Survive- More Kaito Background Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We've gotten a decent amount about Kaito and Dracmon lately (1, 2, 3). Famitsu has put up a bit expanding on Kaito a bit more. Much of it is what we've seen before, but there is a small bit that isn't completely new, but does detail prior information by a decent chunk. Below are some more screenshots.

"Kaito Shinonome," a local delinquent-looking boy who lives in the area where the extracurricular camp takes place. His family moved here a couple years ago, and it became Kaito's job to look after his younger sister since their parents are always away from home. When they first moved here, he gains the attention of some unruly kids and gets bullied by them. When the bullying extends to his sister, who was with him at the time, Kaito's anger explodes and he beats the kids to a pulp.
Ever since that incident, he becomes even more reticent and readily glares at everyone around him. Kaito detached himself from others around him, only focusing on protecting his sister.
"I have to protect her!"
Those feelings grow even stronger when he wanders into the dangerous other world, turning into violence that hurts those around him...

Just a small update giving us a few more details about him.

Kaito is voiced by Kengo Takanashi, probably best known as Hajime in Silver Spoon, So in Starmyu, and Yaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V.
His partner Dracmon is voiced by Kouta Nemoto, who would be familiar to Digimon fans as Haruki in a few episodes of Hunters, Mailmon in Appmon, and of course Jimiken in Cyber Sleuth.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Thanks to onkei for translations.

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kaito definitely has family issues. He may be even more of an issue than Ryou (Kunemon's partner)! Kaito is probably going to get physical with Ryou and Minoru will most likely rub him the wrong way by mistake with his clownery as well

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He sounds like Kanji Tatsumi, a angry tough looking boy who will beat people up to protect those he lives but deep down he's the softest of them all but would never admit it.

And I wonder how old he is? Doesn't sound like he's a student. Early 20s? Late teens?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He sounds like Kanji Tatsumi, a angry tough looking boy who will beat people up to protect those he lives but deep down he's the softest of them all but would never admit it.

And I wonder how old he is? Doesn't sound like he's a student. Early 20s? Late teens?
He is likely a student, since he still lives with his parents and his little sister.

Not that he couldn't live with his parents in his 20s, but his description sounds like a student.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kaito definitely sounds like the Yamato of the group, I'm sure you can convince him to come around and save him in at least one route.

The fact that the article repeatedly refers to him as "a boy" (少年) suggests that he hasn't hit the age of twenty at least.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His face expression looks like Minoru's. I bet they're the same age.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like this kid a lot I like the personality he has. Tough kid that would protect his mates. But yet again not really the news I was hoping for. Enough about the characters and more about the release. Does anyone think even though survive hasn't been mentioned to be discussed on the news navi that we could maybe get a release date then?