Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Various updates regarding the D-Ark and the cards coming out for Tamers 15th.

Some of these we already knew about because of V-Jump or elsewhere, but they've been added to the various pages.

First up, we have a sample of how the D-Ark has had part of the evolution animation added to it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We also get a small sample of some of the 'extra' Digimon that'll be part of it (all of which we've actually known about, but nice to see them listed.)

Image Thumbnail

We also get to see the lineup of cards coming with the card set.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

The D-Ark page at the Premium Bandai store has been updated.

It will be available for pre-order on July 22nd for 9,990 yen and will ship next January.

The page for the cards at Carddass has been updated heavily also.

It will be available for pre-order the same day for 6,480 yen.

Previous news thread with other information can be found here. Feel free to continue any conversations.

Update- Some small additional updates.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

The blue card, red card, and Kazu's blue card will all have the previously mentioned 3d viewing effect (likely lenticular.)

Image Thumbnail

Kazu's card will be scannable, but it avoids mentioning what it will actually do.

Image Thumbnail

It mentions that some of the sticker definitions will have different effects on them (holo, etc.) but it doesn't mention if these will simply be decorations that look like stickers, or actual stickers.

More updates will show up on July 15th.

Update- Thanks to Actar for pointing this out.

Image Thumbnail

The 15th D-Ark will come with plastic reproductions of 3 card game cards and circuit board versions of the blue and red cards.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So have they revealed yet what the two new cards are going to be (assuming they haven't just been referring to the Blue Card and Red Card)?

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the looks of it, the D-ark comes with 5 plastic cards. Is this correct? Are all the cards in the card set made out of plastic?

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the looks of it, the D-ark comes with 5 plastic cards. Is this correct? Are all the cards in the card set made out of plastic?
it would be nice if they were all plastic considering the cards for the Complete Selection Modification Decadriver and Diendriver came with plastic cards; DX version of Diendriver came with card stock cards which get scratched up a lot by the gun itself but with the CSM version being plastic, it doesn't get scratched as much

since we will be able to swipe the cards on the D-Ark, having them plastic would be ideal.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy smokes, is one of the new cards Hirokazu's hand-drawn Blue Card? That did not exist before, right?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy smokes, is one of the new cards Hirokazu's hand-drawn Blue Card? That did not exist before, right?
The 2 new cards are, I believe...

The hand drawn Blue Card.

High Speed Plug In D. If I remember correctly (and looking it up seems to agree with my memory) this card never existed in the card game. It's exactly the same as 'High Speed Plug In B' in every way, including it's card number, except that it says D (a typo when recreating the card asset for the show perhaps?)

That leaves us with the 2 'special illustration' cards left to see (assuming the hand drawn Blue card isn't one of these.)

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why is it that I didn't notice the pre-orders begin on July 22nd, and not June 22nd? I was expecting it to start tomorrow. Back to the cave then... Wake me up in a month!

perignonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh, wait, it's July 22 and not June 22? Pfft. so much for me being excited. oh well!

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If High Speed Plug-In D is a humorous acknowledgement of a typo in the show, that's really cool; I wanna find what episode that supposedly happened now.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting view of the evolution screen replica

I kinda hoped for that screen to show the iconic black & green, but that probably needs too much processing power for the Digivice to handle -- to switch to the black & green screen and back again to play the regular game

Hopefully they'll also take this chance and add another one of those connecting bonuses again, like they advertised for the D-3 to connect with the original Digivice for some more content. Like connect with both and unlock Imperialdramon and Omegamon respectively, or something. Cause that way, it can amp up usage of that "friend" function in battles

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If High Speed Plug-In D is a humorous acknowledgement of a typo in the show, that's really cool; I wanna find what episode that supposedly happened now.
It's used in episode 5 when Terriermon attacks Evilmon.
The normal high speed plug-in B is one of the cards that is used very often but they only misspelled it in this episode (it was correct when it was used in episode 4 and before)

delta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I kinda hoped for that screen to show the iconic black & green, but that probably needs too much processing power for the Digivice to handle -- to switch to the black & green screen and back again to play the regular game

Hopefully they'll also take this chance and add another one of those connecting bonuses again, like they advertised for the D-3 to connect with the original Digivice for some more content. Like connect with both and unlock Imperialdramon and Omegamon respectively, or something. Cause that way, it can amp up usage of that "friend" function in battles
Maybe they can just add some green light behind the screen...And as the LCD screen background is pale green, it is still black and green - somehow?

But in the pic it said that the evolution animation will only appear when a card is slashed during evolution to adult and perfect - how does that work actually? Does that mean there will be another code-entering screen added after pressing the 'shinka' option?

I wonder if this new D-Ark can connect with Digivice, Pendulum and original vpet or not.

Obviously, there should be more to be announced...I especially look forward to the enemies, in previous re-releases the promotions always emphasize anime-accurate bosses...hope it won't let me down.

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

it has nothing to do with processing power. all these digivices save for the xros loader all have the white background with dot matrix in black. basically for it to have the black background with green font, the digivice would have to be in full color.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^^this is what I meant haha my bad. You're totally right

And for that to happen, part of the original D-ark aesthetic will be lost I'm assuming and that's not what they're going for
Plus the dot matrix is probably less expensive to make anways

zhoumai123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: Will there be limited quantities sold like the Ver.15th D-3s or there is No limit on how much can be sold?

Also on the bottom of the page, it saids reservations starts on July 22 and ends July 23? I find that pretty weird, so do you guys think the sale will only last 1 day? o.o

*Sorry, I wanted to post a screenshot of the image but I'm not sure how to ><

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: Will there be limited quantities sold like the Ver.15th D-3s or there is No limit on how much can be sold?

Also on the bottom of the page, it saids reservations starts on July 22 and ends July 23? I find that pretty weird, so do you guys think the sale will only last 1 day? o.o
The quantity is the same as the 15th Digivice and D-3s as I recall.

Orders don't end July 23rd, you've mixed up the numbers.

Orders start July 22nd at 11am.
Orders end October 7th at 23 (11pm.)

zhoumai123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The quantity is the same as the 15th Digivice and D-3s as I recall.

Orders don't end July 23rd, you've mixed up the numbers.

Orders start July 22nd at 11am.
Orders end October 7th at 23 (11pm.)

Oh haha my bad, thanks for the clarification.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't see a "reservation ends here" date for the tin box; I guess we have to wait for the 24th or July 15th when they put out more information.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How does the Card Slash feature work exactly? Does the D-ark identifies the card you slash, or something along those lines? I never understood how the original D-ark functioned.

EDIT: Went looking for that information and saw that it used codes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.