MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Survive updates!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We have a few different Survive updates. A big focus is on Saki this time, and gives us quite a bit more, including expansions on prior information we had.

The story details are new though, so let's go ahead and start there...

A camp that is boring for a girl suddenly changes and becomes an unexpected trial!

Saki is a middle school girl known for her lovely appearance and outspoken conduct.

While she participated in the camp to make memories with friends, none of her friends joined. While she looks popular, her friends see her as bothersome and cast her aside.

As if to get her mind off of that fact, she approaches Takuma and his friends. They step foot into the off-limits shrine out of curiosity, but end up wandering into another world together.

With her everyday life striped away, the strength of the girl’s heart will be challenged!

We also get quite a bit more detail for Saki and Floramon than we did in V-Jump.

Saki Kimijima is voiced by Minami Takahashi (probably best known as Megumi Tadokoro in Food Wars.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A first-year middle school girl who participates in the extracurricular camp. She has a freewheeling and honest personality in that she clearly says whatever it is she wants to say. A girl who stresses her feelings for better or worse, her personality remains unchanged even when she wanders into another world, and saying exactly what is on her mind may lead to friction against others… She is unable to accept death as a reality, and believes everything is going to be alright.

Floramon is voiced by Shino Shimoji (probably best known as Akari Ozora in Aikatsu.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While categorized as a Plant-type, she is an unusual Digimon that evolved like a reptile. She is a friend to Saki, and her refreshing personality is an excellent match for the middle schooler.

We finish with a bit more of the Free Action system...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Deepen Your Bonds with Friends through “Free Action”

During “Drama Parts,” which progress as a text adventure and tell the game’s story, two situations will occur: “Search Action,” where you search for a way to survive in a crisis situation, and “Free Action,” where you will choose where to go and who to talk to within a limited window of time.

During Free Action, your group of friends will disperse and act individually. By choosing an area from the map and talking to your friends in that area, you can learn new information and the problems your friends are dealing with, which will deepen your bonds.

There are also places where you can go during Free Action where you can enter “Free Battle” to train your Digimon and collect items.

The story and character stuff is a bit more interesting for Saki than what we had for her before, and the clean look at the character art is much better than the prior V-Jump images (initially it looked like a new hair cut for example, rather than the wind just blowing.) The Free Action stuff has new details that clarify things we had largely known about, but still nice to have.

Thanks to Gematsu for the information and translations (note- a typo on the name of Saki's VA was fixed.) The images are from the new Saki and Floramon page on the Survive website.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Saki is basically a deconstructed Mimi.

Also I just noticed her outfit is modelled after Floramon. That's a neat detail!

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saki looks like one of the more interesting characters personally, hope she doesn't meet a terrible end~ ;_;

Katsu Hikaru

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saki is definitely the most interesting character by far honestly very curious what all their mega forms for their partners will be. I would prefer if Agumon got one of the less used final Greymon forms like Ancientgreymon or Victorygreymon but i know for sure they will most likely give him Wargreymon.

I also completely forgot that Agumon is technically the only one out of all of the main characters Digimon to have a natural line makes me wonder if what they have planned for them.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saki is definitely the most interesting character by far honestly very curious what all their mega forms for their partners will be. I would prefer if Agumon got one of the less used final Greymon forms like Ancientgreymon or Victorygreymon but i know for sure they will most likely give him Wargreymon.

I also completely forgot that Agumon is technically the only one out of all of the main characters Digimon to have a natural line makes me wonder if what they have planned for them.
Saki's desceiption of being unablw to accwpt death makes me imagine what if Floramon became a Raffliesaimon who actually died in a few days after her evolution like her peofile says.

When it comes to evolutions I wonder if they will choose everything from the same type of animal or if it will get weird like Digimon evolutions can be.

Im hoping we see a patern of underused Digimon even for Agumon. I'd like to see Brachimon and Cannondramon, Orange Growmon, Orangw MegaloGrowmon and Spinomon because they look so much like Agumon or Greymon already and are kind underused. Especially Brachimon. And I wonder if Kizuni's new Greymon will appear for cross merchandising reasons.

Katsu Hikaru

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saki's desceiption of being unablw to accwpt death makes me imagine what if Floramon became a Raffliesaimon who actually died in a few days after her evolution like her peofile says.

When it comes to evolutions I wonder if they will choose everything from the same type of animal or if it will get weird like Digimon evolutions can be.

Im hoping we see a patern of underused Digimon even for Agumon. I'd like to see Brachimon and Cannondramon, Orange Growmon, Orangw MegaloGrowmon and Spinomon because they look so much like Agumon or Greymon already and are kind underused. Especially Brachimon. And I wonder if Kizuni's new Greymon will appear for cross merchandising reasons.
That would be a really nice twist to the story of a Digimon getting Reincarnated into a different line since that really doesn't happen often i also do hope it's worth the wait would honestly prefer if they got their own mega forms like Pumpkinmon since i really don't like it when digimon don't have complete evolution lines.

It was kind of implied we will have some weird evolution unless they change it because if i remember correctly Palmon digivole to Garurumon in one trailer and i think Falcomon digivole to Metalgreymon.

Not going to lie i would love to see Orange Growlmon get a Orange Dukemon out of all the recolors i extremely want this one to happen and that's extremely true that Agumon can fit into some really underused lines like Spinomon.

I can see Agumon's new mega form being a dlc or possibly like a good amount of Karma games the True ending regardless i do hope the game does well so we can possibly get some free dlc.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting character. ...So Free Action is like how Persona works when you're not fighting?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saki basically looks like a human Floramon lol. Her dress starts white then ends green, and highly resembles Floramon.

Anyway, it really sounds like everyone hates her (in the game). I don't get it, she seems so nice.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the Persona-esque social system involved, and Kizuna appearing to get Biomerge involved, I wouldn't be surprised at all if by the end of this game, you can biomerge into some obscenely powerful Super-Ultimates. Whether existing or new ones, it would be a beautiful sight. Especially if it gets a 2D animated cutscene of it. Further bonus for unlocking them all before the final boss resulting in unique cutscenes to include them.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So free time is basically Persona/Fire Emblem, eh. Pretty nice.

Nice to get more info in general.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After reading on Twitter posts and other forums, it made me realize, those human characters have certain traits strongly resembles of which humans going to get killed early in horror genre.

Aoi (With Labramon) said to be unreliable like the most unlucky ones tend to go die so early or after the first decreased victim in Horror genre.

Minoru (with Falcomon) hate arguments but careless and trying to be brave got him in trouble like hot blooded guy who is the type to charge in the action that will always lead into worst situations with almost no escape routes.

Ryo (with Kunemon) Jerk and coward. Obviously I don't have to say anything. Just bad troublemakers or coward jerks had their worst fates but "so deserved it"

Not sure about Takuma with Agumon. But all those digimon partners serve as their guardians to support them to survive to the end (Maybe not...)

Oh yeah Saki "popular" with City girl clothes and... That hairstyle.

Could be my paranoid view but surprisingly not so much to say a single word on Takuma's personality... How odd