Tamer Card Takumi Preview for Booster Set 5

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Super hyped that takumi and nokia are getting cards, hopefully all the main characters from cyber sleuth and hackers memory can get cards eventually, definitely want a yuugo, yuuko, arata, keisuke and Yu/K card’s

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would Pulsemon be a partner for Takumi Aiba if they made the cards that is.
The card game doesn't have assigned partners. If it did, probably not, because Pulsemon wasn't in Cyber Sleuth.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wish it did though it looks perfect.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very clever making him a white card since he doesn't have a singular canonical Partner.
Technically, I think it's a World 2 case where side material says his partners are the three initial choices as Ultimates? I'm not sure though. It'll depend on whether or not he shows up in future games, I guess.

His partner is absolutely Alphamon though, they got on like a house on fire.
In the Manga Takumi gets all three of Terriermon, Hagurumon, and Palmon and they evolve to Gargomon, Guadromon, and Togemon during the one shot.

In the game itself, you fight a clone of yourself during the Master Cup (with no explanation as to why this clone exists, it just does) and it has MegaGargomon, HiAndromon, and Rosemon.

So the "canon", if you want to call it that, is that Aiba actually gets all three starters. (Same for Keisuke in the HM manga).
That's why I said "singular."
Aiba's partners are spread across several colors. This is different from, say, Koh from Digimon World Dawn who more or less has Apollomon as his "canon" partner, so if he had a card it would most likely be just be the same color as that card, dispute the fact that he has other partners in-game.

Last edited:

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yes, if Aiba found a Pulsemon it would be one of his 60 partners for sure
Only if it had Piercing, he has to kill Eaters fast and non-piercing attacks too slow.
You forget Pulsemon is like the fastest rookie in VB with attacks elec Rush and Petit Impulse, and its champions like Bulkmon and Runnermon have attacks Thunder Dread, Lighting Rush, and Heartbeat Impulse what look like can be Piercing.