MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster7susanoomon_august15_2021.jpg
booster7ancientevolution_august15_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 7 New Adventure. This time it's Susanoomon & Ancient Evolution.

Susanoomon we got a preview of from a magazine previously, but the final card is rather fantastic looking, along with a new rainbow 'all/any color' evolution badge. On top of that, Ancient Evolution, features Agnimon, plus the 10 ancient legendary warriors behind him. Ancient Evolution has the same name as an old Hyper Colosseum card, but it appears it's less a reference, and more just an obvious card name for a set with a large focus on Frontier.

Previous Previews of Booster 7:

Booster 7 Next Adventure will be out on August 27th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards!

We've also gotten early details for Booster Set 7 New Adventure!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 16,991

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Susanoomon can either be played for 15 memory or digivolved from any Lv.6 gay digimon for 7 memory!

Susanoomon
By placing 10 Tamer cards or Digimon cards with [Hybrid] in their traits from your hand and/or trash to the bottom of your deck in any order, you can digivolve this card in your hand onto a Tamer you have in play as if that Tamer were a Lv.6 Digimon.
<Security Attack+2>
[When Digivolving] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

Ancient Evolution
You can play this card while ignoring its color requirements if you have a [Hybrid] Digimon in play.
[Main] 1 of your Lv.4 Digimon can digivolve into a [10 Legendary Warrior] Digimon card in your hand with the same color by paying its digivolution cost and ignoring it's Level requirements.
Security: Add this card to your hand.

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taste the rainbow! I really love that they didn’t just repeat Omegamon and have it Evolve from only Red & Blue. Ten Tamer cards is a hefty condition though, probably would be easier just to evolve it normally.

That Option card seems stupidly good, especially as a way for the Digimon without Fusion Hybrids to get to their Ancient counterparts quicker and cheaper.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very interesting. I was wondering how they would handle Susanoomon's evolution, since making him evolve from Red-Blue would exclude most of the other Hybrids.

The Option card just now made me realize that the Hybrids don't have their own group category in the Card Game, though I guess Hybrid-level already serves as a group indicator, considering how exclusive it is.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Totally awesome... Nice nice. Loved those card effects! Totally easy to play!

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
along with a new rainbow 'all/any color' evolution badge.
So, I'm just going to try to be absolutely certain here, but I don't see any black in that bubble outside of the outline. It IS supposed to be from all colors, and not just Red/Yellow/Blue/Green/Purple, right?

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
along with a new rainbow 'all/any color' evolution badge.
So, I'm just going to try to be absolutely certain here, but I don't see any black in that bubble outside of the outline. It IS supposed to be from all colors, and not just Red/Yellow/Blue/Green/Purple, right?
I think there is a thin black (or dark) band after the purple one. You can see it better if you zoom in. They probably decided not to make it too large to keep the rainbow effect.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Id love if they removed Agnimon and just let us have the Legendary 10 >W<
That card is so pwetty omg lol

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taste the rainbow! I really love that they didn’t just repeat Omegamon and have it Evolve from only Red & Blue. Ten Tamer cards is a hefty condition though, probably would be easier just to evolve it normally.
It's 10 Tamers and Hybrids from hand and trash, which is very doable in red, blue, and even purple. Using Takuya to warp to Kaiser requires 5 Hybrids in trash, and ultimately, if your Kaiser was deleted, that one stack would be 1 Tamer and 6 Hybrids in the trash.

Unrelated to that point, but still relevant, is the fact that Kaiser, if it doesn't get deleted but Blocked instead, would get 1 memory for each Hybrid in the stack, so Takuya's warp would net you a guaranteed 5 memory. Susanoomon would just be a 2 cost evolution in a sense.

MaganG is similar in that its effect returns your source cards to your hand to bounce away your opponent's Digimon, which would set you up for Susanoomon as well to use cards in your hand. It's a control variant in that sense, so there's some nice potential there.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I think about it, can Susanoomon evolve from White? There are plenty of White Lv.6's (or rather, two of them).

Probably not, since unlike Black, there's no white band in that rainbow gradient (there is white in the font and borders, but I'm pretty sure they don't count).

Last edited:

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I think about it, can Susanoomon evolve from White? There are plenty of White Lv.6's.

Probably not, since unlike Black, there's no white band in that rainbow gradient (there is white in the font and borders, but I'm pretty sure they don't count).
Doesn’t seem to be the case. It seems to be only Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Purple/Black. Probaby Red for AncientGreymon and his spirits. Blue for AncientGarurumon, AncientMegatheriumon, Ancientmermaimon, and their respective spirits. Yellow for AncientIrismon and her spirits. Green for AncientBeatmon, AncientTroiamon, and their spirits. Purple for AncientSphinxmon and his spirits.

I see AncientVolcamon and his spirits being black or red. While AncientWisemon and his spirits will probably be black or purple. One of them at least will have to be Black.

If I’m correct a Blue Spirit/Hybrid/Warriors Ten deck will be potentially quite strong. These could end up being quite fun decks.

Lalo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I think about it, can Susanoomon evolve from White? There are plenty of White Lv.6's.

Doesn’t seem to be the case. It seems to be only Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Purple/Black. Probaby Red for AncientGreymon and his spirits. Blue for AncientGarurumon, AncientMegatheriumon, Ancientmermaimon, and their respective spirits. Yellow for AncientIrismon and her spirits. Green for AncientBeatmon, AncientTroiamon, and their spirits. Purple for AncientSphinxmon and his spirits.

I see AncientVolcamon and his spirits being black or red. While AncientWisemon and his spirits will probably be black or purple. One of them at least will have to be Black.

If I’m correct a Blue Spirit/Hybrid/Warriors Ten deck will be potentially quite strong. These could end up being quite fun decks.
I think you're focusing too much on what the symbol looks like rather than what it represents: all colors. But until we get a ruling on the symbol the question is moot. Either Bandai wants White to count there, or they don't.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the artwork on both of these! As a Frontier fan, loving this set!

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now just to wait for lucemon sm

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I think you're focusing too much on what the symbol looks like rather than what it represents: all colors. But until we get a ruling on the symbol the question is moot. Either Bandai wants White to count there, or they don't.
Yes, because how it looks is the whole point of it. It's not a figurative representation. It's a literal representation. Red is red. Blue is blue.

If they wanted to just have a generic rainbow to be a figurative representation, they wouldn't have given Black (which is obviously not a part of the standard rainbow gradient) its own band too

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yes, because how it looks is the whole point of it. It's not a figurative representation. It's a literal representation. Red is red. Blue is blue.

If they wanted to just have a generic rainbow to be a figurative representation, they wouldn't have given Black (which is obviously not a part of the standard rainbow gradient) its own band too
It’s exactly as YongYoKyo wrote at the end and what I tried to explain. The symbol is supposed to be a literal representation. The colors that can be used to evolve into Susanoomon are presented to us. This is not a generic rainbow symbolizing all or any color, it is the six card colors. Meaning that any Lv 6 of these six colors can go to Susanoomon. If white could be used it would of been represented as a White color band like all the other six colors were.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By that logic, it also clearly demonstrates that they're planning to introduce Orange cards in this set.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always thought that they should have wrote somewhere off to the side the colors on a card because color blind people probably don't have it easy with this game

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By that logic, it also clearly demonstrates that they're planning to introduce Orange cards in this set.
Orange doesn't have quite a clear-cut band. It only exists as transitional gradient between Red and Yellow, in the same way that "Lime Green," "Teal," "Indigo," and unsaturated "Purple-Grey" are all technically part of the gradient too.

Even then, they're at least part of the symbol, leaving it open-ended for additions. On the other hand, White is just completely excluded from it. There's nothing open about it. It's simply not a part of the symbol (outside of the font, which obviously doesn't count).