Tamer Cards Masaru, Touma, and Yoshino Previews for Booster Set 4

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. This time it's Tamers cards of the main trio from Savers: Masaru, Touma, and Yoshino!

The main trio from Savers all get Tamers cards in Booster Set 4 with great looking new art! (At least I think it's new.)

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 4 Great Legend is scheduled to release on December 18th

Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

We have clean images for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6! Plus Tamer Battle Pack 2, the 2nd Winner's Card, and the 1st 2 scene vote cards featuring Adventure and 02.

We've also started to get previews from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. It's scheduled for release on December 18th.

We've begun to get info on Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega. It's scheduled for release on February 26th.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact

Attachments

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Marcus Damon
[Start of Turn] If you have 2 or less Memory, set it to 3
[Your Turn] When a Digimon you control whose name contains "Greymon" attacks, you may Suspend this Tamer to get +1 Memory

Thomas H. Norstein
[When Played] <Draw 1>
[Main] If your opponent has 8 or more cards in their hand, you may Suspend this Tamer to Unsuspend 1 of your Digimon whose name contains "Gao"

Fujieda Yoshino
[When Played] Return 1 Digi-Egg card from your Trash to the bottom of your Digi-Egg deck
[Your Turn] When you Digivolve a Digimon into another Digimon from your hand that has a <DigiBurst> effect, you may suspend this Tamer and reduce the Digivolution cost by 1

localizing all the terms on Yoshino made me realize how overused the "Digi" prefix can get in English. It's giving me Digirap flashbacks.
Marcus Damon can Spirit Evolve in this set to go and punch Digimon and I appreciate that.
I heard Thomas has synergy with Ulforce but idk I like his card the worst of the 3. Hopefully my opinion on that changes in the future

Last edited:

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I noticed that the set was also focusing on Digimon Savers, but I still wasn't expecting these. Now I wonder if Takuya and Kouji will be a thing in BT-04.

I mean, Iori and Miyako were unexpectedly cut from BT-03 without having a Red or a Yellow Tamer card, and here we already have one Blue and one Red Tamer.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way they emphasis the H in Thomas H. Norstien in the show always annoyed me lmao. Will we ever learn what the H actually stands for? Henry? Henrietta? Horace? Hudiemon? the world will never know. Now I hope we get a Keenan cards as well, otherwise it'll be annoying having three of the main characters and the last one missing out. I would've thought Marcus would be a Yellow card - but I guess this time round we'll get getting red versions of the 2006 Agumon. And with Yoshi here now I'm *really* curious about if Lotosmon will be here since I guess people would expect Rosemon with Yoshi (maybe the Burst Modes too?). Put both Rosemon and Lotosmon cards and everyone is happy. (If it doesn't represent Lalamon they can have it a bio hybrid I guess, since there's a Darkdramon card in this set already, so Rosemon and Spinomon cards would fit alongside Darkdramon).

Anyway, I'm just glad to see more stuff from outside of Adventure. Still waiting for Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory and Survive cards tho! (and Mameo) but for now, Data Squad pleases me.

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im not an expert on Digimon card Game, but isnt Thomas effect a shit compared to the rest? I Hope im wrong, but in my mind his effect is very difficult to use.
Its normal to have 8 or more cards in your Hand in this game?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, surprised they're revealing the Savers crew before both Tamers and Frontier. :oops:

Marcus is winding up a punch...I wouldn't have it any other way. :giggle:

As for their actual effects, they all have a certain level of context sensitivity but I'd say Fuji is the best since DigiBurst isn't restricted to a line of Digimon like the others are and recycling DigiEggs is certainly helpful. Thomas on the other hand really drew the short straw as a one-time draw and boosting the Gaomon line isn't that great unless you're playing a Gaomon heavy deck. :unsure:

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting the Savers crew in this set, let alone them to be revealed before the Frontier kids. Anyways, let's go through the motions again.

Marcus is definitely my favorite of the bunch here, no questions asked. It being a Memory Tamer on it's own is nice as an alternative to BT-01 Taichi, but I really like that secondary effect. Red generally has a somewhat harder time amassing additional Memory compared to other colors, and we all know the Greymon family is extremely large, so while this does technically lean you towards a specific deck, with how many Greymons that are in the game currently and how many will inevitably be printed in the future, you'll still have a ton of options with Marcus in my opinion.
Yoshino is a neat card, though I'm mostly interested in it's future application then it is right now. Recycling a DigiEgg is nice for both drawn out games and just getting another potential draw off of evolving a Lv3, but that second effect is what really interests me. Sure, Yoshino is in Green considering we've already seen Lalamon and Sunflowmon in the set that both have DigiBurst related effects, but what's neat to me is that both of Yoshino's effects aren't hard locked to Green. Yeah, you're effectively investing for the Memory up front, but reducing the cost of an evolution is a very nice effect to get more plays in a turn that you wouldn't normally be able to pull off, so I'm interested if Yoshino could see play in DigiBurst decks of a variety of colors.
Thomas kinda sucks if I'm honest. Kinda sad about that considering he was the one I was looking forward to most. Sure, you get a Draw 1 and that's nice, but for three Memory you could also just play BT-1 Gabumon and get the same effect alongside a body onto the board to attack or evolve with. Boring Storm sees basically no play, and that's a 1 Cost to Draw 1 Option Card. He does have interactions with the "Gao" family so maybe that'll make the second effect make more sense, because as it stands right now, an effect that's tied to your opponent's hand size is really weird. If it was your own hand I'd probably feel differently since drawing cards is Blue's thing, heck this card itself Draws 1 to replace itself, but ehh...

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Yoshino and Masaru‘s effects a lot, but I can’t help but wish Masaru’s card somehow reflected him punching things in gameplay mechanics.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the Gaomon line might be focused on returning cards to the opponent's hand so the opponent having 8 cards might be tied to Gaomon's effect but I dunno, that still might not be a reliable condition. In a deck with Ulforce Veedramon your Thomases suspending would unsuspend a "Gao" type digimon as well as all of your Ulforce Veedramon and the more of Thomas you have the more Gaos you can unsuspend a turn so it has value there. It's not a bad card but I still like the other two more for now but I feel Thomas is going to do some stupid good stuff for people in the future

DedicatedGazi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with what a lot of other people are saying: no frontier kids? Also, we still haven't gotten any form Tamers either, but we got Guilmon, Impmon, Lopmon, Teriermon. Well, technically speaking we also got Leomon and Gaurdromon. The tamer selection makes no sense.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just glad to see any Tamer cards that aren't based on Adventure 2020. This is new art of Masaru and company, isn't it?

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with what a lot of other people are saying: no frontier kids? Also, we still haven't gotten any form Tamers either, but we got Guilmon, Impmon, Lopmon, Teriermon. Well, technically speaking we also got Leomon and Gaurdromon. The tamer selection makes no sense.
The tamer selection makes sense if there is gao, geogrey and lalamon lines.
You just would prefer other tamers instead.

Would be awesome to have more savers tamers in a future, the pawnchess Girls, Richard, the old man with kamemon, kurata with an "artificial" digimons oriented deck.

The bio-hybrids fit so well with the Frontier thematic in this booster.

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking forward to Thomas. My current blue deck uses both Cocytus Breath and Ray of Victory, causing my opponent to always have a load of cards in their hand. The sucky part is I could never take advantage of the opponent having a lot of cards. Until now, at least.

Blue has several cards already that send monsters back to the opponent's hand, and I assume the Gaomons will make this even easier. Under normal conditions, the opponent will reach 8 cards in hand by turn 3 if they aren't hard casting. (And if they're hard casting, they're usually already at disadvantage and giving you memory. Best to develop strategies against the opponent at their best.)

rmzy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, are there any unexpected Digimon that get caught in the “Gao” verbiage? Surely it’s not just the actual Gaomon line.

That said, I’m super happy to see these guys. And like others have said, I’m also shocked that they’re showing up before the Tamers or Frontier crew. Now I’m just hoping that Ikuto isn’t left behind like Iori and Miyako were.

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, are there any unexpected Digimon that get caught in the “Gao” verbiage? Surely it’s not just the actual Gaomon line.
There is actually Gaossmon lol. I'm pretty shure there aren't other cases (counting also the black line of course).

DedicatedGazi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The tamer selection makes sense if there is gao, geogrey and lalamon lines.
You just would prefer other tamers instead.
In union impact we got Guil, lop, imp, and terrier lines, but no tamers to correspond. Furthermore, we got the Geogrey line already, and Marcus is just now showing up. So it doesn't really make sense that way I mean.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think what threw everyone for a loop here were the Hybrid cards mechanics of evolving from Tamers, which would imply the presence of the Frontier kids. But if we only get the Flame and Light lines in this set, we'll probably still get Takuya and Koji.

EDIT: Just saw the cards numbering, which excludes Takuya, so we'll probably not get any Frontier kids? This is really weird.

Last edited:

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Hybrid cards, Thomas can work as a second Gabumon (Play -> Draw 1) in spirit decks. Additionally, KendoGarurumon's effect synergizes well with the return-to-hand strategy. I feel like people are sleeping on Thomas. Yoshino seems worse to me personally as there are already better options to evolve without consuming memory, with low cost green cards, digi-absorption, and hidden potential.

Of course things can change as more cards get revealed as well as that Thomas fully depends on MirageGaogamon being good in order to be playable.

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is actually Gaossmon lol. I'm pretty shure there aren't other cases (counting also the black line of course).
LOL, Gaossmon could be a good one xD, They could make a BlackGaomon and BlackMirageGaogamon to complete the black lines and give Thomas card more interactions, BlackGaoga and BlackMachGaoga were created for a card game too, soooo....

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
LOL, Gaossmon could be a good one xD, They could make a BlackGaomon and BlackMirageGaogamon to complete the black lines and give Thomas card more interactions, BlackGaoga and BlackMachGaoga were created for a card game too, soooo....
Yeah, maybe. The day they will reveal a new Digimon via this game I'll be super excited.