Survive Updates, Habu & Watanabe on the world of Digimon, & New Card Game Art

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want all Digimon to return and to bump up to 500. Anyway I feel like this is off topic so if you wanna discuss that more, PM me.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They better boost up to 400+ or more Digimon because when it comes to making new games, it tend to have to be lower than before... It's getting annoying. But still it's better than app games. Only I have small concerns for new Digimon games most likely will have more delays... Geez

Okay new WTW website made me widen my eyes so vertically. It kinda hurts but I will get used to it.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They better boost up to 400+ or more Digimon because when it comes to making new games, it tend to have to be lower than before... It's getting annoying. But still it's better than app games. Only I have small concerns for new Digimon games most likely will have more delays... Geez

Okay new WTW website made me widen my eyes so vertically. It kinda hurts but I will get used to it.
Well hackers memory had more digimon then cyber sleuth. I don't think they will have 400 digimon in survive but if your talking about the next story game then most definitely they will have over 400 digimon.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Shuuji is a dick. Good to know. Interesting back story about his family tho. also his Lopmon is clearly gonna dark digivolve to Wendigomon. We even already saw Wendigomon as an enemy in some old screenshots. Pretty neat both Lopmon Champions get into the game since they usually go with just one.
Wow, already time for another episode of Fantiastical Leaps of Zero Logic. I love this show. This episode is about the "agreeable, kind and gentle young man who everyone trusts highly" and has a mild annoyance for his free-spirited partner (see also, Jiang and Jou).

Anyways, the interview is hilarious that it's basically just one shruggy face.

What I'm not sure about is this segment on Smartphone in survive:
In this world, there exist "creatures" that humans can't see, but can sometimes be picked up through electronic devices. By investigating suspicious places with the smartphone camera, they find new discoveries! Various items can be found, such as keys that help with searching, hidden monsters, items that make your monster stronger, etc. If you think a place is worth looking into, take a photo.
Has this always been the case, or am I crazy in not remembering this tidbit? None of the screenshots show them using a phone to interact with Digimon to my knowledge and it kind of screams a cross-platform with a smartphone app for the game which I also don't recall seeing any hint of.
No, there was a previous announcement where we saw the use of an in-game phone to look at the environments

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Shuuji is a dick. Good to know. Interesting back story about his family tho. also his Lopmon is clearly gonna dark digivolve to Wendigomon. We even already saw Wendigomon as an enemy in some old screenshots. Pretty neat both Lopmon Champions get into the game since they usually go with just one.
Wow, already time for another episode of Fantiastical Leaps of Zero Logic. I love this show. This episode is about the "agreeable, kind and gentle young man who everyone trusts highly" and has a mild annoyance for his free-spirited partner (see also, Jiang and Jou).

Anyways, the interview is hilarious that it's basically just one shruggy face.

What I'm not sure about is this segment on Smartphone in survive:
In this world, there exist "creatures" that humans can't see, but can sometimes be picked up through electronic devices. By investigating suspicious places with the smartphone camera, they find new discoveries! Various items can be found, such as keys that help with searching, hidden monsters, items that make your monster stronger, etc. If you think a place is worth looking into, take a photo.
Has this always been the case, or am I crazy in not remembering this tidbit? None of the screenshots show them using a phone to interact with Digimon to my knowledge and it kind of screams a cross-platform with a smartphone app for the game which I also don't recall seeing any hint of.
No, there was a previous announcement where we saw the use of an in-game phone to look at the environments
Yeah I remember seeing something like that but they don't exactly show us how it's used. Or did they i dont remember. Where did you see that again I want to have another look?

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I know Survive was decided to have 100. I hope DLC will increase it somehow. Don't get all hoped up. I know the next "Story" game probably will be disappointing with low Digimon count since PS4 era came, the game development and delays were largely gotten long and longer...

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I hope the dlc will deliver more digimon. I guess it depends on how successful Survive gets. Why do you think the next story game will have a smaller roster? I'm pretty sure they will have around 450-500 digimon. I don't think they will go smaller.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I know Survive was decided to have 100. I hope DLC will increase it somehow. Don't get all hoped up. I know the next "Story" game probably will be disappointing with low Digimon count since PS4 era came, the game development and delays were largely gotten long and longer...
There's literally nothing that indicates that it will have a small roster

Togetak

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really consider what Survive has to be a roster, really? You're playing as specific characters with individual digimon partners, not collecting wild digimon in any meaningful sense

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's just me seeing this pattern... Every time they move to other game console or stopped after releasing new series of Story/World, the Digimon's total count decreased pretty big. Which is why I find it very frustrating...

Well Survive have free evolution route like Falcomon evolved to MetalGreymon gave me that impression of unlocking the hidden evo slot to "collect" more in "Karma" selection for altering the Story path depends on your play. I'm aware of this Survive is mystery solving detective genre.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Habu already said he intends to keep all Digimon moving forward. The next story game will have everyone.

Survive doesn't count.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah the interview said that, hopefully it doesn't stop there from 2D and 3D shift.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's just me seeing this pattern... Every time they move to other game console or stopped after releasing new series of Story/World, the Digimon's total count decreased pretty big. Which is why I find it very frustrating...

Well Survive have free evolution route like Falcomon evolved to MetalGreymon gave me that impression of unlocking the hidden evo slot to "collect" more in "Karma" selection for altering the Story path depends on your play. I'm aware of this Survive is mystery solving detective genre.
We don’t actually know if that instance of Falcomon evolving is something that can happen in game or just something we saw in the gameplay footage they showed to hide Falcomon’s evolutions.

And that there are less Digimon in games now is simply a result of the gaming industry changing. HD development is much more expensive, and Digimon is not immune to that (although, as already said, a number of assets will probably be carried forward so they won’t be having as much trouble). Either they take much longer to develop these games, or they just give you worse and rushed games.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We don’t actually know if that instance of Falcomon evolving is something that can happen in game or just something we saw in the gameplay footage they showed to hide Falcomon’s evolutions.

And that there are less Digimon in games now is simply a result of the gaming industry changing. HD development is much more expensive, and Digimon is not immune to that (although, as already said, a number of assets will probably be carried forward so they won’t be having as much trouble). Either they take much longer to develop these games, or they just give you worse and rushed games.
Habu has stated that choices effect your digivolution so with tons of choices comes tons of digivolutions. I'm quite confident they wouldn't just give us a game with like 1 evo tree for example (Agumon,Greymon,Metalgreymon,Wargreymon) If that was the case then they wouldn't talk about how choices effect digivolution. Having a roster with around 100 digimon to me means that somehow most of them will be playable in some way. If it was linear with the evos I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been delayed like it has been. But I also understand where your coming from. But I hope I'm right lol.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of them will be playable? I think it will happen for sure. I guess I played too much games to know this...
Linear? Not until final journey or New Game+, all evo routes will be accessed for sure. Like Next Order, later you will able to manipulate evo routes to corner in order to evolve 100%.

But still, I barely play Mystery detective/Point and Click in Detective games so I don't know how it works in Survive. I could be wrong.
I will buy it anyways.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of them will be playable? I think it will happen for sure. I guess I played too much games to know this...
Linear? Not until final journey or New Game+, all evo routes will be accessed for sure. Like Next Order, later you will able to manipulate evo routes to corner in order to evolve 100%.

But still, I barely play Mystery detective/Point and Click in Detective games so I don't know how it works in Survive. I could be wrong.
I will buy it anyways.
I have never played a point and click game so it's all totally new to me. Pretty keen.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ye I'm fairly certain Falcomon -> MetalGreymon was just shown as a placeholder as they didn't have many assets at the time. it's unlikely that he'll actually be able to do that in the game itself, but who knows I suppose.

Habu has stated that choices effect your digivolution so with tons of choices comes tons of digivolutions. I'm quite confident they wouldn't just give us a game with like 1 evo tree for example (Agumon,Greymon,Metalgreymon,Wargreymon) If that was the case then they wouldn't talk about how choices effect digivolution. Having a roster with around 100 digimon to me means that somehow most of them will be playable in some way. If it was linear with the evos I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been delayed like it has been. But I also understand where your coming from. But I hope I'm right lol.
each of them probably has a dark evo line as well. EG SkullGreymon and Wendigomon. Labramon could have Anubismon and Plutomon (evil one).

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah skullgreymon for sure will be in it. I wonder what choices ill make first lol. Ill definitely be doing a few playthroughs some as a good guy and some as a bad guy because I do like skullgreymon.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I’m pretty sure what they’ve implied is that there are evolution branches based on story choices and endings, not that every evolution will be available to every partner in some way.

Since I never considered the possibility, it just never occurred to me, but I guess it’s entirely possible there are some lines or just specific Digimon that are accessible from various partners. For example, Devimon could be an evolution that both Agumon and Lopmon can achieve depending on the story choices that lead to either the player (and Agumon) or Shuji and/or Lopmon going down a darker path. Or, same scenario, but it’s Wendimon for Lopmon and Labramon.

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The tweets about Witchelny are certainly interesting and makes you wonder if Habu was looking at using it in the new game. Wonder if that world will ever be shown or featured in any media...