The "Lost" Digimon

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glorious and rewarding awakening of all "Lost"mons indeed.

I'm all for Callismon, Lykamon, Hermmon and Panimon maybe this PetitMamon aka Imp twins.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it could be a lower form. Like start to get a full line for it.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pajiramon could use a designated Ultimate.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the wake of all the forgotten mons we are currently getting, i really hope we can get Lykamon and the gang, those are some good lost designs.
yeah. another wolf mega whose not garurumon or not-garurumon, another cool goat, and hermmon could all be really cool proper additions, along with it maybe happening alongside the less-lost-but-still-lost mons from v-tamer.
It would also give a boost to the number of Digimon derived from Greek mythology, which is always cool.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the wake of all the forgotten mons we are currently getting, i really hope we can get Lykamon and the gang, those are some good lost designs.
I like Lykamon and Hermmon. But Panimon is too similiar to Mephismon for my tastes.
To be fair, weren't pretty much all the original villains an artificial modification of an existing Digimon? I know it was at least the case with NeoDevimon and Callismon (based on Devimon and Grizzmon respectively).

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Lykamon and Hermmon. But Panimon is too similiar to Mephismon for my tastes.
To be fair, weren't pretty much all the original villains an artificial modification of an existing Digimon? I know it was at least the case with NeoDevimon and Callismon (based on Devimon and Grizzmon respectively).
Yeah, I always assumed Lykamon, Hermmon, and Panmon were synthetically altered versions of Garurumon, Wizarmon, and Goatmon. Just like those other two.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't consider Citramon "lost" since it's just a BomberNanimon that was censored because in 2005 the U.S. was still sensitive about anything having to do with bombs because of 9/11 2001

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't consider Citramon "lost" since it's just a BomberNanimon that was censored because in 2005 the U.S. was still sensitive about anything having to do with bombs because of 9/11 2001

It was censored because Disney didn't want a Digimon bombing a theme park as they own Disneyland. If he bombed something else they prob would've been fine with the episode. Nothing to do with 9/11

and I honestly quite like Citramon, it's a pretty cool design and he was funny in the dub. I'd like to see him again - he promised he'd be back and be even juicer next time. BomberNanimon is kinda boring, Citramon is more interesting for me.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It was censored because Disney didn't want a Digimon bombing a theme park as they own Disneyland. If he bombed something else they prob would've been fine with the episode. Nothing to do with 9/11
“Blaster man” aka Bombman from Megaman would disagree. I think people forget how censor crazy all non sword violence in anime got in the aughts.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

“Blaster man” aka Bombman from Megaman would disagree. I think people forget how censor crazy all non sword violence in anime got in the aughts.

For "Blaster man" sure, but it had nothing to do with this episode in particular.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Is that so? I never heard that. But being a teenager during those times I heard all the time about how things were being changed because of 9/11. Lilo and Stich, had it's climax changed, swapping out an normal airplane for Gantu's ship, an animated action series called Constant Payne never got greenlit becasue it had similar imagery (and concerns over the animator's pay) and this went on for years, the entire time the Iraq War was going on. I guess I just assumed this was another such case.
Either way the point stand, I wouldn't consider a digimon created out of censorship "lost"

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Is that so? I never heard that. But being a teenager during those times I heard all the time about how things were being changed because of 9/11. Lilo and Stich, had it's climax changed, swapping out an normal airplane for Gantu's ship, an animated action series called Constant Payne never got greenlit becasue it had similar imagery (and concerns over the animator's pay) and this went on for years, the entire time the Iraq War was going on. I guess I just assumed this was another such case.
Either way the point stand, I wouldn't consider a digimon created out of censorship "lost"
i mean, sistermon ciel has generally been treated as a real digimon, not sure why citramon is any different?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ciel got a proper design later on, distinct from the censored Noir. Citramon hasn’t been referenced in Japanese material.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Citramon is definitely 'non-canon'. Cielmon is, she just doesn't have an official Awakened Form.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe eventually. When Sistermon Ciel gets to appear again along with those Sistermon pair for Awakened forms to get their cards.
I hope...?

I hope Sistermon Ciel gets parallel card.

I wonder if Digi-elf/elves will get redesigned as new Digimon because we may have some Digimon with elf ears but never had one real "Elf" Digimon itself. We got Paladin Mode, Warriors, Berserker Warriors, "Sanzomon", and other Warrior classes.

And let's have Digi-Beetle returning, too... I still love it! I view this Digi-Beetle is no different to Trailmon.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Citramon is definitely 'non-canon'. Cielmon is, she just doesn't have an official Awakened Form.
Interestingly enough, neither Noir nor Blanc's Awakened forms are in the Reference Book as of now, despite both having official art. Maybe they could properly introduce Ciel's Awakened form whenever they get added.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interestingly enough, neither Noir nor Blanc's Awakened forms are in the Reference Book as of now, despite both having official art. Maybe they could properly introduce Ciel's Awakened form whenever they get added.
You said it correctly: Cielmon's Awakened form got no official art, while the other two do and are featured in some media like the card-games. While Cielmon's Awakened form is basically a censored Black version. ;)

The reference-book still needs to add the likes of Brachimon or Bacchusmon, so I wouldn't look that much into it. But who knows! Stranger things have happened. Although, honestly? I'd rather focus on the 'safe bets' than the real obscure ones.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, there isn't really a 'safe bet' when we've already gotten: A Digimon from World that wasn't even usable without cheats/hacking, the transportation Digimon from Frontier, three Digimon from DigiWindow, a Child stage for Dokugumon, Knightmon's often forgotten Adult stage, a Xros of Knightmon and Shoutmon X4 whose existence hadn't been acknowledged outside the anime even when Xros Wars was on the air, a Digimon whose biggest role was fucking Tamers that wasn't one of the actual partner Digimon, the remaining two known variants of Numemon, and last but certainly not least a Digimon who was previously exclusive to Digimon Twin L&R.

Yes, three of these aforementioned Digimon were part of that poll of Digimon Bandai intended to add this year but none of these were really what I'd call 'safe bets'.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wonder if Dukemon Chaos Mode will ever get an entry in the DRB. The only thing we've gotten is a toy that was released in North America, which doesn't exactly inspire much hope.