Super Mario Maker 2!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed that a topic hadn't been made for this game yet. Surely I'm not the only person who has it? Anyway, here's a thread for sharing the levels you've made, or levels you've found that you liked, or the usual "random commentary." If you haven't bought the game yet, I highly recommend it. It feels like it's about five times as versatile as the original game was, and even if you don't like to make a lot of your own levels, there's endless content made by other people (not to mention a story mode and challenge modes). I especially like the greater variety of aesthetics available.

So far I've only uploaded one level of my own, Cavern of Flame (JH3-LD9-0VG). It's the first in a series of levels based on H. P. Lovecraft's novel-length story "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath. I'll keep posting them here as I finish them. I think I may have made Cavern of Flame a little difficult for a "first level," but I doubt most people will play them in order anyway. If you play it and don't hate it, maybe give it a like or comment, so Nintendo's less likely to take it down lol. Naturally that goes for any levels forum members share here.

Anyone else have levels you'd like the forum to try? Or comments/questions about the game itself?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've uploaded less than a handful myself, but my personal favourite is this recreation of the first level of Alex Kidd in Miracle World (M08-1BP-78G).

I did this once before on the original Mario Maker, but vertical levels weren't possible then so I was limited with what I could do. This time, I think I pretty much nailed it.

One of my favourites that I've played is this one named Ludonarrative Dissonance (KD7-1SC-F3G)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I played through your levels, wildwing. Recreating other games' levels in Mario Maker is an interesting idea. I've considered making some Castlevania levels that way, though Dracula's castles have a decided dearth of molten lava... Ludonarrative Dissonance was pretty funny, partly on account of the comments.

Here's my second "Dream Quest" level, the Enchanted Wood: NWL-T99-7QG
It's longer than the last level, but considerably easier.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My boy plays a lot this game. I played it maybe once or twice, and that's it. I remember playing one nice track titled "To the Moon", but the next time I ran the game it disappeared from my favourites. But if I had to choose my favourite and still available course, I would choose Super Castlevania Bros: 5WW-0MF-TMF (which of course is not mine).

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, speak of the devil! Someone already beat me to a Castlevania level. I've added it to my "likes." Still might take my own whack at it eventually.

My third level, The Cat Mario of Ulthar, is now up: K9Q-YLB-LXG

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Took forever, but I've finally finished my fourth course, "The Other Gods," based on the Lovecraft story of the same name: BR9-65K-0SG
It was a little tricky to design, and is a little tricky to play.

Here are a few levels by other people that I've liked (and that haven't gotten a lot of exposure yet). First, "The Lost People," CRG-F4R-N8G. Secondly, "Mario's Under Water Experience!," N1K-9V5-TDF.

Any other forum-goers made or discovered courses lately?

Edit:
If anyone wants to read the story this new level is based on, you can find it here: http://hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/og.aspx Previous levels have been inspired by "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath," which can be read here: http://hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/dq.aspx There are further adaptations of parts of the novel coming up.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally made a new level. I got maker's block halfway through it months ago and just got around to finishing it tonight. It's another in the "Dream-Quest" series, "The Black Galley": RDW-RK7-8QG

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited: