Tamer Card Nokia Preview for Booster Set 5

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega. This time we get Nokia!

Not a huge surprise for her to show up in the Omega booster after we got Takumi earlier! Nokia is another white Tamer card, and her art is her pre-existing profile artwork from Cyber Sleuth by Suzuhito Yasuda. It has a nice minimal style background applied to it.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega is scheduled to release on February 26th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 5:

We have clean card images for Booster Set 4 Great Legend.

We also have begun to get details about Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, including our first look at art via DigiNavi!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards

Attachments

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, not a surprise. She was bound to get in eventually, especially since this is the Garurugreymon set.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ayy, it was Nokia after all and she's White as well.

Naturally since she has canon partner(s) she gets Agumon/Gabumon *and* Greymon/Garurumon/Omegamon support. Extremely good if you're playing that sort of Deck, otherwise she's literally garbage level. :ROFLMAO:

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Off course she’s in this Booster Set.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nokia Shiramine
[When Played] If you have a "Gabumon" or "Agumon" card in your hand, you may play that card without paying its cost
[Main] When a digimon you own digivolves into a digimon whose name contains "Greymon" "Garurumon" or "Omnimon", you may suspend this tamer to reduce the cost by 1
[Security] Play this card without paying its cost

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyber Sleuth representing. Hacker's Memory next plz

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes Please! Great that they're breaking the monotony and adding more Game characters! Hope that trend continues

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interestingly, Aiba/Nokia's card numbering seems to indicate they did not take the place of any of the normal Colour Tamer card placement in the Set (that being numbers '84-90). Thus we could still potentially see a handful of Xros Wars Tamers alongside Sora and Takeru who I believe are the last remaining Adventure: characters to receive an alternate Colour (I'm predicting a Blue Takeru in particular because of the Blue Angemon line in the last Set.)

Food for thought. :unsure:

--EDIT--
Then again, we were totally expecting the Frontier kids in the last Set only to get the Savers crew out of left field, so maybe I shouldn't go running my mouth. Maybe we'll get the Tamers kids because why not? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With these Cyber Sleuth cards, and Taiga's card a while ago, I'm wondering if we'll eventually get cards for the older games, or if they'll stick with the recent popular stuff. Maybe there might be Survive cards near the game's release, whenever the heck that is.

And maybe more manga cards too? But I wonder how the rights to those work. With V-Tamer, it seems Izawa owns almost anything created for that. Like, they had to remove Future Mode from Masters, and Hacker's Memory needed permission to use Arkadimon. Doesn't that kind of imply that maybe Hamazaki owns the Next characters, or that Nakashima owns Kotone? It would explain why, for example, Guidemon hasn't seen after Next even in a cameo. Do we have any idea about the rights involving manga-original content?

Then again, we were totally expecting the Frontier kids in the last Set only to get the Savers crew out of left field, so maybe I shouldn't go running my mouth. Maybe we'll get the Tamers kids because why not? :ROFLMAO:
Maybe the Appli Monsters kids? I believe we'll get them at some point this year because it's that series's 5th anniversary.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the Appli Monsters kids?
While it's not impossible that we'll get Applimon stuff eventually, it would be advertised beforehand. They're definitely not just going to drop it in a frigging Omegamon set.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we're getting anything besides Adventure: and Cyber Sleuth Tamer cards, it'll be Xros Wars since we know Shoutmon will be in this set. Even then, I think they'll stick to just Adventure: and CS, we've never seen any set use characters from more than two parts of the franchise before even when it would've made sense to.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't be surprised if there were supposed to be Survive Tamer cards already and they switched them out following the delay. Labramon, Falcomon, Floramon, and Kunemon were in BT-4. Dracmon was in the Purple starter deck that came out at the same time, whilst Agumon was in the Black one. So that was 6 of the 8 partners released as cards at the end of the year.

Lopmon was in BT-03 (so this one doesnt really count, since it was a while before), whilst Syakomon doesn't yet have a card.

With most of the Survive rookies also in the Pen Z and all of this content came out in November/December 2020 it seems likely to me Survive was supposed to release in November/December with the cards and V-Pets featuring the game's cast to promote it. Labramon was barely used for a long time, was announced for Survive, then was in the card set+vpet in nov/dec 2020 round the time Survive was probably going to release? hmmm

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After Taiga, Rina, Takumi, and now Nokia, I want to see Mameo, Akira, Atshusi to come back in cards. Well, Mameo is most likely.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Keisuke, K/Yu, Mirei...