Storing artworks...

GlorMor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my friends gifted me her drawings before she went to the US. She asked me to keep it safe. I know that it's her favorite drawing. It's not because she asked me to keep it safe, but I’m also responsible for that drawing. It is a wonderful gift and I don’t want to lose it. I don't want to keep it at home as it would get damaged by the improper caring. I have plans to keep it safe in the self-storage unit. How should I prepare the artwork for the storage? The artwork is almost a year old. Do I need to clean it prior to storage? If so, how should I clean? What cleaning products should I use? I'm looking for your advice. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Teddyzmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think this is the correct subforum for it but I would suggest an air tight container with silica gel packets.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought a portfolio for my drawings. Here's a link to some you can check out https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Arts-Crafts-Sewing-Art-Portfolios/zgbs/arts-crafts/12896421 I don't think you need to worry about cleaning the drawing unless it's already really dusty or something but depending on the medium used for the drawing the way you clean it could damage the drawing. Unfortunately I don't really have any advice on how to clean it so I'd just recommend leaving it alone.