Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scsad3_1_october27_2022.jpg
scsad3_2_october27_2022.jpg
scsad3_3_october27_2022.jpg

At the Nakiri World event bandai is holding, at the Digimon display, they've announced a new Digivice product....

From Digimon Adventure Zero-Two it's the Super Complete Selection Animation D-3.

It was on display with the CSA Digivice 1999 & the SCSA D-Ark & D-Scaniner (with the D-Scanner being shown off extra since it has pre-orders closing in a few days.)

Early shells based on Daisuke & Ken colored D-3s were shown, with one of the big focuses is to make the shape/design match the anime designs.

The SCSA line, an upgrade of the CSA line, is for prop/display toys, featuring voices, animations, & more.

For now all they are doing is announcing, more details to come later.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6,607
Last edited:

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, did they skip the D-3 previously? I could have sworn they had done this already.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, did they skip the D-3 previously? I could have sworn they had done this already.

The previous version of the CSA line had Hikari & Takeru's D-3s from tri.

It went off the original toy style shell (the 15th Version specifically), with design tweaks to make it look like the more mechanical styling the D-3s had in tri.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awsome! Wasn't expecting this so soon. I thought they'd release it closer to the 02 movie.
At first they look a bit... weird? The up and down buttons are vertical, unlike all the previous D3s. The antenna is super long too. However, this all stops being weird when you realise the original design for the d3 is exactly like this. This is the most accurate D3 we've ever had!

Early shells based on Daisuke & Ken colored D-3s were shown, with one of the big focuses is to make the shape/design match the anime designs.
I wonder if we're getting any other shells. How awesome would it be if you could swap them out?

Now, where is that SCSA D-Terminal? šŸ¤ž

shynely

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awsome! Wasn't expecting this so soon. I thought they'd release it closer to the 02 movie.

They were just shown, there's no release date yet, so the release date could still end up closer.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first they look a bit... weird? The up and down buttons are vertical, unlike all the previous D3s. The antenna is super long too. However, this all stops being weird when you realise the original design for the d3 is exactly like this. This is the most accurate D3 we've ever had!
I'm not sure if that's true. I'm pretty sure the two buttons are supposed to be slightly diagonal. Admittedly it's hard finding shots from the anime where the D-3 isn't at an angle, but in this line art they are definitely diagonal. It's the same for Takeru and Hikari's D-3s in their evolutions.
D3_ref.jpg

These are still cool to see. I wonder if these do well if we'll get a CSA for Savers and Xros Wars.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I wasn't expecting this; I had half a mind to track down the ver. 15th D-3 since I skipped out on that one (still might, since I kind of like the green/blue combo) but these are nice too, and probably cheaper. If it shows up on P-Bandai US, (no reason to think it won't, but you never know...) I'll splurge for Ken's.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure if that's true. I'm pretty sure the two buttons are supposed to be slightly diagonal. Admittedly it's hard finding shots from the anime where the D-3 isn't at an angle, but in this line art they are definitely diagonal. It's the same for Takeru and Hikari's D-3s in their evolutions.
You're right! I searched for these concept images earlier but only found the middle one, where the buttons appear to align vertically with the angle/view. They are clearly "tilted" on the front view concept. Still, these look great! I wonder how the screen will work, since it has a light grey tone. Deciding which version to get will be difficult.

These are still cool to see. I wonder if these do well if we'll get a CSA for Savers and Xros Wars.
The Digivice Burst from Savers would be perfect for the SCSA line! For the Xros Loader, the japanese version that came out at the time was kinda similar to a SCSA, with color screen and mp3 player, but who knows?

Idiysar Almond

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt we'll ever get these unless they're doing something with said animes. Frontier has 20th anniversay this year and 02 has an upcoming movie, and both are the classic four while Savers and XW are just treated like "that failed attemp to revive Digimon and another failed attempt" by them IMHO.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks a bit more angular and hard than I expected. I always interpreted the lateral details as rubber pieces for ergonomic grip.

edit: like, the details of the sides seem to be edging out of the case more than they should, and the depth of the details seem deeper than it should be, based on concept art. With the depression of the lateral details being way too deep.

Ken's dark digivice case should be a duller dark than it's edges, too. More like a very dark grey.

Last edited:

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt we'll ever get these unless they're doing something with said animes. Frontier has 20th anniversay this year and 02 has an upcoming movie, and both are the classic four while Savers and XW are just treated like "that failed attemp to revive Digimon and another failed attempt" by them IMHO.
Trust me, these two seasons getting little in terms of acknowledgement from Bandai and Toei is not lost on me. Last year was Savers' 15th anniversary, and it didn't get anything the prior 4 shows got, namely no Blu Ray or V-Pet type product. However, there was a time Frontier was also treated similarly, but has gotten so much more now. Maybe 2026 will be the big Savers renaissance, although that year is gonna be Tamers' 25th anniversary, so it might overshadow Savers.

Even Xros Wars I don't think has been treated as badly as Savers. A couple years ago all the Digimon it introduced were given proper levels and have been incorporated into the V-Pets, plus pretty much all major characters and Digimon have been added to the card game.

tamerchris

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is exciting news as I missed out on the D-3 ver15th. That said, I would have been happy with just a CSA version (just sound). SCSA would mean that it has animation on the LCD screen.

I wonder how it would work considering armor evolutions require a D-Terminal. Also wouldn't jogress change the colour of the shell lol (these doesn't seem translucent so I doubt they have LEDs planned like the CSA digivices).

Mugenlazlo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fingers crossed for a CSA Digivice IC/Data Link Digivice and a CSA Digivice Burst from Savers/Data Squad.

Idiysar Almond

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trust me, these two seasons getting little in terms of acknowledgement from Bandai and Toei is not lost on me. Last year was Savers' 15th anniversary, and it didn't get anything the prior 4 shows got, namely no Blu Ray or V-Pet type product. However, there was a time Frontier was also treated similarly, but has gotten so much more now. Maybe 2026 will be the big Savers renaissance, although that year is gonna be Tamers' 25th anniversary, so it might overshadow Savers.

Even Xros Wars I don't think has been treated as badly as Savers. A couple years ago all the Digimon it introduced were given proper levels and have been incorporated into the V-Pets, plus pretty much all major characters and Digimon have been added to the card game.
That's Savers' curse, it's both heavily inspired by Tamers and airs 5 years after that, making it overshadowed by the bigger things for any anniversaries. Though it probably will happen to other real world based seasons (Appmon, Ghost Game) later as well, heck, although Appmon's anniversaries were celebrated a bit last year, it's nothing big. Though for Savers' 15th anniversary last year, it can't be helped that 20th anniversaries is something celebrated more than 15th. But then, for the next divisible by 5 anniversary, while it'd be 20th for Savers, it'd be 25th for Tamers, the silver anniversary. We'd be extremely lucky if Savers would get anything other than just mention by then. It's best bet would be 25th anniversaries. While we're at it, 2026 would be 10th anniversary of Appmon as well, which is quite a good number to celebrate. Though again, it'll definitely be overshadowed by Tamers' 25th. At most, i think they'll simply integrate more of Appmon stuffs to Digimon universe, could happen sooner though.

I doubt Savers' (merchandise/anniversaries) will ever reach the level of current Frontier, since while Savers actually get better treatment than Frontier during 2006-2016, by which i mean there're usually more representation of its main Digimon on medias especially games (though it's more about Hybrids being irregular) , not so for popularity and recognition from fans. Frontier get big advantage just being among the first 4 since it was aired back to back for 4 years and is still part of fans' childhood. Not so for Savers, at best, it was "Digimon for older fans that has grown up" and "the latest, more modern season" during its debut, which such "title" has been replaced by Tri for former and Xros Wars ever since XW's debut (and it's replaced by GG now), ending up in the unloved and forgotten middle child territory (along with XW and Appmon).

Disagree on XW being treated better than Savers, at least historically. When it took them almost 10 years to be given level and incorporated more often to the medias, can't say that's a good thing. Especially when XW was the first season without movie, ED, and human character song that's released/not played during the season, even Appmon got them. It's just that currently they tried to make up for all the exclusion XWmons get from medias, that's why they looked to be cared better. Heck, for console/handheld game, not all of main Shoutmon forms has been available, even if you combine all the games. And i'm still pissed that they retconned ArresterdramonSM, treating like it doesn't exist, and basically merging it with Brave Snatcher version, making Arresterdramon the first ultimate-less main character Digimon, while they could've made the regular SM a perfect, and Brave Snatcher an ultimate.