The Great Catastrophe

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now the final episode of Adventure 2020 ended. What were your impressions on the "Great Catastrophe" event? Which event(s) you liked in this Great Catastrophe and post up your likes and dislikes!

Algomon with all forms. Disaster: Unknown if it was independent army or birthed by Negamon. Causing the human world's electronic things related static and malfunctioned. Solved: Koushiro helped and Omegamon magically had it poof with that cape thingy...

Eyesmon/Orochimon/Niddhogmon. Disaster: Birthed by Negamon and caused the human world blackout and transferred the data of their cities and energy to the digital world in order to stack up more data for the sake of Devimon's evo research. Solved: Omegamon's second arrival.

Devimon/NeoDevimon/DoneDevimon. Disaster: Devimon's research and his reinforcements (Gesomon, Gorimon, Solarmon, some hired Tankmons, Calamarimon, Velgrmon, Megadramon, Ogremon, DarkTyranomon, MetalTyranomon, Allomon, Vegiemon, Parrotmon/Crossmon, Valvemon, Minotaurmon, and Troopmon) who rampaged over the digital world also kidnapped Takeru and imprisoned Seraphimon to devolved to Angemon weakened greatly and given security to secure the "Holy" stone ball thingies, lastly his research aims for accelerate the evolutions at the cost of sanity. Solved: WarGreymon

Zurumon. Disaster: Unknown if it was sent by Negamon or Devimon. Caused all ships in the ocean to collisions and crashes. Solved: Sora, Koushiro, Mimi and Jou and digimon partners helped to prevent it.

Soundbirmon/Deathmon. Disaster: Unknown if it was independence from Negamon or Devimon however it was seen tons of Soundbirmon were very active to manipulate wild digimon ones into "evil" like Drimogemon, Dokugumon, Tuskmon and used by Ogremon and Devimon most likely it was observing around. Solved: Ofanimon and Seraphimon

Vadermon cult. Disaster: Tried to resurrect Millenniummon by brought out Mugendramon and worshipped MoonMillenniummon and died. Also they sealed Tailmon in DarkKnightmon in unknown past Solved: Millenniummon's resurrection exploded in light that killed the most Vadermon cults.

Millenniummon/All forms. Disaster: In the past, he had a war against the digital world and most likely killed all Chosen digimon partners and reborned. MoonMillenniummon's dark lightnings caused random wild ones go insane and evolved like Raremon, Ebidramon, etc and ZeedMillenniummon's Chrono Breath left the digital world huge scars and caused most digimon homeless. Solved: WarGreymon's Gaia Force buffed by the lights of "Hope" and "Light" inside the whole digimon population.

Burpmon: Disaster: Tried to eat everything in its path and sent by Negamon and Soundbirmon.
Solved: Overfed and exploded in death.

Negamon/Abaddomon. Disaster: It caused in greater reaction chain of the most disasters and Vadermon, Deathmon, Algomon, and Devimon indirectly joined in same goal, the Destruction/Catastrophe and the root of everything happened from the past great war to the present. Solved: Omegamon Alter S's first apppearance.

It took me longer to realize this "Great Catastrophe" is sorta pretty much "Massive Disaster incoming" genre movie. You know, "2012", "Day after Tomorrow", Or any natural disasters like tornados? Hades, even like Sharkando series movie... No wonder it didn't feel like Adventure 2020 have villains but instead, Butterfly effect led to massive digital disasters to both worlds from Negamon with just... Eating... Consuming whatever it devours.

Let me hear your opinions guys if this Adventure 2020 season actually turned out as it's Rush Hour/Massive Disaster genre?

I felt this vibes. But to be honest, I can't shake off my thoughts so I had to post this.

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
instead of a doomsday scenario it kind of feels like end game content, like you beat a video game, credits roll, and now you get to play the postgame. I think it's because the show played out the doomsday scenario since episode 1 and treated Millenniumon as the biggest bad for so long that lessened the feeling that this is the end of the world we're witnessing rather than "the world is saved but here's bonus story".
We still have 2 more episodes to sell that feeling, though

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, its not like og Adventure's last boss wasn't, you know, ass pulled, literally and figuratively, from nothing.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I had my first post edited.

So what were your huge impressions on this Great Catastrophe event? Likes and dislikes?

Millenniummon/all forms really left me huge impressions. Secondly DoneDevimon's evolution and madness! That is all I can think of.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was quite interesting. Abaddomon just wanted to destroy everything. Darkness was as keen as light on stopping this, as shown by Devimon and DarkKnightmon's shadows.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, its not like og Adventure's last boss wasn't, you know, ass pulled, literally and figuratively, from nothing.
True, but his backstory being the remains of Digimon that died in evolution was good. Of course, that never happened in the anime so it only works if you know that can happen in the vpets. There should’ve at least been one episode where that happens to an npc to foreshadow and establish it.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True, but his backstory being the remains of Digimon that died in evolution was good. Of course, that never happened in the anime so it only works if you know that can happen in the vpets
that was a thing?

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How do I change my title of this post to "Which parts of the Great Catastrophe event you liked"? Look like there is no option to rewrite?

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all these "great catastrophes" are all pretty much typical shounen villains i.e. straight out evil for the sake of it. As characters they are terribly bland and uninteresting with no much of background story for their motives as result I did not care much about them all and the sole reason they were there is to be the punching bag for the protagonists. I kinda liked Danedevimon arc and seeing Millenniummon is really cool but then seeing ZeedMillenniummon gets destroyed by Wargreymon's super saiyan gaia force... Abaddomon arc is at least better and his Chaosmon-esque design which mataches Omegamon really gets my attention lol