelzebumon for profiles like this). Though, maybe they could pull a Splashmon and just give them multiple images for the same profile. Still, if they did that, the weapon forms would be hard-pressed to appear in any other media, seeing as most of the games and especially the V-pets don't usually allow for an equipment system (least of all one that's visually represented).

I guess for what it's worth, Durandamon and Bryweludramon do get to have their weapon forms wielded by RagnaLordmon. And Spadamon's spear form is used by ShoutmonX4S and ShoutmonX5S (though they're yet more instances of game Digimon who have yet to appear in the Reference Book). However, that still leaves the lower forms of the Zubamon and Ludomon lines. Also, Dynasmon was said to have wielded Armamon, though we never actually get to see Dynasmon equipped with it.

Most often the Digimon who gets forgotten are those who appear only in one media such as comics and videogames. Although they are not Digimons I would not mind seeing the eaters in other media. Yes, even that one with the questionable design

eatereve.png
I wonder if it's possible for Eater Eve (and Eater Legion, for that matter) to exist without having the human bondage incorporated into their designs. Honestly, I didn't even notice Yuuko when I first saw images of Eve, making it just seem like some kind of basic spider-like creature.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love if Eaters got represented in the Digimon Card Game in a similar manner to the D-Reaper.
An "EX" set themed around Digimon games in general would make me super excited
One EX set would not be enough to cover every single game in the franchise and it'd kinda be unfair to lump them all together. At most you could maybe have a Digimon Story collection set but even then prob too many Tamers to cover in one set since each Story game has their own Tamers.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One EX set would not be enough to cover every single game in the franchise and it'd kinda be unfair to lump them all together. At most you could maybe have a Digimon Story collection set but even then prob too many Tamers to cover in one set since each Story game has their own Tamers.
I originally meant to say just any singular Digimon game or series of games like a general Story or World set as a theme would be fun for me but even in a crammed set I would still have fun

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

eatereve.png
Never realized it looked so... SM 👀

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this sorta came to mind with the recent Digimon Profile on Legend-Arms. Seeing as their whole gimmick is having a weapon form, could there be a potentially suitable Digimon to wield said weapons? And if not, could you see their weapon forms ever appearing in the Reference Book? I mean, I doubt the Dorulu Cannon or the Jet Sparrow would've been included at all if Shoutmon wasn't there to equip them (and I previously suggested Grani and Behemoth getting paired with Dukemon and Beelzebumon for profiles like this). Though, maybe they could pull a Splashmon and just give them multiple images for the same profile. Still, if they did that, the weapon forms would be hard-pressed to appear in any other media, seeing as most of the games and especially the V-pets don't usually allow for an equipment system (least of all one that's visually represented).

I guess for what it's worth, Durandamon and Bryweludramon do get to have their weapon forms wielded by RagnaLordmon. And Spadamon's spear form is used by ShoutmonX4S and ShoutmonX5S (though they're yet more instances of game Digimon who have yet to appear in the Reference Book). However, that still leaves the lower forms of the Zubamon and Ludomon lines. Also, Dynasmon was said to have wielded Armamon, though we never actually get to see Dynasmon equipped with it.

eatereve.png
I wonder if it's possible for Eater Eve (and Eater Legion, for that matter) to exist without having the human bondage incorporated into their designs. Honestly, I didn't even notice Yuuko when I first saw images of Eve, making it just seem like some kind of basic spider-like creature.
Talk of weapons in v-pets reminds me of the way the IC handled equipables. They would physically insert the stupid cosmetic hats and stuff on your digimon's sprites, but you couldn't see the equipable weapons they'd carry.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made a spreadsheet of all the digimon that aren't in the reference book and when they last appeared in digimon media. I've ignored any variants that havent appeared since 2015, digimon without any artwork. Probably still missing some. I'm surprised how recently some V-tamer manga digimon appeared. There was a manga back in 2020 which had a cameo of a few of them and crossed over with Digimon Adventure 2020. They arent as lost as I thought...

DigimonLast Appearance (year)Last Appearance (media)
Moonmon2021Adventure 2020
Rockmon2021Adventure 2020 (unnamed cameo)
KingWhamon2021Digimon Card Game
Holy Angemon: Priest Mode2021Digimon Adventure (cameo)
Tinmon2020Digimon Card Game (cameo)
Parallelmon2020Digimon V-Tamer New Courage Manga
Regulumon2020Digimon V-Tamer New Courage Manga
Ulforce V-dramon Future Mode2020Digimon V-Tamer New Courage Manga
Sunmon2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
Arkadimon Baby2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
Arkadimon Adult2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
Arkadimon Perfect2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
Arkadimon Ultimate2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
Arkadimon Super Ultimate2019Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
ShineGreymon Ruin Mode2019Digimon Rearise
Dominimon2018Digimon Twitter
Red Veedramon2017Digimon World Next Order
Kyubimon Silver2017Digimon World Next Order
Taomon Silver2017Digimon World Next Order
Proto Gizmon2014Digimon Crusader
Gizmon AT2014Digimon Crusader
Gizmon XT2014Digimon Crusader
Grand Generamon2014Digimon Crusader
Grey Knightsmon2014Digimon Crusader
Shoutmon X3GM2014Digimon Crusader
Shoutmon X3SD2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Shoutmon X4S2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Shoutmon X5S2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Shademon (Nene Ver.)2011Digimon Xros Wars Manga
Dark Volumon2011Digimon Xros Wars Anime
Hyokomon2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Buraimon2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Butenmon2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Chronomon Holy Mode2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Armamon2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Omega Armamon Burst Mode2011Digimon Story Super Xros Wars
Demon Super Ultimate2011Digimon Jintrix
Panbachimon2010Digimon Xros Wars Anime
Reverse Weddinmon2010Digimon Xros Wars Manga
Chicchimon2010Digimon Story Lost Evolution
Grimmon2007Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight
Chaos Grimmon2007Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight
Exo Grimmon2007Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight
Chronomon Destroy Mode2006Digimon Story
Guidemon2005Digimon Next
Bemmon2003Digimon World 3
Snatchmon2003Digimon World 3
Destromon2003Digimon World 3
Ragnamon2003Digimon World 3
Callismon2002Digimon V-Tamer Manga
Metamormon2002Digimon V-Tamer Manga
Petit Mamon2002Digimon V-Tamer Manga

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made a spreadsheet of all the digimon that aren't in the reference book and when they last appeared in digimon media. I've ignored any variants that havent appeared since 2015, digimon without any artwork. Probably still missing some. I'm surprised how recently some V-tamer manga digimon appeared. There was a manga back in 2020 which had a cameo of a few of them and crossed over with Digimon Adventure 2020. They arent as lost as I thought...

I like the idea of the list, but why the cut off at 2015 for variants? Last year saw a huge addition of old digimon in the reference book, and a lot of them were variants that had not appeared in a long time before 2015. ModokiBetamon, for example, last appeared in 2002/2003 and was added last year.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really don't know what it means to update the reference book since the text seems to stay the same.

Part of me wants them to go back and give them new entrees so we can learn something different about them.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really don't know what it means to update the reference book since the text seems to stay the same.

Part of me wants them to go back and give them new entrees so we can learn something different about them.
I mean, for one thing, it's very nice to see some long obscure Digimon haven't been completely forgotten about. That, and there's quite a bit of ambiguity on what even counts as a unique (or semi-unique) Digimon, so while I can't speak for everyone, I actually find it a pleasant surprise when we get an entry for something like Shoutmon King Ver. Plus, the Digimon Reference Book is the closest thing we have to an (official) comprehensive encyclopedia of Digimon, since the franchise never particularly made any efforts to categorize the numerous monsters the way Pokemon has.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I like the idea of the list, but why the cut off at 2015 for variants? Last year saw a huge addition of old digimon in the reference book, and a lot of them were variants that had not appeared in a long time before 2015. ModokiBetamon, for example, last appeared in 2002/2003 and was added last year.

Mainly because if I didnt have some sort of cut-off for variants, the list would be overwhelmed by them. I decided 2015 because then it would include Digimon World Next 0rder which included a few variants some of which still arent in the reference book. There's also no clear answer as to whether certain variants count as their own digimon or not. Honestly its pretty arbitrary that the fan wikis include recolours which only appeared once in a card as their own digimon but then dont do the same for the Digimon World 3 recolours or that Black Terriermon which appeared once as a toy.

Hyokomon cameos on that sirenmon option card

I have had a look at that card but honestly can't see that Hyokomon that is supposedly in it.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mainly because if I didnt have some sort of cut-off for variants, the list would be overwhelmed by them. I decided 2015 because then it would include Digimon World Next 0rder which included a few variants some of which still arent in the reference book. There's also no clear answer as to whether certain variants count as their own digimon or not. Honestly its pretty arbitrary that the fan wikis include recolours which only appeared once in a card as their own digimon but then dont do the same for the Digimon World 3 recolours or that Black Terriermon which appeared once as a toy.
I'd still argue against Hyper Colosseum's Data Stingmon being a "black" variant.

BTW, Demon Super Ultimate looks like it could be set to appear in New Century at some point.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because Hyper Coliseum actually give its recolors distinct attributes whereas the DW3's recolors are purely palette swaps.

I'd still argue against Hyper Colosseum's Data Stingmon being a "black" variant.
It debuted alongside other Black variants, at least one of which was added to the Encyclopedia, therefore it counts.