The "Lost" Digimon

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just spell the new one in Hiragana like Monzaemon if you have to.
Pretty sure Hiragana is for japanese words only. Rhodonite isn't one.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah no joking. Then people can't use the name "Rhodoniotemon" for the Royal Knight as then the name is taken by the new Gotsumon recolour.
To be fair if you're trying to maintain the pun, LordKnightmon's name would be spelled as RhodoKnightmon rather than Rhodonitemon.

Like this would still be a Mercurymon-Mercuremon situation in terms of pronunciation but even that issue was more the English dub of Frontier renaming Mercuremon to Mercurymon without knowing that the letter name would be used for another Digimon later.

Basically it's another version of the Scorpiomon issue.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean they generally avoid multiple mons having the same name in japanese (which that would be) unless one is an Appmon...

It's LordKnightmon in Japanese.

Just spell the new one in Hiragana like Monzaemon if you have to.
you don't seem to understand that this is an intentional pun, and that the two are written the exact same in japanese.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For how long will the anime continue, by the way? They usually have around 60 episodes, don't they?

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah no joking. Then people can't use the name "Rhodoniotemon" for the Royal Knight as then the name is taken by the new Gotsumon recolour.
To be fair if you're trying to maintain the pun, LordKnightmon's name would be spelled as RhodoKnightmon rather than Rhodonitemon.

Like this would still be a Mercurymon-Mercuremon situation in terms of pronunciation but even that issue was more the English dub of Frontier renaming Mercuremon to Mercurymon without knowing that the letter name would be used for another Digimon later.

Basically it's another version of the Scorpiomon issue.
RhodoKnight is my preferred romanization, but I don't use it much.