Survive- More on Miu & Shakomon from Shonen Jump

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The new issue of Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan has a page for Survive in the games section of the magazine. This is generally just expansions of what we saw in the most recent V-Jump, as we've seen in the past news showing up a few times in different places.

The decent quality image also gives us a very good look at the (seemingly) final version of the Survive key art featuring everyone.

The details for Miu and Shakomon...

Miu Shinonome (voiced by Misaki Watada)- 6th grader and Kaito's younger sister. Her eccentric actions often leave the others baffled. She hates her brother's overbearingness and always tries to go against him. Miu, being the youngest in the group, is likely to play a really important role in the story.

Shakomon (voiced by Asami Tanako)- Grows closer to Miu while protecting her from dangerous monsters. Miu tends to daydream and it's Shakomon who brings her back to reality

Nothing huge, but nice to get a bit more details.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Thanks to Gematsu for the details and to ShonenGameZ for the image.

Update- Updated with a new translation by onkei. The previous translation from Gematsu had some issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, surprised that they gave Miu a partner Digimon. I wonder if that means she'll be playable at all? :unsure:

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like there's a translation error somewhere? Shouldn't Miu be the one who daydreams?

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a great cast of characters! I'm really excited for this game. They do seem to be checking allot of the adventure character's tropes but I'm okay with that!

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, as the humans try to protect Miu would the other Digimon have an instinct to protect Shakomon? It might not be so in-depth but it can make for a good dynamic.
What's up with the funny man in the orange sweater in the bottom left corner and his friend up top?

Last edited:

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So possibly a more in depth background on Miu next then possibly a release date i feel we are getting really close with the entire cast now revealed.

Makes me wonder what will be Shakomon's mega forms honestly hope at least one of them is Leviamon he is so far the only Demon Lord to not have a major role on his own which is a shame since he is one of my favorite.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like we are close to a release date but at the same time I think are still very far off I hope I'm wrong. I don't want all these unnecessary info on the characters ill learn about them as I play. So please give us what we all want and that's the release date.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like we are close to a release date but at the same time I think are still very far off I hope I'm wrong. I don't want all these unnecessary info on the characters ill learn about them as I play. So please give us what we all want and that's the release date.
I can't say your wrong i do hope we get information of what went wrong and i don't mind the character info but as like u said we will just learn about them from playing the game ourselves.

SleepingSigma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this is the exact opposite description of their personalities as the descriptions in V-Jump. Which one is correct?

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't say your wrong i do hope we get information of what went wrong and i don't mind the character info but as like u said we will just learn about them from playing the game ourselves.
Yeah I would love to know whats going on. I wish they could kind of give us a window of when to expect it. Everyone's just playing guessing games at the moment. I love new info aswell but I don't need to know anymore about the characters. The wait is a bit to long for my liking but there's nothing we can do.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed not trying to sound entitling but i would like to know what caused it to be in development for so long i agree with u that i would like some kind of indication of when to expect the game.

So true the struggle is real my friend I'm with u on that i feel we don't need anymore information on the characters the wait has gone long enough imo but I'm already preparing myself for a longer wait when the release date comes.😒

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It has been a long time. Can you imagine if we get the release date and it's like late September? I lose my shit lol

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It has been a long time. Can you imagine if we get the release date and it's like late September? I lose my shit lol
Bruh i probably shed a tear that would be ridiculous the game better have a lot of content if they go that far.😂

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bruh i probably shed a tear that would be ridiculous the game better have a lot of content if they go that far.😂
Lol same id do more then shed a tear I would probably freeze myself and then someone can come and melt me down in September.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
September doesn't really feel that far away to be honest. I'd be okay with that date

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed not trying to sound entitling but i would like to know what caused it to be in development for so long i agree with u that i would like some kind of indication of when to expect the game.

So true the struggle is real my friend I'm with u on that i feel we don't need anymore information on the characters the wait has gone long enough imo but I'm already preparing myself for a longer wait when the release date comes.😒
habu's words were

“Regarding Survive, the planned release date has been changed to 2020 because of a reorganization of our game development structure. Sorry to keep you waiting. Once again, I feel deeply the hardships of game development… We will continue to develop the game in order to make it a good product, so please look forward to it.”

whatever that means.

well tbf habu originally said they plan to have two story routes and want a third one if they have enough time to implement a third one. after the massive period of quiet, he has now said the game has three story routes. so the delay has ended up allowing them to get their full vision of the game by including said third story route.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

habu's words were

“Regarding Survive, the planned release date has been changed to 2020 because of a reorganization of our game development structure. Sorry to keep you waiting. Once again, I feel deeply the hardships of game development… We will continue to develop the game in order to make it a good product, so please look forward to it.”

whatever that means.

well tbf habu originally said they plan to have two story routes and want a third one if they have enough time to implement a third one. after the massive period of quiet, he has now said the game has three story routes. so the delay has ended up allowing them to get their full vision of the game by including said third story route.
Did habu say that there are 3 routes now? Can you tell me where I can read that please? Like an article or something.

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes it feels like this Game is never going to come out. >_<

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like there's a translation error somewhere? Shouldn't Miu be the one who daydreams?
Yes, taking a closer look at the text it says that Shakomon is the realistic one who warns against the daydream-prone Miu.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
habu's words were

whatever that means.
Ya i know about that but i honestly don't know what that means either.

I know but that sounds good on paper but the thing that worries me is the game not being worth the wait i do know story wise it's going to expand on Digimon since generally the games Habu makes normally do but gameplay wise i just hope it doesn't end up somewhat similar to Anthem not trying to be negative just hoping all this waiting will be worth it in the end.