MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
npd1_all_august19_2022.jpg
npd2_nintendo_august19_2022.jpg

The NPD Group (2) has put out data for video game market results for July, and Digimon Survive made a few appearances.

In the overall chart of dollar sales for the US Digimon Survive was 8th place, while on the Nintendo platform charts it was 9th.

Exact sales and dollar amounts aren't available, but it shows the game ranking decently, with two oddities.

Bandai-Namco is one of the publishers which provides digital sales data to NPD, bumping Survive on the rankings a bit. (On both charts, if there is a * or ^ next to the game name, it means some or all digital sales aren't included in the game getting the chart position.)

In addition to that, the second oddity is the game came out at the end of July, so it only had the period of roughly a weekend to achieve any chart position.

Japanese chart data from Famitsu (2) showed that week 1 sales of Survive in Japan had it selling 28,536 copies on Switch and 7,757 cioues on PS4 and hitting place 2 and 12 in the charts respectively. In t he 2 weeks switch the Switch version has sold roughly 7,000 more copies for a total of 35,480.

Attachments

• survive_cleansmall_finalkeyart_april24_2020.jpg
    survive_cleansmall_finalkeyart_april24_2020.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 6,595

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I want to know is, how the hell was July such an incredible month for already existing Nintendo exclusives in Japan? And so far it looks like it's doing better than other games that came out in July in the US. Like Klonoa or even Live-a-live.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good to see that it's selling, at least.
What I want to know is, how the hell was July such an incredible month for already existing Nintendo exclusives in Japan? And so far it looks like it's doing better than other games that came out in July in the US. Like Klonoa or even Live-a-live.
As much as I love Live-A-Live, it's ultimately still a cult hit, and even giving Klonoa that title would be too much because it's a game series that consistently makes amazing games and then watches as literally none of them sell.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese sales are really bad, even with them just being disc sales.

The overall sales are kinda meh too when there's only two new games in that time period and Survive is 8th. 3 counting multiversus but that's a freemium game so will have millions of downloads. So bad sale totals overall for Survive the older games one PS4 did better

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is hard to know how good or bad Survive is doing without knowing what sales Bandai expected Survive to hit at all. But being on top 10 of month sales don't seem too bad.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese sales are really bad, even with them just being disc sales.

The overall sales are kinda meh too when there's only two new games in that time period and Survive is 8th. 3 counting multiversus but that's a freemium game so will have millions of downloads. So bad sale totals overall for Survive the older games one PS4 did better
I mean... Not necessarily. The sales seem to be well within bandai's expectations, as according to famitsu they sold around 70% of their stock on either console in Japan. Also there's more than just Xenoblade Chronicles. There's also Live-a-live, Klonoa, stray, etc... And as you can see, Digimon Survive beat all of those in the US. Except live a live on switch which is only one spot above Digimon. Not to mention it only had like... 3 days as opposed to the entire month.

sunnyseeds

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's safe to say none of us expected it to do super well, so these results are sadly unsurprising.
What I am curious about, though, is how well it's selling compared to other Digimon games. I'm hoping it did relatively better so that Bandai takes note.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's safe to say none of us expected it to do super well, so these results are sadly unsurprising.
What I am curious about, though, is how well it's selling compared to other Digimon games. I'm hoping it did relatively better so that Bandai takes note.
It definitely didn't do as well as the the cyber sleuth games. It probably did around the same as next order or more

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It definitely didn't do as well as the the cyber sleuth games. It probably did around the same as next order or more
We have Next Order's week one sales

64,218 on vita

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have Next Order's week one sales

64,218 on vita
Yeah, that's only for the PSVita version. And digital sales are a lot more common now than in 2016

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they're top 10. We probably didn't expect it to get as much as something like Cyber Sleuth.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
should have been $40 or less. Asking $60 for a visual novel was just stupid honestly

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have you seen the other ones on the eShop. I think a lot of them are. I'm not sure because I mostly just screenshot them to point them out.