Stay at Home with Digimon Promotion Announced for Japan, plus an Adventure: Special Edition compilation is Coming Soon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Bandai Channel streaming service has announced a 'Stay at Home with Digimon' promotion that will provide free streaming of the first 6 Digimon movies over 6 weeks in Japan, along with a few other things...

The free movie streaming schedule is:
Digimon Adventure- April 26th to May 2nd
Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game- May 3rd to May 9th
Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Touchdown- May 10th to May 16th
Digimon Adventure 02: Diablomon Strikes Back- May 17th to May 23rd
Digimon Tamers: The Battle of the Adventurers- May 24th to May 30th
Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express- May 31st to June 6th

In addition to that, episodes 1 and 2 of Adventure: are free on the service, with episode 3 available to paid members. (They also note they have Digimon Adventure and 02 for paying members.)

The one bit of 'new' information is that they also mention a 'Special Compilation/Edition' of Digimon Adventure: is coming soon. No further details are given about this, but a compilation film of the first 3 episodes with some tweaked elements would seem to be the likely guess, as it's not uncommon for that to be done for shows (and with only 3 episodes having aired, there's only so much potential for what it could be.)

Hopefully we get further details about it soon, and possibly even a subbed version, even if it just a compilation film.

Digimon Adventure: is currently on hiatus. Further details about that can be found here.

And a small extra thing, a clean version of the Stay at Home with Digimon image...

Attachments

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly the first three episodes read a bit like a prologue to me, so I think a special edition could be really fun to have all in one sitting.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very interesting. When they announced the hiatus, I wasn't TOO burned because (as BlankShell stated) it felt like a prologue, so this isn't too surprising.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having a mini movie with some extra scenes and without breaks could indeed be very nice. Hopefully it won't be Japan only exclusive.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well at least there's this. So that's fun at least. This compilation thing is interesting though.