Teaser for new Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Figuarts Figure

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
figuarstimperialdramon_may27_2021.jpg

Tamashii put up a teaser for a new Digimon Figuarts coming soon.

The silhouette matches the old Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Figuarts exactly.

Imperialdramon Fighter Mode was the first Digimon figure under the Figuarts brand back in 2014. Like Omegamon and Alphamon before, we expect this to be another Premium Color Edition, possibly with some molding tweaks like the prior figures. The teaser is being done to advertise that pre-orders for Alphamon close this weekend.

More news to come

Attachments

• figuarstimperialdramon_may27_2021article.jpg
    figuarstimperialdramon_may27_2021article.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 6,334

Akiruaz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a bit difficult for me read that xd anyway, i hope came that toy for Latin America. Imperialdramon it is one of my favorite digimon

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I wasn't actually expecting this one! I'm curious as to how "premium" they can remake the old one; it was already pretty well colored, and there's not a lot of room for molding changes. Be curious to see how this develops. Either way, glad they're not abandoning the line; I'm okay with one every six months or so.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's just them reusing the old models with new color, right.

Hopefully Susanoomon will follow soon. Or Magnamon. Let's hope this line won't die again.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's just them reusing the old models with new color, right.

Hopefully Susanoomon will follow soon. Or Magnamon. Let's hope this line won't die again.
So far the other two they've released have had additional elements as well. Omnimon had a new cape, and Alphamon has a bunch of new stuff, but the figure molds themselves are more or less the same. Which is why Imperialdramon is a weird choice, since the original figure has basically everything you'd want, so disappointingly this might just end up as a recolor.

The line never really "died", since they use the branding for other themes, they just put it on the backburner while they did Digivolving Spirits (which was discontinued, and then the model kits took over) so it was more a matter of time. I'm hoping for some original models as well, but not really holding my breath.

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is SO bizarre, especially since they JUST rereleased the original version late last year. It's literally in stock brand new at BBTS right now. I picked it up then and am getting a little FOMO right now.

The other releases fixed capes but the wings look to still use the same joint, therefore still being the same. So that's not a change.
The paint apps are already glossy, matte and shiny where they need to be... It comes with all the accessories you could want.
I assume they'll fill in the open hole-type joints as they did with Omegamon?
Otherwise, the only improvements I can imagine for FM are including the Paladin Mode Sword and destroyed wings to recreate the moment before the transformation into PM. The poseability might benefit from changes, but not much. Maybe an effect for the positron laser?

I guess the paint finish might end up using the same tones of sparkly black and whiter gold as the new Alphamon, instead of more yellowy gold and glossy black paint.

Is it possible this is the Tri's Infected Imperialdramon? I doubt it because that one did have a more angular design. It's not PM because no sword.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is SO bizarre, especially since they JUST rereleased the original version late last year. It's literally in stock brand new at BBTS right now. I picked it up then and am getting a little FOMO right now.

The figure has not been re-released in the last few years.

BBTS seemingly found existing stock of various older products while doing a warehouse clean. For Digimon this included Figuarts Imperialdramon and D-Arts Beelzebumon.

FranktimusPrime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they’re gonna keep doing Premium Repaints... can we get a Premium WarGreymon to match the Premium Omegamon?

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could always be Imperialdramon FM Black. They've not really acknowledged it was a thing in a long span of years, but it does exist.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they’re gonna keep doing Premium Repaints... can we get a Premium WarGreymon to match the Premium Omegamon?
My assumption is that since they have the new Figure Rise Standard kit coming soon that they didn't necessarily want to double up, so I doubt we'll see WarGreymon or MetalGarurumon right away. If we're assuming they have SHF molds but not the old D-Arts ones, that leaves Dukemon as the next likely contender, but they could always just do Paladin mode =/
Could always be Imperialdramon FM Black. They've not really acknowledged it was a thing in a long span of years, but it does exist.
Don't get my hopes up lol. I keep wondering if there would be a way to just include those parts as extras; it wouldn't be difficult to include some spare hands/head/tail in a black color, but the upper arms would make it tricky. Or they could release some official art where he just has blue upper arms...

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, with this line being continued, I hope we get MetalGarurumon Our War Game version to complete the series.