Sunarizamon Preview for Booster Set EX-03

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterex03sunarizamon_july10_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar. This time it's Sunarizamon.

Sunarizamon gets new card art, where he appears to be helping prepare food alongside a few different Digimon.

Previous previews for Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar:

Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar is out July 29th, 2022.

We have early details for Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 6,412

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Goromon and Flarerizamon are showing up a surprising amount of times for digimon not revealed to be in this set yet.
It's interesting seeing the stylistic choices here to make Sunarizamon look like a child Flarerizamon

Sunarizamon
Rookie / Virus / Reptile
[When Attacking] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [Dragon] in its traits to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see the right one is missing his eye

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's like watching this Koki drew the creatures without the bones inside their bodies...

But it's cool to see Flarerizamon and Sunarizamon together in this card. It'd be acceptable if Sunarizamon got new recolor that is meant for Flarelizamon maybe it could include Darklizamon

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's like watching this Koki drew the creatures without the bones inside their bodies...
that's really ironic wording considering the digimon in this particular art not being the kind of bodies that have/would show a skeletal structure

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was wondering whether that slot will go to Flarizamon to hint at a Dorbickmon Evolution line, but instead we get the rookie with the champion being implied nonetheless.

Small correction: I see this is card #3 on the card list. Flarizamon still coming later today, maybe?

Lol, Mama Flarizamon cooking dinner for it's babies. Brilliant.

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, so that explains the random frying pan and stove in Veemon's card it, it was FlareLizamon cooking up a storm. :ROFLMAO:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, so that explains the random frying pan and stove in Veemon's card it, it was FlareLizamon cooking up a storm. :ROFLMAO:
Frying Pan in V-mon card is actually Flame City from Digital Card Arena.

Last edited:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Although they're both Lizamon species, not a fan of sand evolving into fire.
HEAT OF THE DESERT, DUST SETTLES ON MY FACE.

I mean, but joking aside, what would you prefer it evolves into, glass? It's sand, sand will always be associated with heat even if there are cold deserts and cold coasts because people don't think about those things as cold.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, but joking aside, what would you prefer it evolves into, glass? It's sand, sand will always be associated with heat even if there are cold deserts and cold coasts because people don't think about those things as cold.
rock duh, Golemon is his first intended evolution

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I imagine Golemon is its most common result in Nature Spirit and Nightmare Soldier environments but in areas where you would find a lot of Dragon's Roar Digimon (volcanic areas) Flarerizamon would be a more beneficial evolution. Finding a lot of Sunarizamons there too also makes a lot of sense as sentient sand probably has a lot less to fear than other digimon

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sand lizard to rock golem is fine.
Sand lizard to fire lizard is fine.

It's Digimon. And I think everyone in this thread is aware Golemon is the intended orthodox evolution of Sunarizamon, but we got this card, with 3 digimon that also fit in an evolution line.

We have rock (netral) to ice (cold) to meteor (hot) line.
We have fire reptil to fire wolf to non fire wolf to ice wolf line.
We have bear with shield to wolf with shield to humanoid monster with shield to dragon with shield line

And here we are, getting a new evolution line from Sand Lizard to Fire Lizard to (presumably in this set) a Magma Dinosaur which is a good combination of its two preevolutions' elements.

Yes. Golemon is the intended evolution. But we are discussing something digimon-y and that's fine. Not a fan of it? That's fair.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Golemon is his first intended evolution
Sunarizamon was literally stated to have been designed with a bunch of Adult forms in mind and flows reasonably into all of them. Flarerizamon and Golemon are just two of those. Baboongamon (which has basically only been shown associated with it) and Tortomon are two others.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah the new Digimon is indeed designed to match several digimon at once such as Sangomon to Shellmon can become Leviamon or Pukumon. Or Regalecusmon for piranhas, sharks and shrimp.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. By this card (and this Set) Flarerizamon is the newest addition to Adult evolution of Sunarizamon after the 4 digimon explained in Pendulum Z Memo. Monochromon, Baboongamon, Tortamon, and Golemon (which is the closest one in terms of design and element).

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's hard for me to not want to still use Gottsumon for Golemon. Doesn't help that Goromon is the absolute perfect baby version of Gottsumon making me want to swap Gottsumon out for Sunarizamon even less even though I like Sunarizamon (but not that name)