The banner

The Victory Tamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone else bugged that Tai's WarGreymon and Taichi's UlforceVeedramon are in the wrong order?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. If anything, UlforceV-dramon should be after KaiserGreymon, since it didn't debut until after Frontier had ended.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it works for the greater prominence of the Adventure anime.
Where Ulforce is by date of media debut, or could be by date of character debut works either way.
Out of curiosity, might the banner be modified at some point to include Tri or Appmon?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
having WGM as the frontman makes sense, though i did wonder if Appmon will be added,
i assumed it´s mandatory at some point.

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I imagine Gaiamon could be added for Appmon, and if Tri would be represented maybe Jesmon or Omegamon?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t think anything really needs to be added for Tri. One of these days we’re going to run out of room anyway.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Replace Arresterdramon with the Appmon guy. Season 3 isn't even a new series

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think Ulforce V-dramon should be the very first hero indeed! About Arresterdramon, that's not exactly true. I mean, Hunters is officially the third arc of Xros Wars/Fusion, but Tagiru is a different leader of Taiki just like Daisuke with respect to Taichi. Regarding Appmon, yeah Gaiamon needs to be there rather sooner than later. What I really don't understand, are some weird choices of it. In my opinion:
1) Omegamon should replace War Greymon.
2) Future Mode should replace Ulforce V-dramon.
3) Paladin Mode should replace Fighter Mode.
4) Crimson Mode should replace Dukemon.
5) Susanoomon should replace Kaiser Greymon.
6) Burst Mode should replace Shine Greymon.
7) X7 Superior Mode should replace Omega Shoutmon.
8) Superior Mode (Brave Snatcher) should replace Arresterdramon.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda feel like -not- using their absolute final episode forms was done on purpose. Because... apart from Burst Mode, none of those forms showed up for more than an episode or two. Recognizability is important. I think that's the reason I heard people saying that Globemon was probably going to get on the banner instead of Gaiamon. (I'd prefer Gaiamon myself, but he was only in like 3 episodes, so I can see the argument against it... Gaiamon just has the better design to me.)

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tri. doesn't really need a representative member in the banner, unless they throw in Zubamon's Ultimate in Bokura no Mirai for some reason. However, Gaiamon does need to be there. Spin-off or not, Appmon is still a part of the larger Digimon franchise. Also, when I was looking at the banner in my browser, there was plenty of room on either end, so I don't think space is gonna be a problem anytime soon.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda feel like -not- using their absolute final episode forms was done on purpose. Because... apart from Burst Mode, none of those forms showed up for more than an episode or two. Recognizability is important. I think that's the reason I heard people saying that Globemon was probably going to get on the banner instead of Gaiamon. (I'd prefer Gaiamon myself, but he was only in like 3 episodes, so I can see the argument against it.)
That was my assumption. While I like both designs, I'd slightly prefer Globemon over Gaiamon.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I know this slightly resurrecting an old topic, but I just noticed this: How come Arresterdramon is silhouetted out? Is there gonna be a change in the banner soon or is that a mistake?

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's blacked out on my end too, and now so is Omega Shoutmon.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hrm... that's weird. When it first happened I actually thought it was a tease for Globemon/Gaiamon replacing Arresterdramon but some parts of the silhouette didn't add up and then I noticed that it was simply Arresterdramon blacked out. Now that OmegaShoutmon is blacked out too... I'm beginning to think that it's some kind of countdown with some sort of event/announcement happening once everything is blacked out. The deletions seemed to be 4 days apart... so if that pattern continues for the remaining 8 Digimon the last one will be blacked out by December 9th. Not much of an important Digimon data as far as I know... although it was the date D-1 Tamers was released for the Wonderswan in 2000.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn’t realize it was just Arresterdramon in silhouette and was thinking it was a teaser for Meicrackmon. I hope this is a countdown to a new banner!

I’ve noticed the banner looks like it used to on mobile for me though. Very odd, probably a glitch.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm on my laptop, using the normal format, and nothing on the banner is blacked out for me.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its fine for me, I feel like I'm missing out. I'm on Chrome/Windows ten

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If your browser saved the older version of the file to its cache it will still fetch the it from memory instead of getting the new version from the server, since the name is still "banner.png" (If the image pointed to a differently named file the browsers would have noticed the changed resource instantly).
Try reloading the page with Ctrl+F5 or just empty your browser cache in general to force the browser to fetch the newest file.
That should work unless something really fancy and selective is going on here but I don't really think that's the case...