Survive Update- Clean Final Key Art, Miu & Shakomon Art & Profiles, & Screenshots

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some new Survive info from Bandai Asia. After the seemingly erroneous delay announced (and unconfirmed) earlier in the week, something simple like some update and clarifications on details we got awhile ago isn't a bad thing. Most of these are additions to info we saw from V-Jump and Shonen Jump awhile back.

And it's all in English, so no translation needed this time.

First up, at the top, a clean (but not very large) image of the 'final' version of the Survive key art.

Then some clean art and updated profiles for the newest (properly) introduced Survive duo...

Miu Shinonome
Younger sister of Kaito Shinonome, Miu Shinonome is a mysterious girl, who often speaks in riddles and whose eccentric behaviour confuses others around her.

Syakomon
Syakomon is Miu’s partner and has a very realistic character and common-sense. That said Syakomon has a tendency to daydream, but Miu keeps him grounded.
One oddity here is we had been under the impression it was Syakomon who kept Miu grounded, but the profile from Bandai Asia gives the reverse.

On top of that we have a number of few more new screenshots, the main element of being note is Shellmon, who we seemingly weren't aware was in the game before this, along with a few screenshots of Miu from the intro...

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020... as far as we know...

Thanks to Muur for the heads up.

Attachments

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad to finally get their arts since Bandai Japan's site doesn't have them for some reason. Glad to get the full art of the cast too. Doesn't even have to come from people screen shotting YouTube trailers either like last time.

Shellmon is a nice return. If that's Syakomons evo then it's prob Syakomon -> Shellmon -> MarineDevimon based on other pics we've had of the party.

Oh and Miu's cheeky mischievous smile is actually really cute. The previous news couldn't decide which of the two was the daydreamer so it's nice to have confirmation.

Nice to see this stuff after the scare earlier in the week

Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yes, some news is what a lot of us wanted! I know Shellmon and the full art are the only things new but it's still a very good sign that they want this on the public conscious, and seeing these screenshots, the game is pretty gorgeous in its settings and I like the artstyle of the Digimon in battle a lot even if it's motion tweened. I think the semi-chibi approach to Digimon in battle helps illustrate what's happening onscreen while not straying too far from the idea of how big their proportions should be or removing small details and I think that was a good call on their part. Shakomon is a design where the more I look at it, the more I can easily see it selling merchandise in a Hot Topic as it really is a very likeable design. I think they should give it a shot at merchandise. Aren't some current kids toy lines trying to do the whole creepy cute and gross cute thing again?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh? It's not Octomon that Syakomon evolved? Shellmon... Haven't seen that for SOO LONG TIME!

Syakomon in the screenshot look like it's anime art unlike other digimons.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love seeing Shellmon here but if it's only going to evolve into Octomon's and Gesomon's evolved forms....kind of pointless. Holding out hope for new ones!

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The art is great but the gameplay (the most important thing in a videogame) looks very boring

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MarineDevimon and Dagomon? I agree. Shellmon really need new evo.

Boring? It's the appeal of Tactical RPG. Super Robot Wars and Namco X Capcom for example. To double the appeal, Digimon added into this Tactic game for very first time make it look fun. But again it's just personal preferences when it comes to game genres.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The art is great but the gameplay (the most important thing in a videogame) looks very boring
Not every game is for everyone. I do enjoy a well made tactical game from time to time in my case and this one looks promising.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought we were gonna get Octomon, but seeing Shellmon makes me happy lol
Dont like seeing Garurumon as an enemy?! >o< *unless Gururumon xD

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Boring? It's the appeal of Tactical RPG. Super Robot Wars and Namco X Capcom for example. To double the appeal, Digimon added into this Tactic game for very first time make it look fun. But again it's just personal preferences when it comes to game genres.
The wonderswan games were tactical RPG

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah really? No wonder I overlooked this since I never get to see Digimon games in Wonderswan.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah really? No wonder I overlooked this since I never get to see Digimon games in Wonderswan.
The wonderswan games were like fire emblem though, this one looks to be more like fftactics etc..

Also give me a release date already, I need it, especially with the digimon adventure anime coming to an halt.

Do you think this delay would equal to more digimon?

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The wonderswan games were like fire emblem though, this one looks to be more like fftactics etc..

Also give me a release date already, I need it, especially with the digimon adventure anime coming to an halt.

Do you think this delay would equal to more digimon?
no, cuz the game isnt delayed. and even then prob not. its not a collection game.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well in that regard I can still see it being "around 100". No reason to move from that number, really. Does make you wonder what they could push as DLC/pre orders.

Artzei

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are great and all, but the only thing that currently i'm interested about the game is nothing more than a solid and locked release date.
No more delays.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not every game is for everyone. I do enjoy a well made tactical game from time to time in my case and this one looks promising.
Of course, the personal preferences are legitimate, but what I am worried it's the global sales

You know, Digimon is not a franchise that sell a lot of copies, so a gameplay that could not convince players could affect the total copies sold

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Of course, the personal preferences are legitimate, but what I am worried it's the global sales

You know, Digimon is not a franchise that sell a lot of copies, so a gameplay that could not convince players could affect the total copies sold
Sure, but the developers choose the gameplay that they know how to implement and that fits their game's style. For example, just because shooters are popular, developers shouldn't make a Digimon shooter game. That would be really weird if not bad for most fans. Also, Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG and it sells quite well. The genre might not be the most popular, but a well developed game usually manages to gather enough attention to be a success and while the franchise isn't the most popular, at least it has a considerable fanbase that most likely will end up getting bigger with the new series, the movie and this game if they end up doing a good job.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon shooter game is something I truly desire for! Pteranomon (and X) could be our main fighters but knowing that, it won't come off as it's popular that easy. Darius, Raiden, Touhou and others and much more others in that genre never fade away for all years so it'd be bad to introduce Digimon into that bullet hell genre.

But wow all negative posts lately already? I don't think Survive will get cancelled. It was only few delays. Unlike few certain games who had tons of delays. So it's fine. In fact, that digimon twitter website didn't declare it to get Survive cancelled which is great news for us.

It's pity although even it's delayed few times, 100 Digimon limit is still haven't changed. Damn