MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Survive update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Survive website has updated with Part 2 of the story elements, along with some new character details. A lot of this is expanded on prior information we had.

First up, the story update!

Part 2: The children have a new encounter and impending danger.

Takuma and co. visit the shrine from the legend of the Kemonogami. Fog surrounds the shrine, giving it an eerie atmosphere, as if they are in an entirely different world.

Takuma and co split up to investigate the shrine when a strange monster shows itself before Takuma from behind the bushes.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The monster calls himself Koromon and says that he feels like he's known Takuma from long ago. Takuma is confused over Koromon, but a scream from his friends brings him back to his senses.

When they run towards the screams, they find a different monster attacking his friends. As the children desperately search for a place to hide, the fog thickens around them...

And then we get some more detailed profile info for Ryou and Kunemon along with clean artwork and screenshots!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Ryou Tominaga- 3rd year middle schooler from another school who attends the extracurricular camp. He refuses to accept the fact that he's been transported to another world and even is fearful of Kunemon, harboring disgust for him. He puts up a tough front to hide his fear, but is unable to keep even that up for very long and reveals more and more of his cowardly nature.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kunemon- A larva monster with lightning marks all over his body. He can't speak human speech but appears to understand Ryou and the other humans.

And we previously got the names of the VAs for Ryou and Kunemon:
Ryou is voiced by Yohei Azakami- Deathpierce in Seven Deadly Sins, plus a bunch of smaller roles (and Ezekiel Stane in a recent Marvel anime.)
Kunemon is voiced by Ryohei Arai- Toshiie in Battle Spirits Burning Soul along with a lot of other smaller roles.

Much of the information here add to and further details elements from V-Jump and Famitsu, but it's further clarifying early story details, along with what Ryou's part in the story will be. It'll be interesting to see who they detail next.

Thanks to onkei for translations.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow dang he hates Kunemon? maybe he'll become nicer later. sounds like he might be a villian for a while then turn nicer... hopefully.

or is the first to die and it'll be canon. that'll be someone, and it's usually the coward character in these games...

anyway, nice to get his official art finally!

Now give us Saki and Floramon (if she hasn't been retconned to Palmon) gosh darn it.

Last edited:

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ryou relationship with Kunemon reminds me in a way of how Joe was with Pukamon but on a far worse extent since he was fearful of his partner but not disgusted and i never really viewed Joe as a coward since to me he did some pretty intense stuff that i would be hesitant about though depending on the choices i feel he will be a likeable character.

Can't wait for the release date and what will be the final boss.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ryou reeks of death omen upon him... But it could be another same event happened to this Survive human group just like Cyber Sleuth as children who are usually known to not to remember very well of their past memories.

I have a sad feeling about Kunemon, it may will not have new evo. It's probably just like other Child ones who took the turns to shine: Hagurumon, Betamon, Gottsumon etc who turned out as your normal partners with no meanings at beginning. If that's the case... But I think Ryou probably will be the "crybaby" role but it's more of... Jerk coward. Interesting to see a human partner being fearful of his Digimon not only that, Kunemon lacked face emotions so maybe he is just like Gaomon, loyal one who keep nodding and listen strictly or not?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Assuming it is possible to save Ryou then I totally see a similar situation to Ken/Wormon where Kunemon will sacrifice itself for the group and that'll teach Ryou to become a better person or something.

I do wonder if Survive will go all the way and have characters turn against you depending on the decisions you make and you have to fight them or something.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In DeSu 2 the only character I intentionally left to die was Keita Wakui. If this Ryou will be as annoying as Keita, we very quickly will part ways. Though Ryou might not survive that...

I do wonder if Survive will go all the way and have characters turn against you depending on the decisions you make and you have to fight them or something.
I'm pretty sure Minoru will be a second Atsubro ;).

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ryou reeks of death omen upon him... But it could be another same event happened to this Survive human group just like Cyber Sleuth as children who are usually known to not to remember very well of their past memories.

I have a sad feeling about Kunemon, it may will not have new evo. It's probably just like other Child ones who took the turns to shine: Hagurumon, Betamon, Gottsumon etc who turned out as your normal partners with no meanings at beginning. If that's the case... But I think Ryou probably will be the "crybaby" role but it's more of... Jerk coward. Interesting to see a human partner being fearful of his Digimon not only that, Kunemon lacked face emotions so maybe he is just like Gaomon, loyal one who keep nodding and listen strictly or not?
I definitely wish we'd get more new forms for old Digimon in these games, even if they're one offs (like a hypothetical Perfect Flymon). Hopefully there will be more than just a single Hudiemon in Survive.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The more I see, the more I'm intrigued:D

And yeah, Ryou does feel like the kind of character that'd be the first victim. Either that or he'll be the "Yeah, he's a jerk, but he's OUR jerk" kinda character.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That guy does have flags but we can't seem to agree on if it's death or evil flags. heh heh