The biggest problem with Adventure 2020, imo

Digi-Sohei Shinzou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Texas, USA / Eastern Sector, Digital World
I can honestly say that so far I have loved the reboot. I was a massive fan of the first season of adventure, but really wasn't super keen on 02, and outright didn't enjoy Tri or Kizuna, so I'm thankful to have that part of the slate cleansed for characters who I grew up loving, I feel like it's a needed fresh start after what I consider a dead-end.

My biggest complaint as far as the storyline goes is the timing between evolutions, it seems that the partner Digimon are immediately able to evolve again and again, even after being exhausted from a massive fight just moments before. If there's any time to breath in between battles, the writers have done a poor job of showing that. Agumon goes all the way to WarGreymon, devolves in exhaustion, then what seems like minutes later he's already boxing opponents as Greymon and MetalGreymon again, no rest at all.

That being said, I love this version of the Digital World the chosen children are exploring, it feels like the things I loved most about Adventure 01, Tamers, and Frontier's settings rolled into one and updated with respect to modern network concepts. I love the backstory of the Partner Digimon, how they're the reincarnations of important warriors who have already saved the world once before. I love the way Millenniumon's been teased since Devimon's exit, and how his influence isn't direct, but is pervasive nonetheless.

I enjoy the way they've handled Koushiro's character, being the youngest of the main 6 but having the most responsibility in directing the team, being the de facto leader as such. And I really like the fact that they are teasing that we're going to see the Ultimate evolutions for all 8 partners, something long overdue in the series.

Overall, I think it's a beautiful change of pace, but it keeps the elements of the original series that I particularly valued. Just too fast-paced in terms of constant battle after battle with what seems like no time to recharge.

digigirl02

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That being said, I love this version of the Digital World the chosen children are exploring, it feels like the things I loved most about Adventure 01, Tamers, and Frontier's settings rolled into one and updated with respect to modern network concepts. I love the backstory of the Partner Digimon, how they're the reincarnations of important warriors who have already saved the world once before. I love the way Millenniumon's been teased since Devimon's exit, and how his influence isn't direct, but is pervasive nonetheless.

I enjoy the way they've handled Koushiro's character, being the youngest of the main 6 but having the most responsibility in directing the team, being the de facto leader as such. And I really like the fact that they are teasing that we're going to see the Ultimate evolutions for all 8 partners, something long overdue in the series.
I also liked the fact that they are reincarnations of past warrior. it is a much more interesting concept then after being hatched, they spent all those years waiting for their partners to arrive.

Last edited:

Kamen Rider Slayer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to disagree about this Digital World. Imo, it's the most boring version I've seen in the anime. There are really no locations or cast of characters that are identifiable to the show. Aside from it being a battlefield for more action scenes to take place. The world in Adventure had so many identifiable locations like Primary Village, Frigemon's Island, File Island, Toy Town etc. This show is focused on action it leaves little for actual character.

I don't have any problems with the series, and in fact I think most of people have problems with it only because it's named "Adventure" and not something else. I think people would be more willing to accept certain things (for example that this time around it's more centered on action and less on development and/or drama, or that some characters are more important than other characters) if Digimon Adventure would be named differently like Digimon Burst and set in a different setting.
I honestly don't care the show is different. I wanted that. I don't just it's even all that good at what it wants to be. Even action based toyic shows have character focus and development.

Last edited:

Digi-Sohei Shinzou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Texas, USA / Eastern Sector, Digital World
I have to disagree about this Digital World. Imo, it's the most boring version I've seen in the anime. There are really no locations or cast of characters that are identifiable to the show. Aside from it being a battlefield for more action scenes to take place. The world in Adventure had so many identifiable locations like Primary Village, Frigemon's Island, File Island, Toy Town etc. This show is focused on action it leaves little for actual character.
Your pfp is Takato, so I'm assuming you're familiar with the Digital World as depicted in Tamers, which makes this kind of ironic opinion to me.

Personally, Tamers' world was my favorite depiction in the animes, and I like how this version seems to use its' design as a basis, while incorporating aspects from Adventure 01, the movies, and video games.

Tamers' world was a barren wasteland divided into layers, but beyond that there was no specific locales of interest. We've got continents with very specific locations in this one, even if the writers aren't spoon-feeding us the details. It leaves a lot to the imagination while still fleshing out what's important to the story.

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your pfp is Takato, so I'm assuming you're familiar with the Digital World as depicted in Tamers, which makes this kind of ironic opinion to me.

Personally, Tamers' world was my favorite depiction in the animes, and I like how this version seems to use its' design as a basis, while incorporating aspects from Adventure 01, the movies, and video games.

Tamers' world was a barren wasteland divided into layers, but beyond that there was no specific locales of interest. We've got continents with very specific locations in this one, even if the writers aren't spoon-feeding us the details. It leaves a lot to the imagination while still fleshing out what's important to the story.
I digress a bit but I still find the "it makes the imagination work" argument really weak.

For me it's like saying "does the director's job for him".
You can excuse anything and everything with this kind of reasoning.

What's the point of creating a coherent universe and complex characters if the reader/viewer can do it instead of the writer ?