Survive out in North America on July 29th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Games Twitter has put up a short video from Producer Habu giving the release date for Digimon Survive outside of Japan.

The game will be out on Friday, July 29th, the day after it's out in Japan. July 29th is officially a worldwide date, but you should check what your local Bandai says on social media, as there could be slight changes.

survive1_april20_2022.jpg
survive2_april20_2022.jpg
survive3_april20_2022.jpg
survive4_april20_2022.jpg

Shortly after the Digimon Games account put up some new screenshots. 3 of them appear to be from a newer build of the game than we've previously seen, while the 4th is the shot homaging Adventure that we first saw a few months ago. The only screenshot showing button prompts is running on a Switch.

Digimon Survive can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

The Japanese Digimon Game account also posted their version of the video announcement...

Instead of more screenshots (for now) they have also posted a tile featuring the key art we first saw in February with the release date.

survive5_april20_2022.jpg

It mentions it being in the new issue of V-Jump, which we knew based on early information.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6,633

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a one day difference just like the Complete Edition port. Can't complain too much, at least it's not a year lol.

The sprites look a lot better than they did in 2018, I wonder if that's due to Hyde taking over and remaking them or something.

With those being a Switch screenshots I'd like to see some from PS4 since they could look better there vs Switch. Could be no difference at all I guess.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YAY! Now I feel secure enough to be excited! I look forward to the further details in the next V-jump and I plan to put in my preorder soon.
I'm also so relieved that the wait will finally be behind me. I really do like the premise, characters, and what we've seen of the gameplay so I know I'll enjoy this game for what it is which gets me happy and excited.
Also my birthday is August 1st so this is like a birthday present 🥳

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Absolutely lovely. So glad to see that people outside of Japan won't be waiting too long to finally get their hands on the game, helps minimize risk of being exposed to unwanted spoilers. Not gonna lie, it does feel a bit surreal to get a concrete English release date after waiting for so long, but man am I glad to see that the game is within sight.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES, yes, this is awesome news.

Wish we had an anime of this instead of the Adventure reboot, just a thought.

How would it be like if they used Survive characters instead of the Tai’s group in adventure:?

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wish we had an anime of this instead of the Adventure reboot, just a thought.

How would it be like if they used Survive characters instead of the Tai’s group in adventure:?
because of the way this game tells its narrative in a visual novel type of way, and because its story seems to be inspired by the first Adventure anime with the focus on human and digimon partner relationships and themes of being lost in the unknown, I think it'll feel like you're already watching an anime at times.
The Adventure reboot feels more for a different audience with its younger characters and its setting being more focused on the entirety of the digital world. I don't think Survive's cast and stories were the tone they were going for when making the Adventure reboot

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can confirm that according to Bandai Namco Europe, it's out on the 29th in Europe as well.
Games pretty much always comes out here on a Friday so it makes sense. Usually we end up where it comes out in USA on the Tuesday so we have to then wait three extra days compared to USA. Nice to be on the same day for once. Next Order was a bit weird in that we got on the Friday, but then USA got it on the Tuesday after that so we in Europe had it for five extra days compared to USA (27th vs 31st) when usually USA has it three days earlier. So yeah I'm not surprised. Tbh if the USA date was Tuesday the 26th we'd still see it on Friday the 29th as that's usually how mean game companies are in regards to releases in those regions, even Cyber Sleuth did that (feb 2nd vs feb 5th). So really, the USA release here is a little later than it usually would be due to staying in line with Japan and Europe's usual release dates of Thursdays and Fridays. They can't do Tuesday without either releasing last, or before Japan. Even Digimon ReArise did this where Europe got it a few days later and it's a bloody mobile game.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! We got an English version. Question: Does it have a dub?
so far we haven't seen any sign of a dub so while it is possible, it's best to assume for now that it isn't dubbed

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is all excellent news. I can avoid the internet for a couple of days to ensure I don't get spoilered instantly.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! We got an English version. Question: Does it have a dub?
so far we haven't seen any sign of a dub so while it is possible, it's best to assume for now that it isn't dubbed

Tbf other than accidentally revealing Ben Diskin a dub for ReArise was never announced and then had one day one.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This game is absolutely beautiful! I don't get how people are complaining about the graphics!

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FINALLY July 29th huh noted! Glad my interest is still strong as ever because I kept buying digimon cards to keep myself entertained.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK. We got a release date. ...We'll see but I'm getting this no matter what. Of course. Have to get that Guilmon preorder.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes! Can't wait.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of the reasons I decided to get a Switch. Glad I got one when I did.
Has the pre-order bonus been confirmed anywhere yet for this version, too?

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! As SOON as my next paycheck comes I'm smashing that frickin' preorder button!!!!

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m actually pretty damn surprised it’s so soon after they said “no news on release date lol” but I’m not complaining. Really looking forward to this. Gonna get it for the Switch and play on vacation.